Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    80 off 8 required
  • Options
    Milnes bowling beautifully with 3-18 off 3
  • Options
    66/6 in the 13th
  • Options
    Make that the sign of the Devil

66-6
  • Options
    Cooke gone 84/7
  • Options
    100/8
  • Options
    100-8

45 off 3 required
  • Options
    What a catch! 9 down
  • Options
    101-9

4th wicket to Milnes. Another great catch from Cox - he is some outfielder
  • Options
    In other news Matt Quinn has re-joined us on loan to the end of the season and also signed a three year contract to run from 2022
    Slightly surprised that we've given him such a long contract, it's not as if we're short of seamers when everyone's fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All out for 104
  • Options
    We win by 43 runs

Milnes with a 5 fer

This wasn't a great pitch and our total was probably worth another 25-30
  • Options
    Anyone else watching ?

No?

Don't blame you. 

All 3 England  " stars" have lost the plot IMO.

Something isn't right with Denly - he's scored 291 runs in 14 innings in all forms of the game this season. He took a couple of weeks off for "personal reasons" and I can only assume that this has something to do with it. The one thing that is for certain is that he can't be treated any differently from the likes of Blake and Robinson when it comes to selecting the side.
    His 3 overs returned 1-10, so probably worth his place just for his bowling!
  • Options
    Well that was surprisingly easy with a below average target to defend 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    In other news Matt Quinn has re-joined us on loan to the end of the season and also signed a three year contract to run from 2022
    Slightly surprised that we've given him such a long contract, it's not as if we're short of seamers when everyone's fit
    Therein lies the problem. Milnes, Podmore and Stewart have all been injured this season and they have come to the conclusion that Klaassen isn't a red ball bowler. And dare I dare to say it but Stevens might not be with us in 3 years time at the age of 48!

There is one fast bowler coming through, Jas Singh, who Seb has played with for the last 10 years from soft ball to Kent U18s and who potentially might make it. The two of them are going to the Darren Lehmann Academy for six months come October and the fast bowling coach there is Shaun Tait so hopefully he will help his development. Beyond that there isn't that much in the 18 plus age group so that is probably why Quinn has been given a 3 year contract to allow him and others to develop.
  • Options
    A comfortable win AND a healthy boost to our NRR. Who'd have thunk it?
  • Options
    Oh me of little faith ! 

Shows how little I know about cricket & especially pitches.

I like Matt Milnes - an honest, "get on with it" type of player.

Well recovered, our Spitfire lads. 

TBH, I think it was @redman who came on board & changed our fortunes ! 
  • Options
    Was watching on the stream, don't know how to put things on here but if someone can get a copy of their 9th wicket, Cox on the boundary catch, its definitely worth seeing again.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    https://live.kentcricket.co.uk/#$$2_018_03

Forget that - the link doesn't show the catch!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hopefully you saw it. I'm not losing it again surely!!!
    🙃
  • Options

https://live.kentcricket.co.uk/#

It's 17.3 overs from the live stream
  • Options
    Oh me of little faith ! 

certainly didn't seem like it for the rest of our innings. Let's hope my good fortune continues for my visit on Sunday. Thanks for tipping me off earlier as well. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Oh me of little faith ! 

certainly didn't seem like it for the rest of our innings. Let's hope my good fortune continues for my visit on Sunday. Thanks for tipping me off earlier as well. 
    Hope you have a good visit to Canterbury on Sunday.

And witness another good victory. 
  • Options
    Withering description of the pitch by the Cricinfo reporter.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/vitality-blast-2021-1250122/glamorgan-vs-kent-south-group-1250268/match-report?ex_cid=OTC-RSS

Argues it was effectively an insult to not only to the players but the crowd who in the end focused on the Wales football.

Allèges chosen counties cherry pick their best wickets for the Hundred.

Very critical of Billings.

i cannot speak to the first allégations but am in entire agreement over Billings.

What possible value was there in Billings being in the Test Squad to fight with a completely inadequate youngster for the 4th keeper spot behind Butler, Foakes and Bairstow.

The county ranks as a poor third on his list of priorities.  He should be In his prime years. He and more importantly we will not get these seasons back.

With Denly having his challenges, Kuhn injured, what example does it set.

Outside of Covid-19 and injury just how much game time has he pissed away.

Give me a skipper who actually wants to play for Kent. In terms of the future give me Robinson every time.
    I didn't think the article was that critical of Billings, more the way international call ups, and bubbles have affected things, alongside franchises

I don't understand the finances of how players are paid by counties nowadays, when if they are T20 players, the chances are they'll be off playing in a franchise as well
  • Options
    Withering description of the pitch by the Cricinfo reporter.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/vitality-blast-2021-1250122/glamorgan-vs-kent-south-group-1250268/match-report?ex_cid=OTC-RSS

Argues it was effectively an insult to not only to the players but the crowd who in the end focused on the Wales football.

Allèges chosen counties cherry pick their best wickets for the Hundred.

Very critical of Billings.

i cannot speak to the first allégations but am in entire agreement over Billings.

What possible value was there in Billings being in the Test Squad to fight with a completely inadequate youngster for the 4th keeper spot behind Butler, Foakes and Bairstow.

The county ranks as a poor third on his list of priorities.  He should be In his prime years. He and more importantly we will not get these seasons back.

With Denly having his challenges, Kuhn injured, what example does it set.

Outside of Covid-19 and injury just how much game time has he pissed away.

Give me a skipper who actually wants to play for Kent. In terms of the future give me Robinson every time.
    I get where you and the article is coming from and that Billings' coming and going can be disruptive. I believe that this is the reason that he hasn't been given the captaincy back for these matches and DBD has retained the position. It is hard on Robinson especially as a period our of the team for him potentially means that he is going to lose his form too because he won't be hitting balls in the middle either.
  • Options
    Milnes bowling beautifully with 3-18 off 3
    It’s not often you see the adverb ‘beautifully’ used when referring to T20 bowling. Effectively, tightly, economically, intelligently but not beautifully. It sounds like it was a very much unbeautiful pitch which is rare for T20. Or, did they use a red ball my mistake and the Glamorgan batsmen couldn’t see it?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    It would be classic Kent to lose both Billings and Robinson over this.  I assume England have told Kent that Billings has to keep - perhaps he will be the number two to Butler in all formats this summer .  Robinson has , however , been our best batter all summer and his keeping is high end