Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    Milnes bowling beautifully with 3-18 off 3
    It’s not often you see the adverb ‘beautifully’ used when referring to T20 bowling. Effectively, tightly, economically, intelligently but not beautifully. It sounds like it was a very much unbeautiful pitch which is rare for T20. Or, did they use a red ball my mistake and the Glamorgan batsmen couldn’t see it?
    It's always "beautiful" when you get the likes of Marnus Labushagne and Colin Ingram out as these are the two players who could have won the game on their own. I thought originally that both balls were slower ones but it is possible that they "stopped" in the wicket.

So I am going to delete the word "beautifully" and for his spell of 5-22 (I'm struggling to recall the last time one of our bowlers took 5 wickets in a T20) and upgrade it to "magnificently"   
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    It would be classic Kent to lose both Billings and Robinson over this.  I assume England have told Kent that Billings has to keep - perhaps he will be the number two to Butler in all formats this summer .  Robinson has , however , been our best batter all summer and his keeping is high end 
    Robinson is contracted for another two seasons. Whether Kent would stand in his way IF he wanted to move is another question altogether. What we might see in the not too distant future is Robinson on England duty at Test level and Billings back with us. Now that would be ironic.
  • Options
    Agree with all of the above.

As a fellow Addick stated the other day, Billings is in his early 30s ( I THINK) and may start looking back & wondering why he has only played a handful of games for the past 3 seasons or so( apart from his shoulder injury of course) 

As a Kent supporter, I want to see our strongest team out there which WAS the case before SB & ZC returned to the fold....and feel it's an insult to young Ollie at the very least, to be sidelined when he's been an important member of that successful T20 team at the start of the competition. 

Grapevine mentioned JD's "problems"...Do we know what's behind his poor performances with the bat or is it a similar situation to the mystery surrounding Aneke ? 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Agree with all of the above.

As a fellow Addick stated the other day, Billings is in his early 30s ( I THINK) and may start looking back & wondering why he has only played a handful of games for the past 3 seasons or so( apart from his shoulder injury of course) 

As a Kent supporter, I want to see our strongest team out there which WAS the case before SB & ZC returned to the fold....and feel it's an insult to young Ollie at the very least, to be sidelined when he's been an important member of that successful T20 team at the start of the competition. 

Grapevine mentioned JD's "problems"...Do we know what's behind his poor performances with the bat or is it a similar situation to the mystery surrounding Aneke ? 
    I did mention JD's personal issues too but I genuinely do not know what these are. He also missed a couple of the pre season friendlies but I understand that was due to injury. It may just be that he needed a bit of time away to clear his head.

I also reiterate the knock on aspect of Billings' coming and going and how it might affect Robinson. Scoring runs is all about confidence and he has, undoubtedly, been one of, if not our best batsman, this season. He had a couple of low scores prior to being dropped and has already missed a couple of subsequent games. Unless he plays 2s cricket or for his Club, both of which might be unlikely as he will be in the squad, he will find himself having to do exactly what Billings is doing now - trying to find form again following an enforced absence and not one that would be his fault either.
  • Options
    It's the big problem of the squad system. Billings never got to play at all for ages as he was a squad member. I believe England did treat him pretty shabbily although he is paid pretty well for it I suppose. Now the same could potentially happen to Robinson. If it's not intended him playing Sunday then he should be allowed to go and get some cricket anywhere. He can always then join up the team in case someone injures themselves in the pre game football warm up! 
  • Options
    In case anyone's interested, there are limited tickets available for all 4 Royal London Cup matches at Beckenham via the KCCC site.

We've purchased for 22nd July v Durham and Thurs 12th August v Gloucs. 

Gluttons for "punishment" !! 
  • Options
    In case anyone's interested, there are limited tickets available for all 4 Royal London Cup matches at Beckenham via the KCCC site.

Touch wood those dates will be after full easing of lockdown, so a full house allowed...
  • Options

Thanks for the heads up; we've bought 2 tickets
  • Options
    I have no idea if any of you follow the women’s game but viewing the England - India women’s test I strongly recommend you watch a young lass aged 17 named Shafali Verma. The timing of her stroke play is extraordinary. She made 96 on her Test debut in the first innings in an opening partnership of 167.

The rest of the India side the collapsed with India being asked to follow on. They are 29 -1 with Verma 20 not out. Five exquisite boundaries mixed with almost perfect defence. I am not sure I have seen such pure timing since Colin Cowdrey in his prime.

The young lady just oozes pure class. Hugely enjoyable to watch. 
    A tale of two batters:

Verma 46* off 53
    Sharma 1* off 44
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks for the tip Fanny. We got tickets to three matches.
  • Options
    Great, guys ! 

Would be lovely to meet up for a brief hello at some point during a match...maybe during the break if your tickets are for the same matches as ours.
  • Options
    Great, guys ! 

Would be lovely to meet up for a brief hello at some point during a match...maybe during the break if your tickets are for the same matches as ours.

Lovely idea. I'll check with my son which games as he bought them but I'm pretty sure its the Durham and Glos games, and he is also going to the Lancashire game as well
  • Options
    Great, guys ! 

Lovely idea. I'll check with my son which games as he bought them but I'm pretty sure its the Durham and Glos games, and he is also going to the Lancashire game as well
    Great.

Best practise your bowing if we meet up with @PrincessFiona !
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    Because of the delay to freedom day, MCC have cancelled and will refund all tickets for the away T20 at Lords and resold a reduced amount. Fortunately we got a couple of the new ones
  • Options
    Because of the delay to freedom day, MCC have cancelled and will refund all tickets for the away T20 at Lords and resold a reduced amount. Fortunately we got a couple of the new ones

My son did the same. Comms from Lords not very good though. He only found out by emailing them to ask why he had been refunded
  • Options
    We're fortunate to have our Lords' tickets courtesy of our dear Addick friend who's a member & had booked hospitality for the 3 of us. 
  • Options

My son did the same. Comms from Lords not very good though. He only found out by emailing them to ask why he had been refunded
    That was lucky. I got an email so knew to log in at 12 today.  The game at the Oval is a week earlier but they have sent a couple of emails and the second said it will be a couple of weeks before anything further happens.

I was hoping the talked about new NHS Covid Pass which I have read will be made available on mobiles to help unlock capacity crowds at Wimbledon and Euro 2020 matches where fans will be able to show they have had both doses of the vaccine would apply to the matches

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Still looking good.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately, we've now dropped to 3rd on R/R because of last night's abandoned games but as long as we finish in the top 4, the only thing we might lose is home advantage in the knock out stages.
  • Options
    Great, guys ! 

Great.

Best practise your bowing if we meet up with @PrincessFiona !
    Just confirmed with my son we are indeed at the Durham and Glos games. Be good to meet up for a bevvy at half time. this is where I say I'll PM you nearer the time (but can you tell me how to PM please!)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Click on inbox in the top right corner.
    Click on "New message"
    Type in the recipients name where appropriate.
    Type message and hit send.

When they reply you will see a 1 beside the "inbox".
  • Options
    Click on inbox in the top right corner.
    Click on "New message"
    Type in the recipients name where appropriate.
    Type message and hit send.

When they reply you will see a 1 beside the "inbox".
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Looking forward to meeting you, PA.
  • Options
    No Billings in matchday squad for tomorrow. Strange? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    No Billings in matchday squad for tomorrow. Strange? 
    He is back in the England bubble for the T20s
  • Options
    for anyone travelling to Canterbury today it looks like the A2 coastbound near Canterbury is shut. and for anyone with parking at Simon Langton school its limited parking today as the grass is waterlogged...
  • Options
    for anyone travelling to Canterbury today it looks like the A2 coastbound near Canterbury is shut. and for anyone with parking at Simon Langton school its limited parking today as the grass is waterlogged...
    It is most definitely closed. They have closed off some of the backstreets access points too
  • Options
    Start delayed until 330