Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    Stewart run out

135-7 off 19

• Options
    135/7, 6 balls left.....
  • Options
    147-7 innings closed

We've defended that score before so can do it again
  • Options
    147/7.
    C'mon #SuperKent 
  • Options
    Don’t think I will be posting up the points table after tonight’s game. 
  • Options
    Getting absolutely smashed. Didn't score enough with the bat but Grant Stewart really needs to give up the T20 game
    0-38 off of 2overs from Stewart is dire 
  • Options
    Why do we go from the sublime to the ridiculous in such a short time ?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-leeds-57572844 

Cricketer hits huge six through his own car window

• Options
    I think that's the 1st time I've seen a stumping off a wide ball.
  • Options
    How many games in the group stage? I recall last year we didn't play everyone twice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do we go from the sublime to the ridiculous in such a short time ?

To a degree that is the nature of T20. But when a couple of our top order are really struggling for form anyway that means that the other three or four have to get the runs and if we don't want to end up with an ordinary total. The other thing is that it is the worst form of the game to play yourself into form - a couple of dot balls and the pressure is on and then the inevitable poor shot or bad bit of luck manifests itself.

Nothing to panic about but Denly and Blake need to come to the party soon enough because there are other options waiting in the wings.
  • Options
    Top run scorers in the Blast for us (times out in brackets)

Leaning 232 (5)
    DBD 208 (7)
    Cox 203 (4)
    Crawley 175 (4)
    Denly 88 (7)
    Robinson 58 (3)
    Stevens 58 (4)
    Billings 44( 2)
    Blake 29 (4)

Top wicket takers:

Milnes 11-186
    Klaassen 10-196
    Stewart 8-205
    Stevens 7-183
    Denly 6-95
    Qais Ahmad 5-150
    Leaning 4-45
    Logan 2-18
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Samit Patel opened the bowling for Notts today and set a new T20 Blast record for the least number of runs conceded in a 4 over spell with figures of 4-1-4-3

Worcs managed just 86-8 off their 20 overs and Notts wasted no time in scoring 89-0 off 6.2. The forgotten man of England, Alex Hales, hit 60 off 24 and Joe Clarke made 26 off 14 
  • Options
    For those that haven't seen it, an interesting interview with Rob Key about his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_i6zunIxA
  • Options
    Hmm.

Our next 2 matches are against the 2 teams that have demolished our friends from the Oval this week....

Wonder whether our Joe will get yet another chance to show he hasn't lost the plot with the bat completely. 
  • Options
    The 2nd XI T20 Final is currently taking place between Sussex and Yorkshire.

Now I get the need for out of form players to get a run out but, seriously, how do Mitch Claydon (no problem him appearing as the senior pro), Stuart Meaker (ex England and not in the first team so fine), Delwray Rawlins (fixture in the first XI but might need a knock), Ravi Bopara (almost 200 appearances for England so questionable), Phil Salt (getting a bit silly now given how much demand he is in from franchises around the world) and Travis Head (I give up but yes the Australian Test, ODI and T20 international ) ALL get to be picked for Sussex?

Is winning the 2nd XI comp really that important?    
  • Options
    Yorks made 134-6 off their 20 overs (Meaker 4-31)
    Sussex are currently 76-0 off 7 overs (Salt 27 off 17 & Head 45 off 25)

I wonder whether all these first teamers would have played had the final been played in Yorkshire as opposed to Arundel?
  • Options
    Sussex reached their target with 137-1 off 11.1 overs

Salt 58 (25)
    Head 66* (37)
    Bopara 9* (5)

Well done Sussex. Thoroughly deserved 2nd XI Champions!!!!
  • Options
    Completely embarrassing and a lot of Sussex supporters are being scathing about the selection. No idea what Salt, Head and Bopara are doing playing in a 2nd XI tournament. Rawlins is fair enough - he's rarely reached double figures in any format this season. I can't remember Meaker playing any T20 1st XI games for Sussex either. But, Salt, Head and Bopara is crazy even though I appreciate three rained off games means they need some practice.
  • Options
    Flying start from Zak and DBD in Chelmsford, was 89-0. Now 137/5 off 16, Cox 13(15), Stevo 17(14).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way this game finishes

massive massive storm gone thru Romford and heading for Chelmsford 
  • Options
    167/9, 20 overs.
  • Options
    Pissing down here in Epping 
  • Options
    89-0 first 8 overs
    78-9 final 12 overs

Really not great but, sadly, the same couple of batsman remain out of form. Time Ollie Robinson was given an opportunity again.
  • Options
    Good start then fell away badly. With Denly and Blake continue to fail badly it puts a lot of pressure on the others.
  • Options
    Essex 0/1 (.2).
  • Options
    Essex 6/1 (1).
    RRR (Run Rate Required) 8.53
  • Options
    Essex 12/2 (2).
    RRR 8.69
  • Options
    Essex 15/3 (3). Milne 2-0-9-2
    RRR 9.

• Options