Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    24/4 (4).
    Comparison 51/0
  • Options
    Good game on sky if anyone's interested. 

Ducks for cover 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No way this game finishes

massive massive storm gone thru Romford and heading for Chelmsford 
    There's a lot of it about. I believe 5 overs is the minimum number so need to get through this next one quickly
  • Options
    31/4 (5).
  • Options
    Cover on......
  • Options

Ducks for cover 
    its a very absorbing game and has swung the way of both teams on several occasions. I'm enjoying it!
  • Options
    Match delayed - Essex Eagles need 137 runs to win from 15.0 overs
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No way this game finishes

massive massive storm gone thru Romford and heading for Chelmsford 
    There's a lot of it about. I believe 5 overs is the minimum number so need to get through this next one quickly
    Would be extremely surprised if this game finishes but, even if it doesn't, then at 31-4, under D/L, the run rate required by Essex for the remaining overs will be massive. So, hopefully, whatever happens 2 points for us and thank goodness that the rain didn't come a couple of minutes earlier
  • Options

Ducks for cover 
    its a very absorbing game and has swung the way of both teams on several occasions. I'm enjoying it!
    Easy win for Surrey in the end. 

I'm sure most on here will say well played Surrey in a minute 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SuperKent v Somerset is the Sky20/20 match on Monday. 
    ........frightened to look at weather forecast........
  • Options
    SuperKent v Somerset is the Sky20/20 match on Monday. 
    ........frightened to look at weather forecast........
    It's not looking too bad. At the moment but, there again, the weather in Canterbury is a law unto itself
  • Options
    Keep an eye out for the Fanackapans ! 
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone has posted but the 🐐 Stevo has signed a years contract 
  • Options
    Anyone know roughly what is the average pace that Stevens bowls at ?
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone has posted but the 🐐 Stevo has signed a years contract 
    The kid has promise 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I've seen 70 MPH banded about quite a lot and from watching him myself that's probably not unreasonable.
  • Options
    Two of our rivals played today. 

Sussex v Surrey 

Surrey posted 175-7
    Sussex were 43-1 when called off after 4.5 overs !!!

could they not squeeze one more ball to get a result ?

no idea who was winning at the stage

does a NR help us or hinder us ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. MrOneLung said:

Sussex v Surrey 

Surrey posted 175-7

I have been thinking the same?
    How many group games are there in total - previously we didn't play everyone twice, did we?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I've seen 70 MPH banded about quite a lot and from watching him myself that's probably not unreasonable.
    From Atherton's article in The Times a couple of weeks ago:

County cricket and Test cricket are, essentially, two different games. Played early and late in the season, on often slow, seamer-friendly pitches, county cricket is a game of slower pace — Stevens’s average bowling speed this year is about 69mph — lower bounce and greater lateral movement off the seam, encouraging bowlers like Stevens and challenging batsmen in different ways. Marnus Labuschagne’s struggles in these early months is a good reflection of that.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sussex v Surrey 

Surrey posted 175-7

Unsure but it was the result I was hoping for. 

I'd have been incandescent if play had been stopped with just 1 ball left to give us the victory ! Commentators stating it was needed as 2 balls had struck batters' helmets in previous overs and it was becoming unsafe....

Checked the forecast for tomorrow evening's game & it looks cloudy with no rain due to fall after a showery morning /early afternoon. 

Fingers crossed for another 2 points on the board. 
  • Options
    Needless to say, one more ball and Sussex would have won by 10 runs or more unless Surrey had taken a wicket. In that case, it would have been a tie. But, we can’t have Surrey losing, of course. Weather is starting to ruin this year’s T20.

While I think T20 games are farces when Duckworth Lewis decide the outcome of a game when one side has 20 overs and the other 5 (or 4.5), coming off at 4.5 was nonsense as conditions hadn’t changed at all during those 4.5 overs.
  • Options
    My worry about tonight is a wet outfield as rain forecast during the day but dry this evening. 
    Have to make a decision on train or drive? My last train is 10.15 so will be tight if game overruns a bit. 
  • Options
    Slightly different tack, i have tickets for the 20/20 at the Oval 9th July. Is anyone aware of whether this will now just be Surrey members as it appears with other socially distanced games prior to 19th July? 
    Thanks 

• Options
    Adam Milne in squad for tonight. Not sure who he will replace. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Adam Milne in squad for tonight. Not sure who he will replace. 

I would think Stewart. I doubt it will be Milnes or Stevens and Klaassen has bowled OK and gives us the left armer option.

Despite his lack of runs I would keep Denly in the team - his bowling this season has been a bonus with figures of 7-101 off 15.4 overs so he is chipping in with a wicket a game but, more importantly, is going at just over a run a ball and a lot of his overs have been in the power play.

I would, however, like to see Robinson come in for Blake who is sadly out of touch. What we lose with Blake's fielding we gain with Cox replacing him in the outfield and Robinson taking over with the gloves.
  • Options
    Slightly different tack, i have tickets for the 20/20 at the Oval 9th July. Is anyone aware of whether this will now just be Surrey members as it appears with other socially distanced games prior to 19th July? 
    Thanks 

We are wondering the same. We had tickets for the Middx game at Lords on the 16th which have been sorted (basically they refunded the originals and you had to re-purchase and luckily we got tickets) but the game at the Oval is before
  • Options
    Thanks 

We are wondering the same. We had tickets for the Middx game at Lords on the 16th which have been sorted (basically they refunded the originals and you had to re-purchase and luckily we got tickets) but the game at the Oval is before
    The same for my son. He hasn't heard anything yet about the Oval match