Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Only compare us to Wigan

The only way to judge our season is to compare us with Wigan .. both of us were in the same situation in September/October concerning embargo, working solely under wage cap and hoping for a takeover .. luckily we got our hero in TS but look at Wigan and where they are. Another 0-5 home defeat that’s 3 this season and still no new owner ......  this could have have so easily been us .

So we are not doing that bad after all ... if you add injuries, wonder goals scored against us plus the times we hit bar and post we have come along way and a fine line from going on a very good run .
Think anything we archive will be a bonus this season our work really starts in the summer when LB and SG will have time to build a squad and have a proper pre season .

You don’t undo 4/5 years of cost cutting and poor ownership in 5 months 

Comments

• Options
    Dunno if we can go as far as to compare us with Wigan as we have been able to strengthen in the Transfer Market - Equally though I dont think we can compare ourselves with Hull who kept the majority of their squad together, the fact we're still only nine points behind them (with a game in hand ourselves now) is why I look at it with a bit of perspective
  • Options
    I don't think given the ownership situations you can compare us.
  • Options
    We've signed a squad load of players since October and have been poor apart from a 6 game spell. 

Are they all bad players or is the manager not getting enough from them? 
  • Options
    Dunno if we can go as far as to compare us with Wigan as we have been able to strengthen in the Transfer Market - Equally though I dont think we can compare ourselves with Hull who kept the majority of their squad together, the fact we're still only nine points behind them (with a game in hand ourselves now) is why I look at it with a bit of perspective
    Remember Hull sold their best 2 players last January and released about 6, including our mate Marcus and their club captain before the restart. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In summary........it appears that we are somewhere in between massively over achieving and massively under achieving.

I'm not in the Bowyer out camp and I think he probably should be given the chance at a proper transfer window (without wage cap) and a proper pre-season to see what can be achieved.
    Notwithstanding this - I think we should be doing better that we are given resources available.I also think that LB would galvanise the fanbase a little more if he would say similar on a consistent basis. I do not see how he can constantly state in post match interviews that we should be doing better.....and then say that we are over achieving?!?

• Options
    Let's have a new 'Ravel Morrison' thread?
  • Options
    The only way to judge our season is to compare us with Wigan .. both of us were in the same situation in September/October concerning embargo, working solely under wage cap and hoping for a takeover .. luckily we got our hero in TS but look at Wigan and where they are. Another 0-5 home defeat that’s 3 this season and still no new owner ......  this could have have so easily been us .

So we are not doing that bad after all ... if you add injuries, wonder goals scored against us plus the times we hit bar and post we have come along way and a fine line from going on a very good run .
    Think anything we archive will be a bonus this season our work really starts in the summer when LB and SG will have time to build a squad and have a proper pre season .

Ok thanks Lee
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Remember Hull sold their best 2 players last January and released about 6, including our mate Marcus and their club captain before the restart. 
    Thats what relegated them in the first place, werent they competing for a Play-Off spot when they sold Bowen and Grosiki?

(Just to highlight how badly the dropped)
  • Options
    In summary........it appears that we are somewhere in between massively over achieving and massively under achieving.

I'm not in the Bowyer out camp and I think he probably should be given the chance at a proper transfer window (without wage cap) and a proper pre-season to see what can be achieved.
    What if a new cap is agreed in time for summer?
  • Options
    I’m more than happy to compare us to Wigan as a what might have been, that could so easily have been us. 

But it wasn’t. We got lucky with TS but you can’t dine out on that forever. Not a fair comparison, finishing a place above them this season doesn’t make it successful nor acceptable. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Then we need to react accordingly.
    Given that the previous version was thrown out, my assumption would be that any version 2.0 would need to be much less of a blunt tool and more suitable to sustainability against each club's circumstances (be that % of turnover or something else).

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

no chance, they're going to have to do proper consultations this time. Knowing how fast the EFL work, I'm not sure I'll still be alive to see it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Exactly how I see it
  • Options
    Can I not compare thee to a summers day?
  • Options
    Wigan are still in administration, we never were and have had 1 and a half transfer windows with a owner willing to bring in the likes of shinnie and maddison, players who have been proven to be top players at this division, whilst we still have the likes of aneke and JFC.  Wigan lost all of there decent players. 
  • Options
    I quite like the idea of Lee Bowyer going full theatre ham with a rendition of the St Crispin's day "We happy few..." Speech to the players, in a proper London boy cadence. Stirring stuff I have no doubt.