Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Only compare us to Wigan

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Lincoln who are currently top had 14 players come in during the summer window.

What's there managers secret? 

They could do it before the wage cap come in ..... we had to do all our deals during the wage cap also div one teams had months to prepare we had a few weeks 

10 of those signings from Lincoln (after 11th August and the wage cap) came after we made our first purchases. Hardly months to prepare, hardly facing widly different circumstances to ourselves.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

They could do it before the wage cap come in ..... we had to do all our deals during the wage cap also div one teams had months to prepare we had a few weeks 

Genuinely intrested, do you honestly believe Lincoln are paying all the players they brought in above the wage cap average?

The manager of Lincoln, Accrington and probably a host of others would love to be able to pay what we are paying Watson and Gunter, for example.

• Options
    If you are comparing us to another club that club should be Ipswich Town.

The majority of the Ipswich fan base seem to believe that Paul Lambert is not the best manager to get them out of League 1.
    indeed, some of their fans tried to set fire to the training ground last week in protest.

Despite the owner Marcus Evans backing Paul Lambert,
    Lambert’s tactics & team selection are woeful. The same mistakes are made week after week, and Lambert never corrects his mistakes.

I am told this by a good friend who is an Ipswich Towns season ticket holder.

Does this sound familiar?

• Options

Time machine
  • Options

10 of those signings from Lincoln (after 11th August and the wage cap) came after we made our first purchases. Hardly months to prepare, hardly facing widly different circumstances to ourselves.
    Doncaster only signed 20 players since the end of last season almost all after the 11th of August.  Good job they have been building for 3 years else it might have been 21.
  • Options
    Football is different now to what it was 10-20-30 years ago 
    Managers, players and squads are chopped and changed  a lot more regularly now
    as if we are the only team that gets injuries , bad refs , tough circumstances and the worlds against us 

• Options
    This crawling up Bowyers arse is getting utterly ridiculous in some quarters now.

Seriously it’s probably like an episode of Crimewatch up his arris with the numbers of missing people up there.
  • Options
    This crawling up Bowyers arse is getting utterly ridiculous in some quarters now.

Seriously it’s probably like an episode of Crimewatch up his arris with the numbers of missing people up there.
    Both approaches are pretty ridiculous to be honest - Like you say at times there is too much crawling up his arse, on the reverse a lot will go quiet about getting rid the moment we win again yet come back the moment we lose
  • Options
    Some would walk in and find Bowyer hanging out the back of their Mrs and start apologising to them both and say they hadn’t seen anything and would be back in an hour .
  • Options
    Get promotion and I’d be in that camp!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Doncaster only signed 20 players since the end of last season almost all after the 11th of August.  Good job they have been building for 3 years else it might have been 21.
    I will also add, we had more players (5) in our 18 on Saturday that were in the squad for the play off semi final 2nd leg than they did (1).
  • Options

Both approaches are pretty ridiculous to be honest - Like you say at times there is too much crawling up his arse, on the reverse a lot will go quiet about getting rid the moment we win again yet come back the moment we lose
    Believe it or not I am actually in the "no point sacking him now" camp, if we have to have lables.

What I won't stop doing is highlighting that some of the things he says and some of the "excuses" others serve up are total bollocks or at least far fetched.

And no I won't be happy if we don't win today, or next week, in the cause of "point scoring". 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Believe it or not I am actually in the "no point sacking him now" camp, if we have to have lables.

What I won't stop doing is highlighting that some of the things he says and some of the "excuses" others serve up are total bollocks or at least far fetched.

And no I won't be happy if we don't win today, or next week, in the cause of "point scoring". 
    I'm the same, and have even stated so on different threads. What does is it for me is the behaviour of some of the Bowyer In crowd. It's in at all costs, with no justification other that he deserves time.

Charlton beat the mighty Rochdale, and some grown men's first thought is to open the 'Has Bowyer lost it?' thread to comment "told you so" and "where are all the Bowyer out comments now?" Rather than celebrate their team winning, like the rest of us were, their first thought was to go on the attack for their messiah.

Actions like that, paired with the unbelievable amount of reaching that goes on to justify some of the bizarre shit Bowyer says/does, is why I genuinely believe that some fans currently care more about Bowyer than Charlton.