Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time To Start The Yoof?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Throwing Henry and Barker in now would probably do them more harm that it would do us good.

Through no ones, currently at the club, fault we have a massive void in 19-21 year olds ready to step up. Gallen said its what he is working on now. 
    If we had started Morgan and lapslie in the middle and Barker at CB every game this season would we be worse off points wise than we currently are? I would be shocked if we were!
    That's true but to throw Barker in, who isn't even 1st choice at U23 level is probably not the best idea. Even I agree with Lee on that one. 
    If Barker isn't 1st choice at U23 level, who is keeping him out of the team & why wasn't he drafted into the 1st team instead of having a right back & a midfielder filling the CB positions. Barker looked pretty decent early in the season so the guys keeping him out must be at a good level ?
    Barker got drafted into the first team ahead of an U23 etc. because he was a scholar when he made his debut - Meant he didnt take up a space in the first team whilst we were under the embargo.

Was basically a repeat of Marcus Rashford - Got lucky with the circumstances of the opportunity that was given to him and didnt waste it
    Yes thanks I see cafc43v3r posted the same in response to a different post. I forgot all that with the age thing but even so I don't understand why Bowyer didn't promote someone from the under 23s as we still had a bit of Cap leeway to play with

It was nothing to do with the Salary Cap

The transfer embargo we were still under meant we could only have a squad of so many players, that was compounded by the fact that we'd previously given 10min debuts in the League Cup and EFL Trophy to U23s so they were instantly regarded as a first team player. 

Didnt work regardless in hindsight but had Mingi played instead of Barker, we wouldnt have been able to have signed Dylan Levitt when we were able to as it meant the squad was at capacity
    No that's not true, after the embargo was lifted.  We were limited to a squad of 25 over 18 year olds.  

Lapslie was, officially, an u23.  Unless he was in our 25 man squad he didn't count towards the wage cap, but couldn't play.  That extends to Mingi, Ness and others.

It's why we are still able to have over 21, but under 23, u23s that don't count to the wage cap, but can't play for the first team.

That's what happens when the EFL set one lot of rules and the premier league the other. 
    Transfer Embargo wasnt lifted until the 25th Sept

Levitt signed on 8th Sept when we were having to follow a one in, one out process as per the embargo (and the cafc article when he signed) - Had Mingi played against Swindon on 5th Sept, we wouldnt have been allowed to sign Levitt

Which is what I said above :)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Throwing Henry and Barker in now would probably do them more harm that it would do us good.

Through no ones, currently at the club, fault we have a massive void in 19-21 year olds ready to step up. Gallen said its what he is working on now. 
    If we had started Morgan and lapslie in the middle and Barker at CB every game this season would we be worse off points wise than we currently are? I would be shocked if we were!
    That's true but to throw Barker in, who isn't even 1st choice at U23 level is probably not the best idea. Even I agree with Lee on that one. 
    If Barker isn't 1st choice at U23 level, who is keeping him out of the team & why wasn't he drafted into the 1st team instead of having a right back & a midfielder filling the CB positions. Barker looked pretty decent early in the season so the guys keeping him out must be at a good level ?
    Barker got drafted into the first team ahead of an U23 etc. because he was a scholar when he made his debut - Meant he didnt take up a space in the first team whilst we were under the embargo.

Was basically a repeat of Marcus Rashford - Got lucky with the circumstances of the opportunity that was given to him and didnt waste it
    Yes thanks I see cafc43v3r posted the same in response to a different post. I forgot all that with the age thing but even so I don't understand why Bowyer didn't promote someone from the under 23s as we still had a bit of Cap leeway to play with

The transfer embargo we were still under meant we could only have a squad of so many players, that was compounded by the fact that we'd previously given 10min debuts in the League Cup and EFL Trophy to U23s so they were instantly regarded as a first team player. 

Didnt work regardless in hindsight but had Mingi played instead of Barker, we wouldnt have been able to have signed Dylan Levitt when we were able to as it meant the squad was at capacity
    No that's not true, after the embargo was lifted.  We were limited to a squad of 25 over 18 year olds.  

Lapslie was, officially, an u23.  Unless he was in our 25 man squad he didn't count towards the wage cap, but couldn't play.  That extends to Mingi, Ness and others.

It's why we are still able to have over 21, but under 23, u23s that don't count to the wage cap, but can't play for the first team.

That's what happens when the EFL set one lot of rules and the premier league the other. 

Levitt signed on 8th Sept when we were having to follow a one in, one out process as per the embargo (and the cafc article when he signed) - Had Mingi played against Swindon on 5th Sept, we wouldnt have been allowed to sign Levitt

Yes but even after the embargo, which we all agree was why Barker played, was lifted we couldn't play Mingi or any of the other u23s even if we wanted to. 

That is why Barker and Henry were added to a match day squad as opposed to any of the others. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes, the whole transfer embargo situation was a bit of a farce really

It does seem odd though that Barker isn't getting more gametime for the U23s when you look at how poor defensively they've been