Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    Rewatched the match.
    Our offensive line was awesome. The transformation for last years o-line is incredible.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Isnt this overtime method the one that statistically produces the closest 50/50 outcome ? 
    From the limited sample size, yes, it's fairer than college football OT rules for example.

It's hard to know how fair any proposed system would be until it's actually implemented...
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Since the OT rules changed, there have been 11 games that have been tied at the end of 60 minutes.

Seven of those eleven games have been won by a touchdown on the first OT possession.

There is an argument brewing that although this rule only favours the first team to possess the ball marginally in the regular season (54-55% win rate), it is a much bigger advantage in the play-offs where the offenses involved are naturally much more talented.

But again, there's a huge issue with sample sizes. Eleven games is not significant and trying to figure out whether the first possession stat is just going through an early hot streak in the play-offs is really difficult. It could settle back down to 50% ish over time. Who knows.
  • Options
    Since the OT rules changed, there have been 11 games that have been tied at the end of 60 minutes.

Seven of those eleven games have been won by a touchdown on the first OT possession.

There is an argument brewing that although this rule only favours the first team to possess the ball marginally in the regular season (54-55% win rate), it is a much bigger advantage in the play-offs where the offenses involved are naturally much more talented.

But again, there's a huge issue with sample sizes. Eleven games is not significant and trying to figure out whether the first possession stat is just going through an early hot streak in the play-offs and it will settle back down to 50% ish over time. Who knows.
    Good point, I hadn't considered about the offense being much better in the playoffs. Without looking at any stats it inherently just seems unfair, a bit like a penalty shootout but it's over if the first penalty is scored. I know that example is a bit simplistic but there really should be a right to reply. 
  • Options
    Just watched the game back from last night. Wow, what a game and what performances from Mahomes & Allen. Can't help but feeling that may have been the real Superbowl as it's difficult to see anyone beating the Chiefs from here. Perhaps the Rams if they make it through with the home advantage, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    On the Overtime issue I wonder if the NFL will bring in a system similar to College Football where both teams get at least 1 possession even if the first team gets a TD. Seems harsh on the Bills to go out like that with no chance to reply.
  • Options
    49ers v KC Super Bowl ?
  • Options
    Fear the reaper. Art by @GrantGruenhaupt

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm all in on Joe Burreaux taking out the Chiefs.
  • Options
    Everyone writes us off, some of the coverage on game pass is ridiculous so steeped towards the Chiefs. We’ve beat them once already this season and I’m backing us to do it again. For all of you out there who haven’t seen much of Burrow please do pay attention Sunday night.

I’ve watched the game since it first came to Uk tv and I am really struggling to think of a better QB after 2 (1.5 if you count the injury) seasons.

So glad we drafted John Ross rather than Mahomes!!! 

I wouldn’t swap Joe for any QB in the league!!

WHO DEY
  • Options
    Everyone writes us off, some of the coverage on game pass is ridiculous so steeped towards the Chiefs. We’ve beat them once already this season and I’m backing us to do it again. For all of you out there who haven’t seen much of Burrow please do pay attention Sunday night.

I’ve watched the game since it first came to Uk tv and I am really struggling to think of a better QB after 2 (1.5 if you count the injury) seasons.

WHO DEY
    I will bite and say Herbert after two seasons has statistically been the best QB over their first two seasons ever. Not discounting Burrow who in terms of leadership is slightly ahead of Herbert and if Burrow didn’t suffer that injury it may be a different story, but I do have an obvious bias. I really hope the Bengals stuff them, on a coin flip walk-off touchdown would be nice. 

Still haven’t changed my opinion that Mahomes is a good QB who has been blessed by having Hill and Kelce plus the speed of Hardman and a genius coach. 
  • Options

WHO DEY
    I like Burrow but would say both him and Herbert are behind Mahomes 

• Options
    The GOAT.
  • Options
    Wow, thought he would go on for a few more years. 
  • Options
    What a strange league it will be next year.
  • Options
    I'm amazed if true, he's always said as long as he feels healthy and teams want him, he'll play on. Maybe there's an injury in there somewhere that they haven't let on about yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was always team Peyton but Brady the goat will be missed. 

It has been said he has had 3 separate hall of fame careers if you break his career down to different segments. 
  • Options
    Or has he?
  • Options
    Thank Christ.
  • Options
    Hope we get 2 great games tonight although it's not going to upstage what happened last weekend. Chiefs and Rams for me although the NFC game in particular is tough to call especially as the 49ers have won the last 6 games, but I think the Rams might finally get past them tonight. Looking forward to both games.
  • Options
    Fancy chiefs and 49ers to win tonight. 

Anyone but San Fran to win it please 

• Options
    Chiefs are 21-0 when Hill scores a TD
  • Options
    Burrow so far showing that he’s not going to let the Arrowhead noise get to him.
  • Options
    That pass from Mahones, one GOAT goes, the next arrives
  • Options
    Two fouls in the end zone at the end of that drive IMO. Bengals have to settle for three.