Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    The draft is two weeks away so here's a quick first round mock:

1. JAX - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
    2. NYJ - Zach Wilson, QB, Brigham Young
    3. SF - Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
    4. ATL - Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
    5. CIN - Ja'Marr Chase, WR, Louisiana State
    6. MIA - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama
    7. DET - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
    8. CAR - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida 
    9. DEN - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
    10. DAL - Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
    11. NYG - Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
    12. PHI - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
    13. LAC - Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
    14. MIN - Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
    15. NE - Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
    16. ARI - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
    17. LV - Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
    18. MIA - Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
    19. WFT - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
    20. CHI - Zaven Collins, EDGE, Tulsa
    21. IND - Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
    22. TEN - Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
    23. NYJ - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
    24. PIT - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    25. JAX - Trevon Moehrig, S, Texas Christian
    26. CLE - Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
    27. BAL - Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
    28. NO - Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
    29. GB - Creed Humphrey, iOL, Oklahoma
    30. BUF - Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State
    31. KC - Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
    32. TB - Christian Barmore, iDL, Alabama
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think if both Surtain and Slater are still on the board at 10, the Cowboys could go either way in a real 50/50. Reminiscent of the choice between Zeke Elliott and Jaylen Ramsey a few years back. Defense or offense? 

The defensive side of the ball obviously needs help and Surtain is obvious but the whole franchise is built on the strength of the OL and that’s faltered somewhat in recent years with numerous tackles unable to stay healthy.
  • Options
    I still don’t see Mac Jones as 3rd pick 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I still don’t see Mac Jones as 3rd pick 
    I think it's a terrible move, but I also think it's the likeliest given Shanahan's style.
  • Options
    I hate the mock draft season, some clown has got us taking a RB in rnd 2. Utterly pointless imo
  • Options
    Alex Smith is retiring. The greatest comeback of all time. Be warned, the video below is a bit of a tearjerker.

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    The draft is two weeks away so here's a quick first round mock:

1. JAX - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
    2. NYJ - Zach Wilson, QB, Brigham Young
    3. SF - Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
    4. ATL - Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
    6. MIA - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama
    7. DET - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
    8. CAR - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida 
    10. DAL - Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
    11. NYG - Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
    14. MIN - Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
    15. NE - Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
    18. MIA - Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
    20. CHI - Zaven Collins, EDGE, Tulsa
    21. IND - Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
    22. TEN - Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
    23. NYJ - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
    24. PIT - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    27. BAL - Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
    28. NO - Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
    29. GB - Creed Humphrey, iOL, Oklahoma
    31. KC - Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
    32. TB - Christian Barmore, iDL, Alabama
    If Pitts is there at 6 I see Miami taking him. I feel like Micah Parsons could slide down, all sorts of red flags about his character 
  • Options
    1. JAX - Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
    2. NYJ - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
    3. SF - Justin Fields, QB, OSU
    4. ATL - Trey Lance, QB, NDSU
    6. MIA - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
    7. DET - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama
    8. CAR - Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern 
    10. DAL - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
    11. NYG - Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama
    14. MIN - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC
    15. NE - Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
    18. MIA - Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota 
    20. CHI - Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
    21. IND - Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma SU
    22. TEN - Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan
    23. NYJ - Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern
    24. PIT - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    27. BAL - Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
    28. NO - Asante Samuel Jr, CB, FSU
    29. GB - Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
    31. KC - Jaelen Phillips, Edge, Miami
    32. TB - Davis Mills, QB, Stanford
  • Options
    Using Paddy’s as a base had a go at a 1st round mock myself. I think it goes very differently on draft night with trades but that’s how I can see it as it is. 
    I think the steam has run out on Mac Jones being the pick at 3 with Fields now the more likely pick though I can’t see Jones falling as far as he did in this mock, I think New England would be getting antsy as he fell towards Detroit and Denver. The Vikings pick is my own personal preference, I’d be disappointed to see us ignore O-Line in the 1st having completely ignore it in free agency! The Davis Mills pick at the end is a bit of fun really, though I do think it’s possible and sitting behind Brady for a few years at the end of his career isn’t the worst way to enter the NFL! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the Chiefs have signed/traded for 4 lineman I wanted for the Vikings, brilliant. 
  • Options
    Win win trade there. Ravens weren’t resigning him next year and KC get a revamped OLine for another super bowl run this year. 

They might be able to restructure some deals to resign him long term, especially when the cap goes up with more games and a new TV deal. Seems like they are right up against the cap with all their vets though. 

What does everyone think the ravens will do with their new pick? I’ve seen talk of them sending both picks to someone in the 10-15 range and grabbing Smith at WR, or they could grab one of the other WRs that is likely to drop to the end of the 1st, maybe Bateman drops that far?
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:
    Win win trade there. Ravens weren’t resigning him next year and KC get a revamped OLine for another super bowl run this year. 

They might be able to restructure some deals to resign him long term, especially when the cap goes up with more games and a new TV deal. Seems like they are right up against the cap with all their vets though. 

What does everyone think the ravens will do with their new pick? I’ve seen talk of them sending both picks to someone in the 10-15 range and grabbing Smith at WR, or they could grab one of the other WRs that is likely to drop to the end of the 1st, maybe Bateman drops that far?
    I don’t think Bateman drops that far, that’s Rondale/Elijah Moore and Terrace Marshall territory. 
  • Options
    Sam Darnold is being given every chance, you'd think, unless Carolina moves and shakes/grabs Lance, or something? I still think it'll be Lawrence/Wilson/Jones/Fields top four picks.
  • Options
    I'm very interested to see which way my Pats go tonight, one of 3 things will happen, we will trade up for the first time in ages to get the man BB wants, we'll hold firm with Newton and draft a mid round QB to be a project, or we'll trade and pick up Jimmy G for a couple of mid round picks
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Lots of different ways this can go tonight.

The fourth pick will determine everything tonight. Do the Falcons go Pitts and the draft takes one direction or do they go with their favourite QB in which case you could see a run of five going top seven/eight and then the whole draft looks completely different. 

Another option on the table is of course a trade but I would imagine if anyone is going up to four it’d be for Justin Fields. Kyle Pitts is a freak and worthy of the pick but not a trade up to go get him.
  • Options
    Chase at 5 please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of different ways this can go tonight.

The fourth pick will determine everything tonight. Do the Falcons go Pitts and the draft takes one direction or do they go with their favourite QB in which case you could see a run of five going top seven/eight and then the whole draft looks completely different. 

Another option on the table is of course a trade but I would imagine if anyone is going up to four it’d be for Justin Fields. Kyle Pitts is a freak and worthy of the pick but not a trade up to go get him.
    I think 3rd pick is key 

if 49ers go Mac Jones then I think there will be    Couple  of teams trading up for Fields and Lance. If they don’t go Jones and only one of them remains could drive the trade price even higher. Don’t see any of the teams falling over themselves to trade up for Jones. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Embarrassing if true.

Trading for 3rd, realising you messed up then making an insulting offer for an Elite QB.

Bears level of incompetency that.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    GOOD MORNING FRIENDS

IT IS TREVOR LAWRENCE DAY AND LET ME TELL YOU WE ARE COOKIN' WITH GAS

AS PER TRADITION THIS IS OBNOXIOUS JAGUARS FAN ALL CAPS TO HIDE THE USUAL PAIN AND ALSO GLOAT
    I'd love to see your face when the Jags spring a surprise and pick Mac Jones.
  • Options
    Adam Schefter: Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.
  • Options
    Adam Schefter: Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.
    Please, please, please be true. 
  • Options
    Tim Tebow has been trying out as a tight end with Jags !!!!!