Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    25. JAX - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

Hooooooly vibes I did not expect this! TLaw and Travis together. For me, the best RB in the class, and with James Robinson we have a huge running back room. The bloke is basically complete and I'm very happy with this even if we need a bit of help elsewhere. Woo.

And that's me done for the night!
    Was wondering what you’d think on that, from the outside looking in it seems a weird pick with Robinson and Hyde on the roster. 
  • Options
    Packers go corner after a public strop from A Rod, he’s gone. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    17. LV - Alex Leatherwood, OL, Alabama

Another surprise and I think he's better than most draft "experts" or indeed amateurs think: there are lots lower on him than me. I think he has good angles of attack and decent enough fundamentally with his feet to go well from day one. Room to improve - but the same goes for all offensive linemen!
    I saw him projected to us in one of the very early mock drafts but then nothing. 

Not over enamoured but I suppose we have to protect Aaron Rogers as best we can 😉 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    25. JAX - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

Hooooooly vibes I did not expect this! TLaw and Travis together. For me, the best RB in the class, and with James Robinson we have a huge running back room. The bloke is basically complete and I'm very happy with this even if we need a bit of help elsewhere. Woo.

And that's me done for the night!
    I don’t know Pads. 
    Will this dilute rather than strengthen the RB room 

A great pick for a team that didn’t already have James Robinson bit I think you don’t get the best out of either in a committee situation. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    24. PIT - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

Surprised it wasn't Travis Etienne! The bloke is a class RB but maybe isn't quite a change-of-pace back. Not that that matters if he can bulldoze his way through and get extra yards as he did in college. A great running back but the question remains as to whether a first-round pick on a RB is wise given how the league is shifting in outlook. But, he'll be a good fantasy pick!
    Shhh 🤫 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Lance!!!!! Oh my days. That was some awesome smokescreening. Like that pick a lot to be fair.
    With the first two picks being seemingly set in stone, I don’t see the need for the smokescreen when picking 3. 

I think they really were in for Jones and then got serious cold feet about him. 

Does sit out Lance have enough experience to justify a 3 pick having basically only played one season ? 
  • Options
    Is it me or is there a definite shift to drafting talent positions this year. An anomaly due to a great QB/WR class this year or are the guys in the trenches now considered better value later on in the draft. Better to swing and miss on a QB/WR than miss out on ‘the one’ than go safe with the big guys?
  • Options
    Etienne isn’t the worst pick. Watched a lot of James Robinson last year (because of fantasy) and he was getting battered every game. 

20 carries behind a weak O-line is not great for the body. If they can get them working in tandem it’ll be a strong backfield.

Excited about Fields too, but you never know with Bears and QBs. Admittedly he was very good when I watched him vs Clemson last year.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Mac Jones for the Pats, have we got our next TB12?
    So no pressure then.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Lance!!!!! Oh my days. That was some awesome smokescreening. Like that pick a lot to be fair.
    With the first two picks being seemingly set in stone, I don’t see the need for the smokescreen when picking 3. 

I think they really were in for Jones and then got serious cold feet about him. 

Does sit out Lance have enough experience to justify a 3 pick having basically only played one season ? 
    Well, if it's a choice between two QBs (theoretically) then it'd affect how the rest of the board falls. I assume the 49ers were playing a game to directly affect their divisional rivals, but I don't know. There must be reasoning behind it.

I think Lance has all the tools to be great - though it's a huge risk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell you what if the Broncos do get Rodgers, then fine, if not this has been a massive waste of a draft pick when Justin Fields was there for the taking. 
  • Options
    I want JOK, we’ve got the ammo, move up and get him. 
  • Options
    Thanks for covering the picks last night Paddy! Looking forward to tonight, Cowboys did very well to pick up Parsons while grabbing a third from the Eagles in the process.

Four picks tonight for Dallas. Hoping we can begin addressing that secondary. Lots of good day two talent to get stuck into.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Tell you what if the Broncos do get Rodgers, then fine, if not this has been a massive waste of a draft pick when Justin Fields was there for the taking. 
    Yes I was surprised Broncos passed on Fields there and took Dallas' no.1 target instead. Glad we were able to pivot away from pick 10, pick up the third round pick and still get our plan B target in Parsons.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Yes I was surprised Broncos passed on Fields there and took Dallas' no.1 target instead. Glad we were able to pivot away from pick 10, pick up the third round pick and still get our plan B target in Parsons.
    Better we did get Parsons and Jerry leaves the Offense alone!
  • Options
    Great coverage last night Paddy. Better break down of each pick than some of the so called experts!
  • Options
    Go away Jags. I wanted Tyson Campbell to fall to 44.
  • Options
    Now rumours flying that Dallas were moving up to 34-36 to pick Campbell but didn't plan on the Jags taking him.
  • Options
    And now the Raiders jump one spot ahead to take the best safety left FFS picks not falling for the Cowboys this year! 
  • Options
    Cowboys pivot to CB Kelvin Joseph
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whew, that gives Kirk something to think about , it’ll be nice to have a decent backup QB and potentially a QB of the future in a decent spot to develop for a season or 2! 
  • Options
    This Cowboys draft has got weirder and weirder with each pick.
  • Options
    Quite pleased with the Packers’ 2nd & 3rd round picks.
  • Options
    Browns have crushed the draft this year I think. Was not expecting JOK to be available so late on
  • Options
    Andrew Berry is the man, brilliant draft for the Browns and very excited about JOK.
  • Options
    Some pretty strange picks from the Vikings today, I think fans were hoping for a WR3 contender and we’ve seen plenty of potential options come off the board so far. 
  • Options
    Trey Smith is a massive name to watch, just gone to the Chiefs in the 6th but would have gone MUCH earlier if it wasn’t for serious medical issues. He has suffered from blood clots in his lungs which has made him fall massively. Could be a very good guard if it works out. 
  • Options
    After picking up a QB in the first round, BB went back to his old pragmatic ways with the rest of his picks for the Pats, focusing on the line and grabbing a customary Michigan Wolverine
  • Options
    Well I’m happy with our haul, lines both addressed and Chase to boot.       
    6-11 beckons Who Dey!
  • Options
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31431654/new-york-jets-atlanta-falcons-miami-dolphins-jacksonville-jaguars-set-2021-london-games

As part of the NFL schedule release, the league announced its return to London on Wednesday, with the Atlanta Falcons set to host Wilson's New York Jets on Oct. 10 and Lawrence's Jacksonville Jaguars to host the Miami Dolphins on Oct. 17. Both games will be played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.