Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I don't understand why Smith was dropped Tuesday night, he was starting to look good - he's a grafter who has a bit of energy. Something we desperately lack at the moment. Morgan disappeared, he shouldn't be starting. The Pratley and Watson combination has never worked.
  • Options
    Had to stop watching Bower talk and turn it off. The bloke is clueless.
    Its so demoralising 
  • Options
    Bowyer saying we looked slow. 
    No shit Sherlock. 
    Change the fucking starting 11 then.
    Wow!!... Cmon seriously?

He gets slaughtered if he makes three / four changes
    Not if he's right and we win the game. 

He's such an average manager. Has an excuse for everything. 

Says he didn't want to change the team but then mentions they're tired and that's why they were rubbish second half. Doesn't a good manager know that before the game? 
    If only he had the hindsight that some of our fans have then...
  • Options
    Had to stop watching Bower talk and turn it off. The bloke is clueless.
    Its so demoralising 
    He is a really inspirational speaker - brings the game alive.
  • Options
    Bowyer didn't sound too bothered post match, like he's given up for this season. 
    Good.
    I've given up on him
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    First half ok. We started the second half poorly. I would like to see Shinnie and JFC on Tuesday. Also maybe drop Millar and play Aneke, Stockley and Washington.

Ultimately we have to accept the point as we didn't deserve any more and probably deserved less. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    @Admin can you open up the Bowyer thread. Ta. 
    Don’t think there is anything to be said that hasn’t already been said on there. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Dare I say, that chance that Chuks missed is exactly the kind of chance that Ronnie Schwartz would thrive on. i'd back him to bang that in.
    Could argue that Schwartz was the right Striker to bring on

Stockley wasnt having success in the air against them, Aneke didnt have any success against them in the reverse fixture (and didnt today) - Washington on the other hand was terrorising them when he got the ball to feet
    Arguably, yes. But for argument's sake, you could also argue that Schwartz is arguably not even good enough for the English league 1. I'd argue that that assumption is correct, arguably. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate signalling one player out but the decision to continue with Pratley is baffling. Especially, when we are expected to have 70% possessions and trying to dominate the game. Smith has impressed me in the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    It's almost as if the players have been told that Bowyer will be off if he don't make the playoffs and are reacting accordingly.
    So why bother getting two wins from the last three?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    @Admin can you open up the Bowyer thread. Ta. 
    Don’t think there is anything to be said that hasn’t already been said on there. 
    Having watched that complete rubbish this afternoon, I could maybe think of one or two things.
  • Options
    The “Run” if this is it, two wins two draws unbeaten in 4. However, in these 4 games the actual level of improvement in the performance, is barely discernible. It pretty much amounts to the fact that the opposition have not had their one off worldly goal in the last 4 games. 

I will watch Quest tonight like I do every week, and every week I see league one goals being scored from open play where forwards have acres of space, where wingers cut in from wide positions where social distancing appears to be in place, to slip the ball to unmarked forwards to slot home. Corners to players standing alone to easily head home. I have not seen that in our attacking half of the pitch once this season. WHY..... JUST WHY... ?

If this season were a horse race, we would be pulled up by the jockey. With the comment “ never really got going and didn’t want to compete”
  • Options
    Bowyer didn't sound too bothered post match, like he's given up for this season. 
    If he came out and had a moan at a poor performance, people would say he’s lost the dressing room.

If he came out and praised the bits we did right, people would call him mad and blinkered.

Now he’s come out level headed about where we’re at, he’s apparently given up on the season.
    Sums up this place
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It's almost as if the players have been told that Bowyer will be off if he don't make the playoffs and are reacting accordingly.
     To not make it look too obvious(joke).
    Do they look like a side playing for their manager to you? How often do you see them run up and acknowledge him when we score or after a rare win?
  • Options
    To not make it look too obvious. Do they look like a side saying for their manager to you? How often do you see them run up and acknowledge him when we score or after a rare win?
    How often do you see any players celebrating with their Manager after a goal?

To me it looks like a side that has been brought in as a stop gap solution, one that was put together in a rush to try and get something from the season - The players no doubt know that isnt going to happen, and probably expect to be rightly replaced come the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I told u about the Blackpool team talk - every game has followed this - oppo league scud have the ball, we create f all then they go for it start of second half and nick a goal or 2 - we are a poor team made worse by a poor manager - Gunter is abysmal and why we have to wait 60 minutes for chucks and shinnie is anybody’s guess - doesn’t matter really, we are nowhere near a promotion team 
  • Options
    I'm going to watch England batter the French in the rugby now. 
    What could possibly go wrong 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I’m fed up, tired and frustrated watching this team doing nothing for an hour and half. Two shots on target for 96 minutes and it’s the same old every week now. For the first time this season I’m going to check the team sheet on Tuesday before committing to the live stream. 
  • Options
    That Barnsley manager is something special 
  • Options
    Not great but if only Chucks had banged that one in and the points should have been ours. 
  • Options
    Just shows how far we have fallen when I’m happy that we have a home point against Shrewsbury. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    That Barnsley manager is something special 
    For now he is...