Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    esseffect said:
    Bowyer didn't sound too bothered post match, like he's given up for this season. 
    If he came out and had a moan at a poor performance, people would say he’s lost the dressing room.

If he came out and praised the bits we did right, people would call him mad and blinkered.

Now he’s come out level headed about where we’re at, he’s apparently given up on the season.
    Sums up this place
    Why? Not a dig towards you here, but genuinely do you think he is doing a good job?  To me he doesn’t take much responsibility. 
  • Options
    The old guard the disappointments yet again. Just ooze players coming to the end of their careers and only going one direction on the form chart. I’d rather Smith and Morgan started in centre mid than Pratley and Watson. 

There is a tiny tiny chance that we can make playoffs this season, we aren’t going down, so why not just attack teams? Try and actually play some sort of fluent football.

It just so boring and then becomes desperate. Not fun at all to watch.
    I agree completely and the only time them two should play at CDM Together is if we are trying to defend a 2-0 lead in a play of semi final, other than that they just get in the way. 

Stockley, Aneke and Washington should have been up top together for last 15minutes that's what teams wanting to win and realise the season is gone if you don't win do. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Give Morgan a 'Le Tiss' licence and let him roam creating. He played Smyth (who bottles every tackle) top of the diamond but don't play Albie there. I'm a bit dumbfounded with it at times. 
  • Options
    Bang average
  • Options
    I am going to buy the AFC Wimbledon game next week though so apologies
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Bang average
    You’re being very kind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not a EFL manager but at least I know you can't play Watson and Pratley in midfield together. Yes Pratley as CH and Watson in midfield but not together in midfield. I also said it on the match thread and Curbs said it after Maatsen keeps running into Millar's space and he cant get 1v1 with defenders.  Some decent stuff first half but second half was dire. 
  • Options
    th0rryy said:
    Whilst we have turned (somewhat) of a corner in terms of our recent form, we slumped back again today.

Really disappointed to see Pratley and Watson picked together in midfield again - this regularly leaves all of our attacking players isolated and is generally very negative. When we made the substitutions in the second half, we looked better and I just wish we could have started closer to the midfield we ended with. Either Shinnie or Smith should have been playing from the start instead of Pratley. 

It's very clear that L1 teams are simply not going to let us have time on the ball and spray it around. I miss the performances of Cullen and Gallagher last year - someone picking up the ball, looking up and playing proactive passes. When we play with Pratley and Watson, everything is backwards and sideways. Teams just set up deep and we lack the creativity with both of them in the team to get ahead in games.

We added pace with the addition of Millar and Jaiyesimi to the team, but they are both misfiring at the moment. Steve Brown nailed it today with a comment about Millar's awareness of  other players in close quarters. Millar looked so dangerous when teams gave him space, but as awareness has grown, they now all know to just play tight on him and he doesn't have a way to deal with that. His performances have really tailed off recently and it's really disappointing.

Sadly, I think we are going to need another big rebuild in the summer. We've had some real misses with a few of these players and they simply don't look hungry enough. Hopefully the removal of the salary cap and offloading some of the high wage / old players for fresher faces will do the trick.
    Excellent post mate 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Millar thrown to the wolves already
    Nah. He is being savaged by dead sheep 

( old Sir Denis Healey gag)

Kid needs a rest
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    cabbles said:
    Enjoyed that.  Nice, tidy play in defence and the middle of the park, some movement up front and something to build on as we hit the business end of the season. 
    I literally can’t tell if you’re serious @cabbles?
    Sorry, yes I can. 
  • Options
    I genuinely cannot wait for this season to finish. Awful.
  • Options
    The season finishing alone isn’t going to solve things - a transfer window with no embargo, no cap and a new manager might 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    esseffect said:
    Bowyer didn't sound too bothered post match, like he's given up for this season. 
    If he came out and had a moan at a poor performance, people would say he’s lost the dressing room.

If he came out and praised the bits we did right, people would call him mad and blinkered.

Now he’s come out level headed about where we’re at, he’s apparently given up on the season.
    Sums up this place
    Why? Not a dig towards you here, but genuinely do you think he is doing a good job?  To me he doesn’t take much responsibility. 
    Agree with this about him not taking responsibility. Didn’t he say in his interview something along the lines of telling the players at half time to go out and play the same “but they didn’t”. Digging out the team instead of questioning his own strategy on why he kept with the slow mo pairing of Watson and Pratley. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I would say Famewo is a class player and would love to see us pick him up in the summer. 
    He is but I'd say that was his worst game for us. 
  • Options
    they didn’t go out and lay the same coz there manager probably tweaked a few bits and made improvements - ours didn’t and let’s be honest, we could have carried in playing that first half for another 45 mins and not scored - not playing your best striker and most creative midfielder at home in a must win game - bonkers 
  • Options
    I don’t understand some people on here. Same people that were leading with Bowyer’s a disgrace for personally naming players in negative post-match interviews, are now not happy with Bowyer’s words because he’s being more positive and supportive towards his players.
    I think most people are more bothered with the football on the pitch than his interviews. I thought the football under KR was unwatchable but this is actually worse..
  • Options
    Rubbish .. BUT .. unbeaten in 4 ((:>) .. really time for a total rethink in midfield, two slow oldish geezers holding the centre just don't cut it
  • Options
    Charlton have higher standards than Swindon - sounds like bowyer has been drilling the defensive side of the game into jaysemi - might explain why he now looks confused and shit 
  • Options
    We just about deserved a point against a team that bely their position in the league.
    if we had a PROPER striker and a Goal Keeper who knew how to kick a fucking ball out we possibly would have had three points.
    we must hold the league record for hitting the woodwork 😂😂😂👎👎👎👎
    poor performance overall.