Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Sat 20 Mar | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not overly fussed how we set up, but think i'd go with the Karl Robinson special:

Amos 
    Gunter - Famewo - Pearce - Maatsen
    Shinnie  - F.Caskey - Morgan
    Jaiyesimi
    Aneke - Washington

I thought Karl loved a 4-2-3-1?
  • Options
    3-1 win and all of us getting a bit more optimistic before our run of six pointer games. As important as this result will be, I would trade it for Innis being fit for all the remaining games after Saturday. Beating the sides around us is now the make or break and having our strongest defenders will give us a real chance. 

Washington, Aneke and Schwartz with the goals 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not overly fussed how we set up, but think i'd go with the Karl Robinson special:

Amos 
    Jaiyesimi
    Aneke - Washington

Doh you're right. 4-2-3-1 was also Adkins favourite formation at Hull. 

Amos 
    Morgan - F.Caskey
    Jaiyesimi - Shinnie - Washington
    Aneke
  • Options
    Would like to think that there wouldn't be too many changes from Tuesday evening, although I would prefer DJ & Aneke to Millar & Stockley respectively. I also think Purrington would help shore up the defence better than Maatsen, but that would mean 3 changes & I'd start looking like Bowyer.......aaarrrggghhh !!!

In any event I feel that the confidence is slowly coming back to both fans & players and we will run out winners......

1-3 
  • Options
    Can only see a win for us here. New manager bounce, Pigott off form etc. 2-0 Charlton 
  • Options
    Naby Sarr winner last time we were there, boy he would make a difference In the squad right now.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see if Adkins uses Chuks as a 10 if he does choose to go for 4-2-3-1, or if he keeps him up there as a striker. In theory we could have Stockley, Washington and Chuks all fitting into that formation which would be pretty aggressive. It would be pretty interesting/hilarious to see
    Amos
    Gunter-Famewo-Pearce-Purrington
    JFC-Shinnie
    Jaiyesimi-Aneke-Washington
    Stockley
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
    Jaiyesimi
    Aneke - Washington

Doh you're right. 4-2-3-1 was also Adkins favourite formation at Hull. 

Amos 
    Morgan - F.Caskey
    Jaiyesimi - Shinnie - Washington
    Aneke
    Like the look of that lineup, would probably swap shinnie and Morgan. Think Albie is at his best in the number 10 role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Don't get hang up on formations.
    Washington isn't static so he does runs out wide and in the box.  

He will continue to play the same way as the last 3 games.  Aneke hopefully will start as the central striker.

When we are attacking we should have numbers in the box especially when we cross from out wide.  Plus we defend from the front with closing down.

The reality is we have two strikers in double figures so you want them to take up as many goal scoring positions as possible.

When I was a manager, which players you had at your disposal dictated how you would set up plus how weak or strong the opposition were. Grass roots or pro football the same fundamental issues are the same.

Wimbledon are struggling and we need to dominate the game and create plenty of chances for the in form Washington and Aneke, plus our midfield getting in shots.

So don't care what the formation appears to be on paper:       4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 etc the fact is the guys most likely to score, Chuks and Conor need to be fed in or around the box.

1-3 and we are in good spirits for some much needed team bonding and work at Sparrows lane under the sunny leadership of Nads and JJ who knows he has a wonderful opportunity to learn from a different character to Bows and achieve his ambition of manager at the club he has already led with distinction.

That is for the future, 3 points and an improved performance at Plough lane is the focus for now.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    AWAY B)  win banker for Nigel's opener .. it'll be very interesting to see what formation he chooses .. nothing too fancy please

Afc Wimbledon 0 v CAFC 3
  • Options
    Home win banker for Nigel's opener .. it'll be very interesting to see what formation he chooses .. nothing too fancy please

CAFC  3 v Afc Wimbledon 0
    We are away mate so I hope it isnt a home win banker 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Home win banker for Nigel's opener .. it'll be very interesting to see what formation he chooses .. nothing too fancy please

CAFC  3 v Afc Wimbledon 0
    We are away mate so I hope it isnt a home win banker 
    thanks .. I am finding it hard to stay awake lately ((:>)
  • Options
    I've been watching more Hull highlights on YouTube during Adkins time there, and I am not sure we will see much change in the style of play to what we have seen over the recent run of games. In as much as we won't be turning into a possession based tika-taka style team. 

He certainly favoured a 4-2-3-1 during his time there, and most of the patterns of play seemed to be to move the ball quickly through the thirds and get it to the wingers (Grosicki and Bowen) who liked to cut inside and attack. 

Grosicki and Bowen are now both playing in the Premiership so clearly very decent players. 

• Options
    We win this and people will start believing again.
  • Options
    Lots of people pushing Washington down the side of a three behind Chucks.
    Is keep him up top supported by Chucks.
    hes our main man atm and is best served pulling their back line left and right, running in behind, not dragged into midfield battles.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    hes our main man atm and is best served pulling their back line left and right, running in behind, not dragged into midfield battles.
    You must miss all the defensive work he is involved in. 

He practically plays Left wing but becomes the 2nd striker when attacking. 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Naby Sarr winner last time we were there, boy he would make a difference In the squad right now.

Same time of year and the start of winning run to the play-offs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A number of teams in and around us are going to drop points tomorrow as they are playing each other.
    All good until our final run of games... 

20/03AFC Wimbledon

International Break
    02/04Doncaster
    06/04Lincoln
    10/04Sunderland
    17/04Ipswich
    20/04
    27/04
    Plymouth
    Crewe
    24/04Peterborough
    01/05Accrington
    08/05Hull
  • Options
    Stick to 4-4-2 with DJ for Millar and Chuks for Stockley. Not convinced Adkins will come in and change the formation for his first game.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yes, three of those games look tough but not impossible. Sunderland, Posh and Hull. A few of the rest may be up there but their form is nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    agim said:
    Can only see a win for us here. New manager bounce, Pigott off form etc. 2-0 Charlton 
    What did you say he's off form for...
  • Options
    Yes, three of those games look tough but not impossible. Sunderland, Posh and Hull. A few of the rest may be up there but their form is nothing to worry about.
    One game at a time. 
  • Options
    Bit of a strange one as Nigel is joining us on the back of a good run. Normally a new manager goes in after a losing run such as Bowyer to Birmingham, Moore to Sheff Wed or Cook to Ipswich.

I wish Nigel all the best and hope the team turn in a good performance and get 3 points. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    You must miss all the defensive work he is involved in. 

He practically plays Left wing but becomes the 2nd striker when attacking. 
    I wouldn’t say he does defensive work. He works hard but he’s always at the top end ready to pounce. I think withdrawing him slightly is a mistake. 
    He’s our in-form striker so it’s a 4-4-2 for me plus we’re playing AFC Wimbledon not Man City.  
  • Options
    In that formation we have Millar, jaiyesimi who can really play wide, after that you’ve got shinnie, Morgan, Washington and not much else. 

We’ve also got loads of strikers. 

• Options
    In that formation we have Millar, jaiyesimi who can really play wide, after that you’ve got shinnie, Morgan, Washington and not much else. 
    We’ve also got loads of strikers. 
    This omits all the youth, but we have 4 strikers and a few decent looking young wide players. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Think DJ might get a start after looking bright when he came on. Millar probably needs a break anyway, hasn't really been on it for a while. 
    that would 100% be my only change from the predicted line up, guess we've just gotta check first that's ok with Liverpool ;)

0-2 win, Chuks and Shinnie