Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Sat 20 Mar | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Eddie Allsopp been training with the first team by the looks of the latest video on cafc Twitter.
    Who is that... Not heard of him before now? 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Eddie Allsopp been training with the first team by the looks of the latest video on cafc Twitter.
    A midfielder in the u23s who signed from Phoenix Sports a few years ago. OS describes him as creative.

https://cafc.co.uk/team/player/5d6946bc2b614/profile

https://twitter.com/allsoppeddie

• Options
    First time in a while I’ve got home from work on a Saturday properly excited for the football.

Hopefully Adkins can keep that excitement going all the way to Wembley. 

3-1 Win for the Addicks. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Does this count as a new era ? 

About a month ago was the end of the Bowyer era as the wheels came off and we were just waiting for Lee to find a new job and Thomas Sandgaard to sort out a new manager. You didn't need to be an expect in body language to realize the end was near. 

This is a new era which we should call the Danelaw era as Thomas has selected his first Manager and I'm convinced TS wanted JJ as Adkins assistant. Not for sentiment reason but because he feels JJ has talent and he would've noticed when watching the play off final the respect from the players when BFG scored the final minute goal. Ged Roddy was picked as the technical director recently so we are seeing Thomas Sandgaard the successful businessman putting his management team on and off the field in place.

Beware the ideas of March ? I have come to praise Thomas, not to bury him.

I thought I would be watching FC Charlton in the park so no complaints from me.
  • Options
    Valley Pass purchased and all set for a new dawn, really quite excited to see how we start this afternoon, would like Nads positive attitude to reinforce the confidence that the likes of Conor Washington, Jayden and Chuks have whilst improve it in DJ and Rocket Ronnie. 

If we can create the chances for them, I do think we have the firepower to push on, if only we were all there to see it and offer our vocal support. 

• Options
    robroy said:
    My Mrs has gone into labour, I doubt I will be watching the game today. I predict a 1-0 win to Charlton 
    Hope all goes well and many congratulations.
  • Options
    Big boss is in town. First game since last Wimbledon fixture?....another 5 gpals would be good
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A midfielder in the u23s who signed from Phoenix Sports a few years ago. OS describes him as creative.

https://cafc.co.uk/team/player/5d6946bc2b614/profile

https://twitter.com/allsoppeddie

According to his twitter he's just come back from a year out through injury?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    As Thomas Sandgaard is Going to Wimbledon today instead of 3-1, I will go for 6-1.

I have no idea what the second set score will be  B)
  • Options
    Personally annoys me seeing Watson wearing the Captains armband. No doubt he's been a great player in the past but feel like you should have to earn the right to get the captains armband rather than being handed it because you're experienced!
  • Options
    Personally annoys me seeing Watson wearing the Captains armband. No doubt he's been a great player in the past but feel like you should have to earn the right to get the captains armband rather than being handed it because you're experienced!
    Thing is we as fan do not really have any knowledge of what is like behind the scenes. Perhaps his performances on the pitch have not lived up to expectations, but he is certainly vocal - and could be a very good mentor at Sparrows Lane for all we know.

That being said I'd give it to JFC if Pearce is not on the pitch. 
  • Options
    One more win and clean sheet and then it falls apart after the international break?

No, that would never happen...
  • Options
    Anyone else fancy this bet
    Norwich,Barnsley,Charlton,Gillingham.
    5£ stake gives £52-03p return
  • Options
    Three points COYR.
  • Options
    Good luck Mrs Robroy!

COYA! 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone watching on VP at the moment, interesting watching them setting it all up, assume they know they are on camera
  • Options
    Watching now... So good... I just love it 😂😂
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    They've turned off the sodding sound, nope gone now just when it was getting interesting :'(
  • Options
    do you need a live valley pass account to watch the stream please, do i pay £10 for match, but then have to pay £6.50 as well, thanks.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    do you need a live valley pass account to watch the stream please, do i pay £10 for match, but then have to pay £6.50 as well, thanks.
    No, you can just pay £10 for the match stream.
  • Options
    Good old plough lane...was it Mickey Bennett who got a winner there for us... Back in 87 maybe?  
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Good old plough lane...was it Mickey Bennett who got a winner there for us... Back in 87 maybe?  
    Just to add some pre-match cheer we've only ever won the one game at Plough Lane

3-1 win in our first visit (1984) so hopefully there will be some good omens with our first visit to the new Plough Lane this afternoon - Only time I can find Bennett scoring there was in '89 in 3-1 defeat
  • Options
    Expecting a crap camera angle
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    As you have been told about the cost, worth noting, goes live usually 2.15 free, but payable after 2.45