Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Sat 20 Mar | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    A number of teams in and around us are going to drop points tomorrow as they are playing each other.
    All good until our final run of games... 

20/03AFC Wimbledon

International Break
    02/04Doncaster
    06/04Lincoln
    10/04Sunderland
    17/04Ipswich
    20/04
    27/04
    Plymouth
    Crewe
    24/04Peterborough
    01/05Accrington
    08/05Hull
    What’s to worry about ... All winnable 🤨 Play offs here we come 
  • Options
    Much as I don’t have any time for AFC Wimbledon - what happened to Karl Robinson when we played them away was utterly disgusting, and in general I find their fans complete knobs - there is a good video on the club website about getting back to their new ground - take a look
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Have a feeling we'll smash them. Can see it being quite a different side, with players playing in their correct positions. 1-4
  • Options
    Good luck with your team forecast FA, first there was the transfer window, then LB changing the team every week and now a new manager, but as the saying goes. even a broken clock is right twice  :). Whether this is JJ team or Adkins, we won't know, but starting to be hopeful again, so I am going for an away win.
  • Options
    The Adkins bounce starts with an impressive performance, and a win, 1-3
    Just start DJ in place of Millar
  • Options
    Mr Adkins red n white army!!!!

3-1 to the Adkinicks
  • Options

3-1 to the Adkinicks
    Addickins works better.
  • Options
    Hahaha Adikins Trainspotting army!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

3-1 to the Adkinicks
    Addickins works better.
    It does. I shall use it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liked what their manager said about only concentrating 20% on us & the remaining 80% on what they could do. Hopefully JJ/MA can be more in this camp than the LB "must set up to stop them" one.
  • Options
    0-3 Charlton win Washington (2) Aneke would play Purrington,Jaiyesimi and Aneke and drop Stockley  Millar,and maatsen
  • Options
    Managers don’t matter. 
    1-0 defeat. 
  • Options
    2-1 away win . Gilbey and Purrington  .
  • Options
    Think people are right when they suggest NA will be relying on Jacko’s knowledge of the squad to pick the side this weekend.

For the most part, because we are coming off a win... the team should basically pick itself anyway, barring any niggles.
  • Options
    Think people are right when they suggest NA will be relying on Jacko’s knowledge of the squad to pick the side this weekend.

For the most part, because we are coming off a win... the team should basically pick itself anyway, barring any niggles.
    And, of course, NA hasn't any real knowledge of our players strengths and weaknesses, let alone as a team unit - apart from watching videos.

Jacko has to say, "Look, Boss ....... If I were wearing your boots, this is who I would pick based on ability, form and fitness".
    Tomorrow gives Mister Adkins a chance to sit and watch - and to form his own opinions.

• Options
    I'm worryingly optimistic. Our away form has been good, AFC are struggling and there seems a positive vibe around the club at the moment

I'd definitely start DJ rather than Millar (unless some stupid clause says we have to start him) as apart from anything else, Millar faces a tiring 2 weeks ahead, flying to Florida to play international matches, so it'll probably be better to rest his legs. And DJ deserves a start as well.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

And, of course, NA hasn't any real knowledge of our players strengths and weaknesses, let alone as a team unit - apart from watching videos.

Jacko has to say, "Look, Boss ....... If I were wearing your boots, this is who I would pick based on ability, form and fitness".
    Tomorrow gives Mister Adkins a chance to sit and watch - and to form his own opinions.

I am sure he would have looked at some videos of games once TS got in touch with him
  • Options
    First trip to a new ground, what a shame we cannot be there? Good luck to Mr Adkins but lets be honest he has a free hit in these 10 games. Next season is where it counts. 
    This should be a good start as the Dons are struggling. 1-0 to Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does this count as a new era ? 
  • Options
    1-0 defeat. I've written off this season.
  • Options
    I think we’ll win but we might not score 5 this time.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    1-0 defeat. I've written off this season.
    Ok. 
    Have a lovely summer but we expect you back next season loud and proud! COYR!s
    I'm just happy we have a new manager - not expecting him to get us promoted this season. Just want him to settle in. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Just looked up the table from 2 seasons ago at similar games played. Incredible how spaced out the point differences were compared to this season. 
  • Options
    We should have got autos that year, loss to Oxford did us in 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The goal difference actually depicts the seasonal differences for me, without getting into micro detail.
  • Options
    A good sign will be not having to witness multiple subs at half time cos we’ve been so shit 🤦🏻‍♂️