Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup qualifiers thread

Comments

• Options
    Gutted for Ukraine. Hope we stuff Wales in the Groups.
  • Options
    England vs Wales... 29th November

Thank god its going to be the last game in the group - Hope we get the job dont before then!!
  • Options
    Christ I hope Wales dont score first if we face them in Qatar

They've deserved more than one tonight, but are so well organised in defence
    The Conte effect.  The improvement in both Davies and Rodon since Conte took over is immeasurable.
  • Options
    So sorry for the Ukrainians but man we’ve waited long enough 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
  • Options
    Gutted. Didn’t realise how much the Welsh hated us till I went euro16. 
    Yep - Lens was a pretty savage atmosphere outside the stadium.
  • Options
    Contrast the overreactions to England losing in a friendly tournament calling for southgates head to this
  • Options
    Congratulations to Wales. Brilliant achievement, hope they do well in the tournament. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would’ve rather Scotland than Wales honestly. At least Scottish fans can be a good laugh.
  • Options
    We are so much better than Wales it is unreal. Easy three points at the end of the group games.  
  • Options
    CHG said:
    We are so much better than Wales it is unreal. Easy three points at the end of the group games.  
    Bit like in 2016?
  • Options
    Would’ve rather Scotland than Wales honestly. At least Scottish fans can be a good laugh.
    Nah , the only consolation is it wasn’t the sweaty socks .

• Options
    CHG said:
    Bit like in 2016?
    Exactly 
  • Options
    We all shed a tear tonight. Very emotional night. 
  • Options
    If Gunter scores against us i'm going to his and demanding my season ticket expenses back
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    remember that back in 1984, the last Home Nations Championship, Wales beat England .. when I had the misfortune to be working in the VERY nationalistic and anti English North Wales a few years back, the locals were forever reminding me of that fact, the self appointed downtrodden have long memories when it comes to getting one over the Saxon oppressors  :)

However, I always like to hear the spontaneous Welsh male voice choirs break out in patriotic song both at rugby and football internationals.
     In Qatar Southgate and his men will need to beware of the one thing the Welsh have and that the English teams generally lack, that is passion .. and passion will often make a man and his team excel well above expectations 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    remember that back in 1984, the last Home Nations Championship, Wales beat England .. when I had the misfortune to be working in the VERY nationalistic and anti English North Wales a few years back, the locals were forever reminding me of that fact, the self appointed downtrodden have long memories when it comes to getting one over the Saxon oppressors  :)

However, I always like to hear the spontaneous Welsh male voice choirs break out in patriotic song both at rugby and football internationals.
     In Qatar Southgate and his men will need to beware of the one thing the Welsh have and that the English teams generally lack, that is passion .. and passion will often make a man and his team excel well above expectations 
    Wales have so much passion that this will be their first world cup for 64 years.
  • Options

Wales have so much passion that this will be their first world cup for 64 years.
    The sheep will get lonely this winter, thats for sure.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I don’t believe any international team has more ‘passion’ than the other. 
    I thought the same but the Welsh thing is a bit odd.
  • Options
    Big game tonight.....UAE V Australia.....winner plays Peru.
  • Options
    Free to watch on OneFootball @ 7pm our time... Shame its on so late as the England game is 7:45pm
  • Options
    I'll be there tonight.....looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Come on the Aussies (vom)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The stadium used this evening (and for next week’s inter-continental ties) will host seven matches at the World Cup, including all three of Wales’ group games.

USA v Wales
    Belgium v Canada
    Wales v Iran
    Japan v Costa Rica / New Zealand
    Wales v England
    Croatia v Belgium
    Group C winner v Group D runner-up
  • Options
    Let us know what the stadium is like. Seeing 3x games there in November. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Let us know what the stadium is like. Seeing 3x games there in November.