Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster v Charlton | Good Friday | 12:30pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Would like to see Aneke and Stockley together. 
  • Options
    Bolloxbolder and Dazler21 perhaps you could explain your lols?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
                Brewer
    Oshi Innis Famewo Maatsen    
     Morgan   Watson JFC  Millar
           Aneke   Schwartz 

Christ I’m glad you aren’t in charge.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a right footed centre back playing on the right. I also wonder whether Watson might be back. But it's anyone's guess.
  • Options
    Our two main strikers who are in double figures are Aneke and Washington. 
    If Washington is injured then 100% Aneke starts.
  • Options
    0-3 to the Addicks written all over this game 
  • Options
    First proper game with Nige in the hot seat, plenty of time to get the positives over and has to be a must win game, nothing else can do surely in the run in, I have a very good feeling about this one, be interesting to see his line up
    Reasonably comfortable away win 1-3,

• Options
    0-3 to the Addicks written all over this game 
    oh no sigh GIF by BBC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Head is saying point, heart is saying, maybe the season isn't quite done yet, 1-2 to the hard working Addicks. 
  • Options
    Reckon the Adkmeister will have worked his magic.

Players in position
    A PLAN

We will be spoiled.   0-2 to the Addicks!
  • Options
    There will be a melt down at 11:31 when we find out Watson is playing.

Amos
    Gunter(c) Inniss Fanewo Maatsen
                       Watson JFC Morgan
    DJ
                         Stockley Aneke

3 (JFC, Aneke, Stockley) - 1 (Bogle) to the Addicks. 

• Options
    Well whatever the result ends up one thing is nailed on. Bogle will score ! its us afterall and it has to be in the stars lol
  • Options
    I think everyone here has been watching too many of Nigel's Positivity tweets/videos and dipping into the Adkins Kool Aid. I don't think the team has shown me enough over the season that they have the ability to do this. Doncaster need this as much as we do and our defence is just too brittle or have too many mistakes in them. Inniss to make the bench at best. 2-1 to them and we start to plan for our escape from L1 next season.

Caveat - I'd love to be proven wrong!
  • Options
    I know we've been saying this for a while but this is a huge game - I think if we win this one we could go on the illusive run and maybe sneak that last playoff spot, if we lose or draw I don't think it will happen.

I'm all for Adkins and happy with the appointment, but I'm not sure Adkins will be able to properly embed his playing style into this group yet, even with the International break to work on it, and I think he is fairly rigid in his style of football, so got a feeling it maybe won't be the performance and result we want.

No idea on the formation, but will predict 1-1 and a bitter taste in the mouth after the match after another defensive error gifts them the point.
  • Options

Amos

Gunter   Iniss    Famewo   Maatsen

Pratley

Shinnie      Forster Caskey

Jaiyesimi       Aneke        Millar

This would be my ideal starting eleven.

4-3-3 formation with Pratley holding, Shinnie and Forster Caskey just in front.

Jayiyesimi and Millar as fairly fluid interchangeable wingers.

Both of them drop back in midfield to make a 4-5-1 when we're defending.

Can't see it happening though as some  players are returning from international duty or injury.

If we don't win tomorrow, I think any fleeting chance we might have had of Play Offs will be extinguished.

• Options
    As usual, because the game is on Sky, I will not be adding any extra comments to the matchday thread. I know there are plenty of others who will keep everyone up to date
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Amos

Pratley

Can't see it happening though as some  players are returning from international duty or injury.

If we don't win tomorrow, I think any fleeting chance we might have had of Play Offs will be extinguished.

Think Watson has shown recently that he plays the holding role better than Pratley, who is better as centre back cover, otherwise I quite like it. Still not 100% sure of Gunter though. 
  • Options
    Bogle to get his revenge? Or hopefully he’ll be as shite as he was for us 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Amos

Pratley

Think Watson has shown recently that he plays the holding role better than Pratley, who is better as centre back cover, otherwise I quite like it. Still not 100% sure of Gunter though. 
    Both Gunter and Matthews have had their moments of lunacy this season.

Picked Pratley over Watson because he tackles a bit better but they are fairly interchangeable, hated it when we played them as a double pivot.

Morgan could replace Shinnie quite easily too.
    Particularly if Shinnie decides to keep hitting the first defender with every corner he takes, like he has done in the last few games.

Thought the three up front worked well against Wimbledon when we briefly tried it and was good when we used it when Doughty was playing for us, early in the season.
  • Options
    Matthews has been poor IMO, been at fault for a lot of goals.
  • Options
    Season over by 14:30 Friday afternoon, or does the impossible dream run for another week. I believe we get this one... 2-0 Charlton. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    JamesSeed said:

Amos

Pratley

Particularly if Shinnie decides to keep hitting the first defender with every corner he takes, like he has done in the last few games.
    Hasn't that been JFC hitting the first man from corners? All season 
  • Options
    Bogle misplaces some passes for Doncaster but remains on pitch shocker...

I think we are about to see a new manager bounce and will win this one 2-1 Aneke and DJ on target. Not having Lincoln on Tuesday will continue to focus any moaners’ attentions for a few days.

The rest of us are ‘It’s Happening’ GIF (which I do not have).
  • Options
    Bogle misplaces some passes for Doncaster but remains on pitch shocker...

I think we are about to see a new manager bounce and will win this one 2-1 Aneke and DJ on target. Not having Lincoln on Tuesday will continue to focus any moaners’ attentions for a few days.

The rest of us are ‘It’s Happening’ GIF (which I do not have).
    Its Happening - GIF on Imgur
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:

Amos

Pratley

Hasn't that been JFC hitting the first man from corners? All season 
    JFC is the one who does the pointless short corners that don't work either