Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster v Charlton | Good Friday | 12:30pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Hope it's on sky via 12.30 ko time 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Going to turn into a pet gate rant but really if we can in this game eliminate:

a) short corners particularly where we have our central defenders up

b) corners and crosses which hit the first defender below head height (ideally at all)

c ) short passes out from the keeper to marked defenders 

d) using attacking positions to pass back to the keeper

then I’ll be much much happier with the football as currently post lockdown I’ll need to find out who Mouthall’s hair transplant was done by to replace all that torn out by me as a result of  our negative play or frankly shite play so far since August.

• Options
    Superb preview thank you. 

My fear is that we will discover it doesn't matter who the manager is when you have a very poor defence with very little pace or skill. 

Mr Adkins can be as positive as he likes but it won't change the personnel or their abilities.  

The only option is to play five at the back or two defensive midfielders, or both and Bowyer was widely criticised for it. 

Doncaster looked very strong in the home fixture. 

3.1 home win. Same problems, different manager. 

• Options
    Doncaster are not at their most confident. The best way to beat teams in these circumstances is to ask them questions and hopefully we will do that to a significant effect tomorrow.
  • Options
    Thanks for the preview. 
    If we want to win then Chucks, Innis and Famewo have to start the game. Simples. 
  • Options
    Doncaster are not at their most confident. The best way to beat teams in these circumstances is to ask them questions and hopefully we will do that to a significant effect tomorrow.
    That is what the opposition has been doing to us for the last few months
  • Options
    Looking forward to see what Nadge has seen in the last 2 weeks & if there is actually a team in amongst the rabble we've been putting out this season. 

No idea who he will pick for his starting  11 but I'm hoping for a fast start & some attractive attacking football.

3-1 to Nadges' Red army.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    ross1 said:
    That is what the opposition has been doing to us for the last few months
    Sadly, you are right there. It would be nice to give some back for a change :) I don't want to knock Bowyer, he has gone and I wish him well but I am thinking of Sheff Wednesday away last season, which was a template on how not to set up against a team lacking confidence. Hoping we don't see something similar tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Adkins bandwagon starts to roll! Just hope the wheels don't fall off! 0-2 to us!
  • Options
    We leak so many goals, whether it is the defence or the midfield remains a debatable point. Either way it does not matter, results stay the same. 1-0 Doncaster.
  • Options
    Agree, and to score first to knock them down immediately. Come in you reds!
  • Options
    Thanks for the preview. 
    If we want to win then Chucks, Innis and Famewo have to start the game. Simples. 
    It does show how far we’ve fallen when we are hanging our hats on chuks aneke!!.  I personally don’t rate him and his point blank woodwork hitting and stupid fouls. However he’s wearing the Charlton shirt and I’ll support him while he does. But over rated in my opinion. Bring on the hat trick tomorrow!!🤣🤣
  • Options
    Being shown on Foxtel in Australia around 10.30pm
  • Options
    1-2 Addicks. Chuks and JFC on the scoresheet.
  • Options
    Adkins first influence witnessed.

We will see. 

Really no idea 

• Options

b) corners and crosses which hit the first defender below head height (ideally at all)

then I’ll be much much happier with the football as currently post lockdown I’ll need to find out who Mouthall’s hair transplant was done by to replace all that torn out by me as a result of  our negative play or frankly shite play so far since August.

I'll add... Being offside from free-kicks.. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Thanks for the preview. 
    It does show how far we’ve fallen when we are hanging our hats on chuks aneke!!.  I personally don’t rate him and his point blank woodwork hitting and stupid fouls. However he’s wearing the Charlton shirt and I’ll support him while he does. But over rated in my opinion. Bring on the hat trick tomorrow!!🤣🤣
    Yeah but imagine how good he would be at the crossbar challenge. I think we have fallen a long way and it won't happen over night but the green shoots of recovery are there. I quite like Chucks. He can be frustrating and very inconsistent but he's probably our biggest threat at the moment. Can see him moving on at the end of the season.
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton. Aneke to score

Hopefully a decent performance but be nice to have some cohesion again.

Be nice to see Innis get some minutes in if possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

I'll add... Being offside from free-kicks.. 
    And Chuks conceding a free kick every time he tries to win the ball back when he loses it
  • Options
    9 games to save our season (just like after the first lockdown).

I’d like to see AMB start today. Amos has been poor for months now.

I fancy Chuks and Schwartz to start.

Donny are in free fall and we have one of the best away records in the league.

Those talking about the run starting today - we are already on the run (undefeated in 6).

With the new manager bounce (must be our turn) surely we can win this one.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bogle misplaces some passes for Doncaster but remains on pitch shocker...

I think we are about to see a new manager bounce and will win this one 2-1 Aneke and DJ on target. Not having Lincoln on Tuesday will continue to focus any moaners’ attentions for a few days.

The rest of us are ‘It’s Happening’ GIF (which I do not have).
    Its Happening - GIF on Imgur
    I've missed this 😀
  • Options
    Hopefully this will Thomas and Nige after full time...

• Options
    Morning everyone.  I trust you've all slept well. 

2-0 to Charlton today..

Lets go and make the most of the day everyone!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
                Brewer
    Oshi Innis Famewo Maatsen    
     Morgan   Watson JFC  Millar
           Aneke   Schwartz 

Christ I’m glad you aren’t in charge.
    So am I.
    Innis? Famewo? Maatsen? Morgan? JFC? Aneke? Millar? Schwartz?
    Or is it Oshi? not good enough for the incompetent brace we have had playing at right back all season who have been culpable for a whole chunk of goals this season? A player who will give us height at defending corners and attacking corners. Has pace, strong, and is our player? I know he was culpable for one, but really? Gunter and Mathews have been crap.
    Or is it dropping Amos? I have not been impressed. Shot straight down the middle! Comes very well for crosses, but seems to struggle with shots from anywhere? The number=of outstanding saves has not been great. Really not convinced.
    I guess it is Watson. 
    Well I think he is a good player who snuffs out problems, plays it simple, and moves us forward. What he wouldn’t do is let a central midfielder stroll down the middle of the field and have a shot.

I’ve been saying all season that Gunter has been really average defensively. 

It’s the Schwartz and Watson in your team that I don’t like . 
  • Options
    Morning everyone.  I trust you've all slept well. 

2-0 to Charlton today..

Lets go and make the most of the day everyone!
    Just control the controllables and keep a smile on your face 
  • Options
    I really hope we finally have a new manager bounce like all other clubs seem to have. NA has had a bit of time to work not just on formations and plans but also on mental strength and, to me, brings a fresh mental approach, where players aren't afraid to play freely. 
    Big bold prediction from me is 1-3 to Adkins Addicks!!!
  • Options
    amos

matthews
    innnis
    famewho
    purrington

miller
    shinnie
    jfc
    jaysemi

stockley
    chucks

solid back 4 with an all guns blazing 6 in front 

• Options
    There's been an unexpected conundrum arise from the 'Innis & Famewo' to save our season campaign......Pearce has probably been our better/more switched on player over the last handful of games.