Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hall Of Fame 2021

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I think Yann will probably win that category but John H should have been our most capped England international 
  • Options
    Last few days to vote. Closes 10 pm on 9th May  https://surveyhero.com/c/0b8d1f32
  • Options
    Last chance to vote
  • Options
    Not trying to undermine the vote or those that have been elected to the Hall Of Fame (and probably because as a youngster he was one of my favourite players), but Bob Curtis, with 337 appearances over the course of 12 seasons at the Club, surely deserves to join these soon enough. Whether it was at right back or centre back he always gave 100% and remains, in my opinion, our best ever penalty taker too. After all, how many defenders have scored 35 goals for us?
  • Options
    All the candidates deserve to be elected if you think about it.  Bob Curtis was a superb player.
  • Options
    Jason is a great addition to the HoF for the modern era, but I couldn't look beyond Jonny H for this one personally. What a player he was. I started going in 86 and he was one of my favourites. We even had a garden gnome which I named after him, who's still going strong 30 odd years later haha! The fact he was given to Palace to clear debts hurt, probably more than Yann leaving thinking about it. Wasnt there a story that he got called up for England B at the end of his last season with us. He knew he was leaving though, so turned it down in order to go on an end of season "bonding" trip with Charlton? If that's true, he is even more of a ledge than I thought. Well done Euell though. COYA
  • Options
    I'm a little surprised that the likes of Euell and Kermorgant have been voting options ahead of the likes of Chris Powell or Johnnie Jackson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a little surprised that the likes of Euell and Kermorgant have been voting options ahead of the likes of Chris Powell or Johnnie Jackson
    Powell is already in the Hall of Fame. Jackson is not eligible until five years after he finishes playing for Charlton which was May 2018. I reckon he is a certainty to be voted in when the time comes.
  • Options
    Powell is already in the Hall of Fame. Jackson is not eligible until five years after he finishes playing for Charlton which was May 2018. I reckon he is a certainty to be voted in when the time comes.
    Cheers I couldnt remember if Powell already was...

Explains why Kermorgant got ahead of the likes of Jackson and Solly
  • Options
    The voters will be the judge of that  : - )
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Jason is a great addition to the HoF for the modern era, but I couldn't look beyond Jonny H for this one personally. What a player he was. I started going in 86 and he was one of my favourites. We even had a garden gnome which I named after him, who's still going strong 30 odd years later haha! The fact he was given to Palace to clear debts hurt, probably more than Yann leaving thinking about it. Wasnt there a story that he got called up for England B at the end of his last season with us. He knew he was leaving though, so turned it down in order to go on an end of season "bonding" trip with Charlton? If that's true, he is even more of a ledge than I thought. Well done Euell though. COYA
    I bumped into Johnny H at Charing Cross and I asked if was going to join Palace, and he said ‘nah wouldn’t join that lot’ 

was gutted when he left. 

What a full back pairing him and Reid were. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    YTS1978 said:
    I bumped into Johnny H at Charing Cross and I asked if was going to join Palace, and he said ‘nah wouldn’t join that lot’ 

was gutted when he left. 

What a full back pairing him and Reid were. 
    @MrOneLung  the bloody liar haha! Yeah, him and Reid were great. We had a cracking team back then. Often gets overlooked because of the Premier league years, but we had some real battlers at the back, who could play too, and plenty of talented players going forward. Looking back i actually think I preferred those few seasons at selhurst as they were my formative years watching proper football. Nothing compares to the valley, but you know what I mean? Seems a bloody lifetime ago now though! COYA
  • Options
    who is eligible to vote for this?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    who is eligible to vote for this?
    Anyone