Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

INNIS = WINS

Am I right is saying that Ryan Innis has only played 7 league games for Charlton and we have won ALL of them?

Comments

• And we've only conceded three goals with the YETI!!!

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=64833
  • Surely Innis has played more than seven league matches?
  • edited April 2021
    se9addick said:
    Surely Innis has played more than seven league matches?
    Seven League games, once in the FA Cup and once for some amateur team in the League Cup

Shockingly he's actually played less games than Alfie Doughty this season...
  • yesterday at 0-0, Amos saved his bacon BIG time after he was caught dallying !!
  • se9addick said:
    Surely Innis has played more than seven league matches?
    Seven League games, once in the FA Cup and once for some amateur team in the League Cup

Shockingly he's actually played less games than Alfie Doughty this season...
    Wow, cheers
  • yesterday at 0-0, Amos saved his bacon BIG time after he was caught dallying !!
    Dailly-ing
    That was Pratley wasn’t it?
    That was Pratley wasn’t it?
    You're right ..  my apologies to Mr Innis
  • A fit Inniss could well be the best CB in the division and would easily cope with the Championship

But can he stay fit and play say 40 games a season?
  • Sponsored links:

• A fit Inniss could well be the best CB in the division and would easily cope with the Championship

He never has, have to hope that Zynex medical devices change his injury profile. 
  • The bloke is an animal
  • Hypothetically, if he stays fit, we'll be 2023 Premier League Champions, and our favourite chant will be 'Palace Reject'
  • How about an adaptation of semedo’s one for Ryan?  “He came from a shithole, he fucking hates millwall”

Has a long history of injuries so it's doubtful.

Definitely need to sign 2 centre backs in the summer regardless of what division we're in. Inniss will always start if fit, but we can't rely on that, so we need 2 more + Pearce (is he out of contract?). Hopefully get Famewo back on loan if we go up.

Deji can go, and maybe integrate Barker a bit more (although i accept this will be harder if we're in the championship)

Definitely need to sign 2 centre backs in the summer regardless of what division we're in. Inniss will always start if fit, but we can't rely on that, so we need 2 more + Pearce (is he out of contract?). Hopefully get Famewo back on loan if we go up.

Deji can go, and maybe integrate Barker a bit more (although i accept this will be harder if we're in the championship)
    Pearce is out of contract, but to me definitely deserves another year if we're in L1, where many games are a battle

Pearce is out of contract, but to me definitely deserves another year if we're in L1, where many games are a battle
    100% No. Sorry but no time for sentiment here plus he is notoriously injury prone. We can and will get better players in. Sorry Pearcy but times up. 
  • Pearce is playing well but sadly we needed him in this mode earlier in the season but he was a calamity. Am glad he's come good, but he's also shown how bad he can be in L1 if not up for it.
  • Pearce will get another year and probably a coaching role as well I suspect
  • Sponsored links:

• It would be good to see Pearce get given Euell's old job. He can impart a lot of knowledge and is somebody they can look up to. Keep him as a player coach . He can still do a job in an emergency as he is showing now.
  • It would be good to see Pearce get given Euell's old job. He can impart a lot of knowledge and is somebody they can look up to. Keep him as a player coach . He can still do a job in an emergency as he is showing now.
    That’s not a bad call. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    A fit Inniss could well be the best CB in the division and would easily cope with the Championship

100% No. Sorry but no time for sentiment here plus he is notoriously injury prone. We can and will get better players in. Sorry Pearcy but times up. 
    But can you get 3 better players than Pearce?  Especially if we are in league 1.  That's the question with a lot of our players. There is no point getting rid if you can't get someone who is actually better.

People moan that we have to sign a dozen, plus, players every summer then want to get rid of everyone.  If you have someone like Pearce as your 4th choice center back, who is a positive influence in the dressing room and training ground, what's the point of getting someone else in? 
    That is absolutely the question when it comes down to it. Just what exactly is the plan, the budget and the timescale Sandgaard has in mind? The decisions about the likes of Pearce and Pratley will be instructive.

Is it going to be a full on Powell style rebuild from scratch? Or a more gradual, blended approach? Can/will we be getting three better defenders than Pearce?

I suspect Adkins will know considerably more about the long term vision than we do and planning accordingly.
  • He was still good yesterday but I actually thought it was one of his less impressive games for us. Got caught out positionally a couple of times and didn’t look quite as comfortable and commanding as he has. Pearce looked to most solid of the two of them yesterday. His return has undoubtedly made a big difference to the overall dynamic of the defence though.

Although Famewo and Pearce were doing okay, we just look balanced again with a right-footed left-footed pair and much as I like Oshilaja as a bloke, he’s definitely been Dodgy-Deji more often than not this season. And we just won’t get dominated physically now. 

I suspect Famewo might be back in the team but the end of the season as well because his pace adds another dimension that Pearce can’t offer but right now this back four picks itself on merit and form. 
  • He was still good yesterday but I actually thought it was one of his less impressive games for us. Got caught out positionally a couple of times and didn’t look quite as comfortable and commanding as he has. Pearce looked to most solid of the two of them yesterday. His return has undoubtedly made a big difference to the overall dynamic of the defence though.

Although Famewo and Pearce were doing okay, we just look balanced again with a right-footed left-footed pair and much as I like Oshilaja as a bloke, he’s definitely been Dodgy-Deji more often than not this season. And we just won’t get dominated physically now. 

I suspect Famewo might be back in the team but the end of the season as well because his pace adds another dimension that Pearce can’t offer but right now this back four picks itself on merit and form. 
    I'd definitely be playing Deji if Inniss breaks down again. Don't want Gunter or Pratley at CB, nor Famewo or Pearce on the wrong side. I think Deji has been a bit of a scapegoat, he made a few mistakes but he also had a really good run where he was probably our best player for 3/4 matches. However he can be a liability and although it's a longshot, promotion would be off the cards if Inniss breaks down again. 

Pearce has surprised me, I had written him off but fair play he's stepped up. We'd miss his leadership skills but still a no brainer for me, if Famewo is fit he starts next to Inniss. 
  • edited April 2021
    I don't think you can drop Pearce at the moment. He may need a rest in a few games when we start going Saturday Tuesday again.
  • Famewo showed nothing in his brief comeback that he should replace Pearce automatically imo
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    A fit Inniss could well be the best CB in the division and would easily cope with the Championship

But can you get 3 better players than Pearce?  Especially if we are in league 1.  That's the question with a lot of our players. There is no point getting rid if you can't get someone who is actually better.

People moan that we have to sign a dozen, plus, players every summer then want to get rid of everyone.  If you have someone like Pearce as your 4th choice center back, who is a positive influence in the dressing room and training ground, what's the point of getting someone else in? 
    Signing two better centre backs and one with potential to be better within a year or two isn’t unrealistic. We signed two last summer in Famewo and Inniss, and that was towards the end of the window and under the salary cap.

With older players like Pearce and Pratley it’s also about letting them go before they really decline. Norwich releasing Doherty after he helped them to promotion was a great example of that. JFH another example, Boro released him at the right time, we signed him a year or two too late.

Another consideration may be that Adkins feels we have a player in the academy ready to be 4th/5th choice.
  • Barker looks a real prospect but his next step is a loan. A loan to a club like Wimbledon would be good for him I think.