Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 Apr | 12:30pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    Having just read the comments from Paul Cook & seeing that Judge is now out I would hope we would go out all guns blazing & get a nice 2 or 3 goal lead by half time. Push their faces in the dirt & keep them there. 

I'm also hoping that Chuks will be on the bench & if Maatsen's not fit then start with Millar & DJ alongside Stockley. One thing is for sure, Nads has been at this game longer than Bowyer & knows what he is doing. 

Dont like to say it (because I prefer reverse psychology) but feel the winning run will continue.

3-1.
    Who are you using your reverse psychology on? Just yourself?
  • Options
    Well this is a real test, our home form. Win our home games and the play offs will be possible. Ipswich have had a similar inconsistent season to ourselves and I think we might cancel each other out, 1-1.
  • Options
    Can’t see us winning (same as last week) my XG , whatever that is, sees us having had the rub of the green recently and things will level themselves up .
    1-2 Ipswich

Charlton 33% 
    draw 33%
    ipswich 34%
  • Options
    The rub of the green like sunderlands defender 50p heading it onto the post and our striker hitting the post with a free header from 3 yards out?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Ipswich know that they will be back in with a chance if they win and out of it if they lose. A shake up can sometimes have an effect. Not always, but sometimes in the short term at least so I am expecting a tough game. I'm sure Adkins will be and we will be ready for it. If Ipswich capitulate it will be a bonus, but I think it will be a narrow hard thought win for us.

Hearing Adkins talk a few times, it seems clear to me he has a target points total. I think this takes pressure off the players as it affords them defeats.  If you are not afraid to lose, you can sometimes play better. He has referred to it but hasn't said what it is. He has said we can afford to lose games and reach it and I am pretty confident it is 74 points.
  • Options
    I don't know what's stronger, the anticipation of a win and a march into the play-offs or the fear of losing and another season up the Swanee.
  • Options
    Someone will win 2-1.
  • Options
    I think we will get the 3 points today 2-0
  • Options
    COYR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    2-0 home win in the Darren Bent derby. 
  • Options
    Ipswich know that they will be back in with a chance if they win and out of it if they lose. A shake up can sometimes have an effect. Not always, but sometimes in the short term at least so I am expecting a tough game. I'm sure Adkins will be and we will be ready for it. If Ipswich capitulate it will be a bonus, but I think it will be a narrow hard thought win for us.

Hearing Adkins talk a few times, it seems clear to me he has a target points total. I think this takes pressure off the players as it affords them defeats.  If you are not afraid to lose, you can sometimes play better. He has referred to it but hasn't said what it is. He has said we can afford to lose games and reach it and I am pretty confident it is 74 points.
    I think this is about right.

As things stand, 74 points is where the simulations indicate that there is a probability of greater than 50% that we will get a Play-Off place.

I prefer 75 points as the target.  Four wins and a draw.

This will all change (although maybe not by much) after today's games.

Maybe we need a new thread ... The Mathematics of Promotion.
  • Options
    What time does Valley Pass start broadcasting today?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    11:45am
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    11:45am
    Thanks
  • Options
    Need midfielders to attack the box and get shots off as we can't just rely on set pieces.
    We need Ipswich to come for the 3 points so we can show some good transition. Will Paul Cook's critism galvanize the tractor boys ?

Get fit soon Chuks and Conor, we need you.

• Options
    2-0 addicks and the reds go marching on on on. COYR
  • Options
    Looking forward to this...gonna be tough but Addicks to win 2-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adkins is so enthusiastic it must rub off on everyone! He even makes me feel enthusiastic!
  • Options
    Nige treating this home game like an away game and stayed in a hotel, assume Blackheath, overnight.
    Also with it being an early kick off, makes sense to prep and getting the right things right
  • Options
    Nige treating this home game like an away game and stayed in a hotel, assume Blackheath, overnight.
    Also with it being an early kick off, makes sense to prep and getting the right things right
    Just an observation rather than anything else but remember Bowyer adapting that strategy from Cardiff at home (?) onwards last season in an attempt to try and get a different mindset into the players after we'd been struggling with the early KO
  • Options
    Am looking to put a bet on Stockley to score a header but cant find it 😭
  • Options
    Am looking to put a bet on Stockley to score a header but cant find it 😭
    It is on top of his shoulders as always  :)