Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 April 2021 | 12:30pm

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't sound like were using our aerial advantage. I think we've still played okay listening on the radio
  • Options
    Gilbey having another really good game. Both our wingers are struggling, wish we had Morgan on the bench.
  • Options
    Gilbey having another really good game. Both our wingers are struggling, wish we had Morgan on the bench.
    I don’t!!
  • Options
    Boring game. No intensity from us, other than Gilbey who seems the only bloke switched on today. Even the body language is languid. Don't understand why - something about being at home perhaps. The few times we have had a break on, the runners have been hesitating, like they don't want to bother, or it's too hot. 
  • Options
    I’d bring my maternal grandmother in for Millar and my paternal grandmother in for DJ
  • Options
    We’re doing alright. Ipswich look like they’re there for the taking if we can deliver a bit more quality, but our bench is really lacking anyone who can come on and change the game. We look relatively comfortable at the back but those balls over the top look like they can always catch us out. Both our full backs are playing very well. Gilbey and Millar are threatening with their pace but we’re not feeding off Stockley enough, as he’s winning absolutely everything in the air. If we really need a goal it would be interesting to see Ronnie come on and and feed off Stockley’s knock downs but that would rely on a shape change and we might lose the midfield. If we can get a goal I think we’ll be ok today 
  • Options
    Pretty poor.  Weve got to go 4-4-2 if we are just going to lump it at stockley.  This system depends on our wingers playing well and getting up to support him. They are doing neither. Matthew’s MOM so far. Gilbey ok. Everyone else distinctly average. 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Surely Nige will a have a quiet word in their shell like's, and look forward to attacking The Covered End 2nd half
  • Options
    the free kicks and corners have been very poor, we also like very likely to be caught out by an Ipswich long ball.
  • Options
    Charlton 30%
    draw 39%
    Ipswich 31%

we have been guff 
    this league is guff 
    ipswich have been a tad better than guff

im still in love with Morts and Benty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Miller needs to do a lot more 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Him and DJ both do. It’s unfortunate we don’t have an alternative on the bench. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Currently Gilbey on 7.5, Pratley on a 5, the rest 6's.

Weird fixture. Neither side look like scoring.
    I'd go with this... Maybe Matthews and Inniss on a 7 too
  • Options
    Might be time for Ronnie too - get someone playing a bit closer to Stockley. 
    Especially if we're trying to play it in behind the space left by the full-backs
  • Options
    Morts  =  the S/e london version of Morgan Freeman. 
  • Options
    Bentie saying 'our' best chance /... love it 
  • Options
    We've not been "at it" but at least we organised and competing, unlike the dross we served for half of this season. 

I strangely do not mind watching us do the basics ok.

Without Aneke or Wash, sadly we will be lacking.
  • Options
    Need better decisions in the final third. 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    He has the opportunity today to stake a claim for his place in the team with Maatsen out, but has offered absolutely nothing. No idea why he is on the books at Liverpool. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might be time for Ronnie too - get someone playing a bit closer to Stockley. 
    I was thinking that, we don't have enough bodies in the box and the wide players aren't having much impact
  • Options
    Would like to see Clayden or Campbell on the bench this season, fast tricky wingers from our academy to give us an option.
  • Options
    Both CAFC and Ipswich Twitter is down on my computer, hence I am getting very little information, relying on everyone else to keep up=to-date
  • Options
    Not many goals in either The Championship or in League  one. Perhaps the early kick-off or the funeral is on their minds. 
  • Options
    I’ll take not conceding in the first half at home. Still very much in this 
  • Options
    Lincoln CV19 strategy paying off again :(
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Both CAFC and Ipswich Twitter is down on my computer, hence I am getting very little information, relying on everyone else to keep up=to-date
    Think twitter is completely down as cant log in at all
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    MK Dons 1-0 Portsmouth half time  :)B)
  • Options
    Sunderland dominating the possession at Blackpool by the looks of things
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!