Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 April 2021 | 12:30pm

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
Morning everyone, it's a lovely sunny day and we're fresh and rarin' to go!

Blimey, I sound like Mr Adkins. Today, after a month already as manager, is incredibly his first home game.
What does Nads have to say: "Morning everyone, it's a lovely sunny day and we're fresh and rarin' to go!" 

Or something like that.

It's the Tractor Boys today, a game we dare not lose and if we have any pretensions of playoffs, do ourselves a big favour if we win.
Ipswich have even brought their own referee with them ...... it's the same ref who was in charge earlier this season for our visit to Portman Road! 

Team lineup: Will it be "the team line up as printed in your programme", no changes - or freshened up?
Last we heard, there could be a doubt against young Ian Maartsen. Chuks may be fit though and Golfie dreams of seeing Rocket Ronnie. :smile:
Too soon for Washo, recovering from hamstringitis.

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Inniss, Pearce (C), Purrington; Gilbey, Pratley, Forster-Caskey; Jaiyesimi, Stockley, Millar 

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Gunter, Oshilaja, Famewo, Shinnie, Watson, Schwartz

It's all happening on Valley Pass:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

Don't miss the Scott Minto Show, starting at 11.45.
Special guest today ..... Darren Bent, Bent, Bent.

And @ooaahmortimer, amongst many, will be especially delighted to see Morts too!

Come On You Reds!

Comments

• Options
    Early kick off + Blue skies = Wish I was at The Valley!

Might just park up in the West Stand car park and watch it on the phone.

• Options
    @Oggy Red it’s Adkins ffs !!
  • Options
    Decent team that.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Not surprised to see Maatsen and Aneke absent after Nigel's comments the other day

We've got plenty more Football to play yet, including a trip to Plymouth on Tuesday so plenty of time for them to be involved.

Just hope we see an improvement from Millar
  • Options
    I want the old millar back.
  • Options
    Don’t hold your breath for Chucks. 
    He is hardly ever 100% fit and Nads don’t like that sort of thing. 
  • Options
    Don't like that bench much

3 defenders, 2 midfielders without pace, and a goalpoaching striker

No pace, no midfielder who can drive into the box
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Serious lack of attacking options on the bench. Surely worth bunging Clayden or someone in? 
  • Options
    Jinx
  • Options
    Problem is, no real game changers on the bench if we don't get it right first time. Also doubt we can make it to the playoffs with 2 fit strikers ( one of whom, Schwartz, not even proven). Big ask still.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Problem is, no real game changers on the bench if we don't get it right first time. Also doubt we can make it to the playoffs with 2 fit strikers ( one of whom, Schwartz, not even proven). Big ask still.
    I don't think either Aneke or Washington are that far away, I think we'll see both before the end of the season
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    I don't think either Aneke or Washington are that far away, I think we'll see both before the end of the season
    I think we may even see Washington playing some part in the game at Plymouth on Tuesday, it didn't sound as though he was too far away.
  • Options
    I think it's a big risk starting Millar it's a very positive choice.  My only concern is that do we have to win this game inside an hour? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Serious lack of attacking options on the bench. Surely worth bunging Clayden or someone in? 
    Don't worry, there's 2 centre backs on the bench ...... plus Gunter who can play there also if those subs get subbed! :smile:

• Options
    Aneke disappearing into the injury black hole again. Decent starting 11 but a very defensive bench, would’ve thought Smith or Albie for one of Deji or Akin would be a bit more balanced and flexible - probably Albie the better option. 

Hopefully plan A gets the job done and we’re not forced to overplay (and injure) Stockley in the coming run of 2 games a week. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    How we need a Darren Bent now,... great goal scoring highlights on the VP.
    Will be a great preshow with him and Morts, missing Curbs though.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Don't worry, there's 2 centre backs on the bench ...... plus Gunter who can play there also if those subs get subbed! :smile:

We'll need them to defend our 4 goal lead! I fully expect us to annihilate Ipswich today. Feel free to blame me if we don't!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How we need a Darren Bent now,... great goal scoring highlights on the VP.
    Will be a great preshow with him and Morts, missing Curbs though.
    He’s on the pitch, keep him there!
  • Options
    Adkins: "The next game is the most important game and keeping the team the same for continuity"

Good man! He speaks very well. Keeps this up and TS will hire him for the Rock band.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Adkins: "The next game is the most important game and keeping the team the same for continuity"

Good man! He speaks very well. Keeps this up and TS will hire him for the Rock band.
    I like how he's done his research into the referee and is aware he's already sent off Inniss this season
  • Options
    Nads talking right now:

"We need the referee to be on our side, etc ...."

Master plan, Nads. How many cups of coffee have you drank this morning?  :smile:

• Options
    What a breath of fresh air Nigel is
  • Options
    Happy with the line-up and think the subs bench looks ok for shoring things up - perhaps NA is super-confident that he has enough to get the job done from the start. 

He (or at least members of his staff) sees them more than any of us and knows how frail / close to returning they all really are.

As said by many others on here games are coming thick and fast. It’s the same for all the other clubs.

Looking for a confident spring in their step as they take to the Valley.

A home win would be nice and, at last for this season, doesn’t seem too unrealistic an expectation.

COYR
  • Options
    Jeez, I'm exhausted after listening to Nads.

Love his positivity though. Breath of fresh air.

• Options
    So refreshing that we're not changing our team and formation every week to 'deal with the opposition'. Same formation, near enough same 11, developing the same principles of play. The way it should be. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

I like how he's done his research into the referee and is aware he's already sent off Inniss this season
    Maybe why we have 2 CB's on the bench then. A no brainer, especially with 3 forwards out (yep including Maatsen there!)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!