Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 April 2021 | 12:30pm

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Interesting to see what Adkins does from here
    From where? 

We're warming into the game, albeit slowly.
    I'm not watching i just got the impression we were under the cosh?
  • Options
    We’ve woken up a little bit. Definitely opportunities on the counter through Millar and Gilbey
  • Options
    Nice bit of work from Purrington and JFC, but he can't quite get the ball to Gilbey in the area.
  • Options
    JFC way too much pace on the pass. That's where you want Shinnie or Morgan making the ball.
  • Options
    Its a shame JFC didnt spot Jaiyesimi instead of trying to thread a ball to Gilbey... Was in acres of space 
  • Options
    DJ has a nibble at the Ipswich player, and causes them to concede the throw on the right.
  • Options
    20'

Post update

Ryan Inniss (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Lincoln score btw.
  • Options
    Interestingly they don’t seem to be picking up Stockley when he wanders away from the centre halves unlike most teams. We can definitely exploit that as he’s almost got free rein to win those headers 
    I remember, years and years ago now, watching a bit of analysis on Sky on how Man Utd handled Duncan Ferguson. Big Dunc was winning absolutely everything in the air, as he tended to, so Utd just left him pretty much to it and concentrated on tracking runners and contesting the second ball. It worked very well. 
  • Options
    Its a shame JFC didnt spot Jaiyesimi instead of trying to thread a ball to Gilbey... Was in acres of space 
    That's his big weakness. No awareness for that kind of thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Erk, Matthews looked REALLY uncomfortable there, but manages to win a throw luckily.
  • Options
    Lincoln & Donny winning.....Accrington now drawing after going a goal behind.

I've got a feeling today is going to be a bad day for us.
  • Options
    No information from CAFC or Ipswich twitter
  • Options

Positive as usual 
  • Options
    1. 21'

Post update

Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 21'

Post update

Foul by Darren Pratley (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    ross1 said:
    No information from CAFC or Ipswich twitter
    Set up for a 0-0 as it stands but we're 23 (25) mins in.
  • Options

Positive as usual 
    No it's reverse psychology
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    We get a free kick near the front edge of the centre circle, but they have a player receiving treatment on the halfway line.
  • Options
    1. 23'

Post update

Foul by Stephen Ward (Ipswich Town).

2. 23'

Post update

Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Norwood coming off injured, he did that in the reverse fixture as well stran
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 24'

Post update

Foul by Teddy Bishop (Ipswich Town).

2. 24'

Post update

Darren Pratley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    Norwood hates playing us doesn't he... Although Jackson has pace so be curious to see how Inniss and Pearce cope with that
  • Options
    25' Ipswich sub | Norwood is replaced by Jackson. #cafc 0 #itfc 0
  • Options
    Norwood has to go off (their) Jackson on. JFC takes the free kick but it goes over everyone and is easily caught by their keeper
  • Options
    FFS that was shit Millar. Such a waste of a good position. 
  • Options
    😞Millar
  • Options
    Oh dear. Misunderstanding between Millar and Gilbey means the ball goes out harmlessly for a throw when we were in a good area.
  • Options
    Well done DJ, need him to get into this game a bit more. 
  • Options
    Sorry but that was crap.

Crap free kick 

Then  crap a minute later from Millar.

As Brownie just said- we haven't  made the most of our possession. 
  • Options
    DJ taken out in the centre circle and we have a free kick.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!