Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 April 2021 | 12:30pm

Comments

• Options
    Ball sent forward, but Stockley penalised on the RH edge of their area.
  • Options
    Seems like a pre-season friendly. Very casual
  • Options
    After our typical slow start, things have settled down. Think we’re missing Maatson but Millar frustrates the hell out of me. He’s running around in circles 
  • Options
    We’re in a spell of peak league 1 football here. Both teams with some really basic errors. 
  • Options
    Because last time I said this he started having a Stormer against Wimbledon....

I don't get Millar, he's a tricky winger who can't seem to pass the ball, beat a man or take a shot. What's the point in playing him? I'd have started another striker and play 2 up top today against a mediocre Ipswich in a dip in form and confidence
  • Options
    Millar isn't the same player since Adkins came in.

He may be a hard-working player but he doesn't look for passes he just makes them... That pass to Gilbey an.obvious example.
  • Options
    1. 28'

Post update

Stephen Ward (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 28'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    If you cut out Ipswich from playing out from the back, they are clueless 
  • Options
    As we say in golf.......

First in wins.

• Options
    DJ needs to commit to the run there. Couple of times he’s been a bit hesitant and on his heels today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Gilbey currently my top player of the half. Constantly closing, always available and looking for passes.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gilbey currently my top player of the half.
    Been outstanding so far
  • Options
    Jayden way to selfish there, should just roll it across for an easy finish
  • Options
    I thought Stockley was going to score with his feet!
  • Options
    How did Stockley not score though 
  • Options
    This keeper is having a tough time. Feel like Stockley could have made more of that chance 
  • Options
    Ooh! We cross from the left but their keeper spills it, and Stockley has a shot which the defender clears.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Jesus, this division is so poor this season. Any team promoted will have a real job on staying up.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Pratley a proper passenger today.

I think this is the kind of game we need more creative players than dirty ones.
  • Options
    Liam Millar is a very frustrating player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better Millar but no end product again. 
  • Options
    Wow, Millar didn’t lose it....
  • Options
    Millar dribbling down the left into the area, cuts back to Pratley on the edge of the area, but his shot hits Stockley? and goes out.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pratley a proper passenger today.

I think this is the kind of game we need more creative players than dirty ones.
    If you watch the game you don’t see Pratley

If you watch Pratley, you see the whole game ;)
  • Options
    1. 32'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 32'

Post update

Mark McGuinness (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Good tackle from Matthews and manages to win the goal kick as well.
  • Options
    Everything going down Matthews’ side, Purrington having a much easier match!
  • Options
    JFC plays the ball forward spotting a good run from Gilbey, but the keeper comes out to claim it.
  • Options
    They don’t really know what to do with Millar and Purry B is playing well. Need to drive more play down the left 
  • Options
    Good work between Millar and Purrington get Gilbey in to make a cross, but it ends up going out on the other side for our throw.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!