Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    I’m guessing Beilik is currently worth way way less than the eight million Derby owe Arsenal. I can’t see anyone paying cash money for him. A loan is the best way of getting him off the books. A championship club might look at a loan and that would I guess suit Beilik too, if he wants to remain in Polands squad. Not much help to Derby though.
  • Options
    We played a Derby development team last season, it was streamed but I can’t remember if it was U18 or U23 but they had some pretty good players.
  • Options
    Any money borrowed by the administrators will be incredibly expensive - no mainstream lender would take the risk, so they would need to go to the nether reaches of the debt market, and the interest rate would be mind boggling

The only way I can see Derby putting out a team at the moment is to promote their entire U23’s to first team, and play them - if they did somehow complete the season, then they would no doubt be relegated to Lge 2 because their squad wasn’t good enough

Total basket case of a club
    Transfer market suggests that by the end of this month there will only be a dozen of those left.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Asking because I don't know.  Will Beilk be able to get a work permit, or what ever he actually needs, if he hasn't been playing?
    The rules around who qualifies for a work permit to play professional football are complex, but in his case he shouldn't need anything because he was already here before we left the EU, so retains the right to be treated the same as a British player as long as he filled in the forms at the time. I guess there could be an issue if he wanted to stay living in the UK permanently and the only offer for him was from a club elsewhere, but other than that it won't be an issue.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Any money borrowed by the administrators will be incredibly expensive - no mainstream lender would take the risk, so they would need to go to the nether reaches of the debt market, and the interest rate would be mind boggling

The only way I can see Derby putting out a team at the moment is to promote their entire U23’s to first team, and play them - if they did somehow complete the season, then they would no doubt be relegated to Lge 2 because their squad wasn’t good enough

Total basket case of a club
    Transfer market suggests that by the end of this month there will only be a dozen of those left.
    I suppose in that case they could enter a local 7 a side league instead 😆
  • Options
    Selling Beilik won't be easy whilst they lay him.  Unlikely to get same wages elsewhere with his injury record.  If they stop paying him he can walk on a free.   
    How can you sell someone that you haven't fully paid for yet. They need to pay Arsenal the full amount before they can sell him -  none of this "we'll sell him for £10m & give you your £8m from the proceeds" malarkey.
    I would imagine teams sell players they have not fully paid for all the time.  
  • Options
    If they don't pay the wages this month, will they even be able to sell him?

Can't a player leave for free if he isn't being paid and therefore his contract isn't being fulfilled by the club?
  • Options

Can't a player leave for free if he isn't being paid and therefore his contract isn't being fulfilled by the club?
    I’m not sure he’ll get anywhere close to his current wage considering his last few years with regular injuries, so he may want to try and milk what he can from Derby. 
  • Options

I believe that it takes a two month non payment of wages before breach of contract allows players to leave.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I believe that it takes a two month non payment of wages before breach of contract allows players to leave.
    It has been reported that there are people willing to make sure that does not happen and that wages will be paid.
    No doubt that will not include the stumping up of the tax and NIC due on those monies to Revenue and Customs. More money we will all be chipping in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Asking because I don't know.  Will Beilk be able to get a work permit, or what ever he actually needs, if he hasn't been playing?
    The rules around who qualifies for a work permit to play professional football are complex, but in his case he shouldn't need anything because he was already here before we left the EU, so retains the right to be treated the same as a British player as long as he filled in the forms at the time. I guess there could be an issue if he wanted to stay living in the UK permanently and the only offer for him was from a club elsewhere, but other than that it won't be an issue.
    Thanks, I knew he was here before we left but not sure if he needed an additional work permit.
  • Options
    If he does buy them they will blow this league out of the water.  No ifs, no buts.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If he does buy them they will blow this league out of the water.  No ifs, no buts.
    If you listen to the clip posted above it sounds like Ashley is not in the running. He might have the money but if his is the lowest bid the Administrators wont deal with him. Their remit is to get the best price for the club they can. Also, if his bid is at such a value that creditors get less than 25p in the pound then Derby start the season with a 15 point deduction. 

I can see why the Administrators would prefer someone else.
  • Options
    Just on that last point - the administrators aren't allowed to care about the points deduction, only about maximising the money paid to creditors. So if the best offer is 20p in the pound and the creditors will accept that, the face that Derby fans will be upset about another point penalty is neither here nor there.

It's the creditors who are the potential blocker - they too have no reason to care about the points deduction, but if the amount offered is too low they are entitled to think "screw them", turn it down and get nothing. Some creditors will do that, especially if they think the person who crewed them over in the first place may profit from the deal (which he arguably will).

Either way, if Derby eventually go under without Ashley's offer being even put to a vote among creditors, the administrators will have some explaining to do.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dunno... They'll still have a whole squad to build
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If he took over today (he's not even the best bid though) and gave Rooney a 5m transfer budget then yes probably. But their takeover could still take weeks and the closer it gets to the transfer deadline the harder it will be for them. The majority of good players willing to play at this level will already be signed by other clubs and those that they do bid for will suddenly find their asking prices going right up because other clubs will know Derby are desperate to build a squad.

If they have a 15 point deduction as well then they'd potentially be looking at needing 95 points just to reach the play offs, so they might just decide to build this season ready to smash it in 23/24.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Agree, just like Ipswich did.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Agree, just like Ipswich did.
    Europe in 5 years..... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we play them at home on the 6th August. Let’s hope they are not allowed any recruitment until after then
  • Options
    Derby with Ashley
    Ipswich with deep pockets
    Sheff Weds with deep pockets
    Barnsley with deep pockets of they wanted to use them.
    Bolton, Peterbrough, Oxford, MKDons all decent teams
    I fear we have a long stay in L1 ahead.
    As nearly always in football you have to get a lot of things right to experience success. Money helps and lots of it helps a lot but it’s just as important to spend it well. I still maintain that the most important part of that jigsaw is getting in the right manager. We have a new one in Garner and if he gets it right I’m sure we’ll be right up there too.
  • Options
    League 1, will Rooney register as a player?
  • Options
    League 1, will Rooney register as a player?
    I don't think he looks in the best shape post-retirement tbh! (no criticism btw, he's probably still in better shape then me...)
  • Options
    Derby with Ashley
    Sheff Weds with deep pockets
    All of which will be cannibalising/competing with each other, not to mention that our own example (and to a lesser degree Ipswich) shows all too well that having money to spend doesn't mean it will be spent well.

Don't get me wrong, we will have to properly earn promotion and it's not going to be easy but I'd be very surprised indeed if at least one of those teams doesn't fall into a real rut.
  • Options
    Derby with Ashley
    Sheff Wed with deep pockets
    🤣 Not sure where you get the idea Wednesday are loaded? Read the finance report on them and you'll find those pockets are full of holes. 
  • Options
    It's certainly going to be a tough division, although Barnsley's owner has also said that, every other relegated side, they need to sell players following the drastic drop in TV money and other income. Indeed, I see that Cauley Woodrow went to Luton earlier this week. They do, however, have an impressive new manager in Michael Duff.

It comes to something when Derby's best hope appears to be a rather rotund White Knight coming over the horizon in the form of one Mike Ashley. 
  • Options
    How deep were Rotherham's pockets? Ipswich spent loads and nowhere near promotion. Rotherham probably didn't spend much and get promoted.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    iaitch said:
    How deep were Rotherham's pockets? Ipswich spent loads and nowhere near promotion. Rotherham probably didn't spend much and get promoted.
    Wednesday haven't spent anything yet. At least 12 out, including loans but also some high earners, 3 of whom refused to accept new contract offers. Of the 5 in so far, all have signed up after contracts with their former Clubs expired.