Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    If Ashley swoops in and picks them up for peanuts it’s bang out of order for all the debtors and I hope nobody extends them any credit ever again!

if it turns out they haven’t fully paid for Bielik but they get to profit from his sale how is that fair in any way?  Arsenal lose out and Derby profit from being dickheads and using loopholes
    Football debts must be repaid 100%, so as part of any takeover Arsenal will get the full fee. Derby can only profit is they sell him for more than they owe, and that ain’t happening with his injury record. 
  • Options
    3rd parties  = Mike Ashley 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I fully expect the game at the Valley to be postponed when we play them at this rate.

"Not enough Senior players in their team" will be the reason.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I fully expect the game at the Valley to be postponed when we play them at this rate.

Shouldn't matter. You play who is there. If it is youth players so be it. Unfair on the rest of the league to have it postponed 'because we weren't ready'
    EFL appears to be bending over backwards for them over everything else, so wouldn't surprise me
  • Options
    They are clearly trying yet another loophole or blag!  This really takes the piss
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

Shouldn't matter. You play who is there. If it is youth players so be it. Unfair on the rest of the league to have it postponed 'because we weren't ready'
    Happened a few years ago with Bolton though, they had 3-4 senior players at the start of the season, played a lot of kids and took some heavy beatings. But they called a game off in that run as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:

Happened a few years ago with Bolton though, they had 3-4 senior players at the start of the season, played a lot of kids and took some heavy beatings. But they called a game off in that run as well.
    As I recall Parkinson called one came off after playing a few to protect the younger players as he said it was detrimental to their health, which is understandable I think and I believe they did get punished for it. But they did at least try to play their fixtures with a very weak side.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Takeover completed, and they're out of administration.
  • Options
    Derby County's takeover by local property developer David Clowes has been completed, ending the League One club's nine months in administration.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61927037
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    So....its all done now then.

Be interesting to see what players they start bringing in. 
  • Options
    Good.
    Our game goes ahead.
  • Options
    Not Sandgarrd bashing but it will be interesting to compare Derby's fortunes to ours over the next few years. Clowes' statement says all the right things.....similar to TS  (apart from Prenier League in 5 years). Will actions match his words I wonder....??
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I think Derby might sell out their end at The Valley.
  • Options
    Pleased for the Derby fans. I suspect that this season will be one of consolidation for them, and that they'll smash L1 in 23/24.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Derby might sell out their end at The Valley.
    I suspect it will be like the Leeds game, plenty of "away" fans in the east stand.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Imagine Bury fans….
    I don’t want to see any club die but you can’t have one rule for small clubs and another for former giants. 

Still, quite a heartbreaking realisation for the bury fans, especially loyal dedicated supporters. 
    They must have followed the club through thick an thin, and then It all just disappears. 

It's hard to imagine how that must have felt. 

The thought of Charlton athletic actually completely disappearing is a heartbreaker. An AFC Charlton etc...just wouldn't be the same.
    It would simply just be all gone. The memories remain.

I don't think Charlton will ever be threatened with real administration. I think we are now at least in safe enough hands going forward.

Charlton will always be of interest to potential new owners. Bids will always be put forward for the club. 
    It's due to location and "potential".

• Options
    Pleased for the Derby fans. I suspect that this season will be one of consolidation for them, and that they'll smash L1 in 23/24.
    It’s interesting as they’re in a very similar position to Wigan last year. They only have 4 players left on their books and I’d imagine they’d want to ship them out quickly as they’ll be on mega money for league 1. Imagine how much Bielik is on! 

This will leave them with a completely clean slate which is actually far easier than the situation we found ourselves in last season of having to be really careful balancing the books with lots of dead wood still here taking up loads of the wage limit.

The biggest difference is that Wigan had more time to get themselves in gear. Which is why I think it’s a good thing we’re playing Derby early on.
  • Options
    watch the agents start holding out for big money now as the need to fill their spaces. 
  • Options
    They made 3 new signings already yesterday.
  • Options
    Would you want any of them...?  Mendez-Laing maybe?
  • Options
    there wage bill and transfer budget have been limited by the EFL. it is part of the business plan presented to the EFL,
    they have also lost most of last seasons best young players. probably for a pittance.
  • Options
    Would you want any of them...?  Mendez-Laing maybe?
    No, he is on the way down. If he was good, why have his last two moves been to league 1 clubs 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    there wage bill and transfer budget have been limited by the EFL. it is part of the business plan presented to the EFL,
    they have also lost most of last seasons best young players. probably for a pittance.
    Two to Palace sadly.