Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• This bloke seems to me to have serious wealth, but only bought the stadium thus far
  • Local property developer David Clowes says he will make a bid to buy Derby County on Friday after purchasing the League One club's Pride Park stadium.

His company, Clowes Developments (UK) Ltd, have also given a loan to the club to allow them to start next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61923835

• Anyone else notice that the club have referred to Derby as Wayne Rooney's Derby County in our key dates tweet?
  • clive said:

Local property developer David Clowes says he will make a bid to buy Derby County on Friday after purchasing the League One club's Pride Park stadium.

His company, Clowes Developments (UK) Ltd, have also given a loan to the club to allow them to start next season.

Sounds like this guy will get it sorted & may be their Jack Walker.....to a certain extent.

I reckon they will be ok & will be able to field a side against us on Aug 6th. 
  • clive said:

Local property developer David Clowes says he will make a bid to buy Derby County on Friday after purchasing the League One club's Pride Park stadium.

Sounds like this guy will get it sorted & may be their Jack Walker.....to a certain extent.

I reckon they will be ok & will be able to field a side against us on Aug 6th. 
    On their company website, it states that he and his son are DCFC season ticket holders, with his son having a season ticket since he was 10 years old - so definitely fans, which Derby fans will be happy about, albeit Mel Morris is also a fan
  • edited June 2022
  • Think in the long run they will be fine but Rooney going will delay the rebuild further if a takeover can happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• At least a few more fans would have attended that home game vs derby if Rooney was on the pitch side.

Bit of a shame money wise. Couple of extra ££ to minimise club ownership misery.
  • Be interesting to see how much of a shit the media give about Derby County now the Wayne Rooney's prefix no longer applies
  • With all the shit he has had to put up with why would he leave now!

strange
  • Swisdom said:
    With all the shit he has had to put up with why would he leave now!

strange
    Nah, now we know why Euell got moved on. Welcome to the team Wayne.
  • Sky must be gutted. Bet they had planned on scheduling “Wayne Rooney’s Derby County” on tv every week 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TelMc32 said:
    Sky must be gutted. Bet they had planned on scheduling “Wayne Rooney’s Derby County” on tv every week 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Not as gutted as Wayne Rooneys Derby...missing out on that money!
  • I read the statement.

The owners/administrators made the mistake of begging him to stay.

If he says he wants to go, then just let him wish him well and then get another manager.

Don't dramatise it and don't get all desperate. The club fought hard last season, but they still got relegated. 

Can always ask Neil Warnock if he wants to come out of retirement...
  • Wayne Rooney leaves Wayne Rooneys Derby County
    That was a funny one.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon the (prospective) new guy said “I’m not paying that for a manager” and Wayne has replied “fair do’s, I’ve got some legal stuff to think about, but let me walk rather than sack me right after you buy the club”
  • Strange that the statement mentioned Colleen and the four boys. Can’t think of any other statement in the world that’s name dropped a managers family member and wished them well.

Sums up perfectly how the world viewed Wayne Rooney’s Derby County.
  • This is good news for us. He worked wonders with them last season to even make them competitive.

I think we’ve done really well to get them very early in the season too when I don’t think they’ll be at all ready.
  • Wonder if Liam Rosenior will get promoted into the role. 

Blackpool were after him recently. 
  • I remember reading the other day that Rooney had been supporting Kirchner's bid to buy Derby. Wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the deal/ownership and now someone else is set to takeover he knows his salary would be challenged.

More to it than meets the eye.
    Apparently Rooney’s agent was in line for quite a senior role in the Kirchner administration as well, so he was very much tied into it.
  • Wonder if Liam Rosenior will get promoted into the role. 

Blackpool were after him recently. 

This would be the obvious appointment in terms of continuity and costs. Always been impressed with Rosenior as a pundit 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    This is good news for us. He worked wonders with them last season to even make them competitive.

I think we’ve done really well to get them very early in the season too when I don’t think they’ll be at all ready.
    Agree. I always think that it's best if you get the relegated teams and avoid the promoted teams in the first five games. 
    Teams like Rotherham readjust better than others unused to a division but it's still best to get them at the start. Derby could take even longer than 5-10 games to reorganise themselves.