Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    Serious point of order.

If the majority of the 72 have taken these monitored loans/grants can't they vote to waiver embargos? 
  • Options
    Not excusing the disgraceful way Derby have fiddled the system, but to be fair this is the problem caused by specific EFL rule restricting the squad number BUT including players who shouldn't actually be included by any "realistic" criteria.

We were similarly stuffed a year ago when our allowed squad size was restricted and the 23 included academy players over 18 who had played in makeshift EFL Cup and FA Cup sides, and further meant that if we gave a 19 year old a game, he'd be part of the 23 but someone younger like Charlie Barker wouldn't be

Derby shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, because we weren't, but I don't think the rules as it stands is entirely right.

• Options
    Not excusing the disgraceful way Derby have fiddled the system, but to be fair this is the problem caused by specific EFL rule restricting the squad number BUT including players who shouldn't actually be included by any "realistic" criteria.

We were similarly stuffed a year ago when our allowed squad size was restricted and the 23 included academy players over 18 who had played in makeshift EFL Cup and FA Cup sides, and further meant that if we gave a 19 year old a game, he'd be part of the 23 but someone younger like Charlie Barker wouldn't be

Derby shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, because we weren't, but I don't think the rules as it stands is entirely right.

Remember when Derby played Chorley in the FA Cup and there whole squad and u23s had to isolate?

Well all those under 18s now count as "players" due having played in that game.  If they didn't have them they would be able to sign a few free agents now. 

I wonder what a club will do in that situation next time? 
  • Options
    I wonder what the EFL would judge as a fair wage for a Championship club  ?

Also - only a years contract. I wonder how many players will go for that. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Remember when Derby played Chorley in the FA Cup and there whole squad and u23s had to isolate?

Well all those under 18s now count as "players" due having played in that game.  If they didn't have them they would be able to sign a few free agents now. 

I wonder what a club will do in that situation next time? 
    So the cheats have been bitten in the arse by a loop hole…..good
  • Options
    If it wasn't Derby I would think it was a good decision. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    No they havent. Read the BBC article, and surprise, the EFL have given them an exception
    I wonder what other clubs subject to the embargo think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    No they havent. Read the BBC article, and surprise, the EFL have given them an exception
    I wonder what other clubs subject to the embargo think
    if anyone has had to include u18s previously they will surely be furious? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Blasphemy! Havent you got stuff to do, Paulie?
    (actually I am inclined to agree with you, but such a shame it's Derby)
    Hope its all going well for you today
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Blasphemy! Havent you got stuff to do, Paulie?
    (actually I am inclined to agree with you, but such a shame it's Derby)
    Hope its all going well for you today
    Still got an hour to i get the keys lol, sat here trying to pass the time 🤣🤣
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If it wasn't Derby I would think it was a good decision. 
    Just a shame that was a reason we werent allowed to add to our squad this time last year.

I cant remember how many first team players we had, but presume it was more than nine, hence the difference in decision?
  • Options
    Honestly, why would you sign Ravel Morrison if you're limited as to who you can buy?

Its like being told you have £1,000 left to spend on food for a year but you spend £900 on a hooker for a few hours!!
    I doubt he comes cheap, so presume the limit on spending is actually quite high. 
  • Options
    Or Rooney is giving him free access to his 'stash'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Honestly, why would you sign Ravel Morrison if you're limited as to who you can buy?

Its like being told you have £1,000 left to spend on food for a year but you spend £900 on a hooker for a few hours!!
    The problem would be explaining to the wife why theres not a lot of shopping
  • Options
    Interesting that the other 2 are out of contract players who were there last season
  • Options

Managers will always want to take the gamble, especially in Derby's position when they are skint.

If he gets his head down and plays to his ability, then he'll be one of the best players in the division. Obviously that's a very big 'if' though.
  • Options

Managers will always want to take the gamble, especially in Derby's position when they are skint.

If he gets his head down and plays to his ability, then he'll be one of the best players in the division. Obviously that's a very big 'if' though.
    Yeah I think its too big an "if" now sadly... But we've all made mistakes in our lives that we all probably look back on and regret

Just hope that Rooney (someone he'd have been with @ Man Utd) can be the help that he needs.

He'd have scared the Italians shitless had he reached his potential - Will never forget that West Ham goal @ Spurs
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I thinks the least of his problems when he gets home tonight 👀👀
    You got those WhatsApp messages too. Poor sleepy lad.

😂
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I thinks the least of his problems when he gets home tonight 👀👀
    What's he done now?