Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

Comments

• Options
    Captain Cleanshorts making a Kish style tackle in the centre circle there.
  • Options
    Fairly obvious that schwartz either isn’t in Adkins’ plans , or he’s been allowed time to get his head straight & prepare for next season! 

Bonkers to not even have him on the bench as an option 
  • Options
    Maybe Ronnie has returned to Denmark if nobody has spotted him warming up/training of late? 
  • Options
    I agree with you Paul fox if your fit enough for the bench your fit enough to play.I just don’t get it playing one up front with two wide players isolating stockley it just  won’t work if your going to play two wingers at least play them on the right wings otherwise both Crewe full backs will stand on their strong foot forcing them both down the lines forcing mattsento try and cross with his right foot and millar trying to cross with his left foot a recipe for disaster.
    for me Aneke and Washington up front and Shinnie in a midfield four. My earlier prediction was 3-0 charlton but putting that side out I’ve changed it to 1-1 l hope I’m wrong
  • Options
    LOL! Loving Jase dropping Matt in it about not being able to tell the difference between our and Plymouth's kit in a pre-season friendly.
  • Options
    Thankfully few teams play in green!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    LOL! Loving Jase dropping Matt in it about not being able to tell the difference between our and Plymouth's kit in a pre-season friendly.
    How did he see red shirts on green pitches? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So if you're fit enough to play 15 mins from the bench if we're losing, some fans would prefer they start the game and have to be subbed after 15 mins. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    aliwibble said:
    How did he see red shirts on green pitches? 
    The same way we see green shirts on green pitches!
  • Options
    Not sure I’ve ever heard Matthews talk before. Sounds a bit like Rhod Gilbert!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Fairly obvious that schwartz either isn’t in Adkins’ plans , or he’s been allowed time to get his head straight & prepare for next season! 

I've not seen anything from him that makes me think he deserves to be on the bench over any of the other players. 

• Options
    Charlton players and their accents are really deceptive

Stockley, Washington and now Matthews sound nothing like Id expect
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Not surprised with that team. I would have rotated one or two more to keep legs fresh, but I don't know the medical details
    No point saving legs if we don’t win this one. Got to go with consistency as long as possible unlesss someone isn’t performing.
    Potentially still 6 games after this one, so we don't want any fatigue related muscle injuries
    If the replacements don’t perform we won’t get six games.
  • Options
    Not sure I’ve ever heard Matthews talk before. Sounds a bit like Rhod Gilbert!
    I've definitely not heard him talk, that completely threw me, I didn't expect that voice
  • Options
    Warm-ups are in the bag
    Kick-off is just around the corner...

imageimageimage
  • Options
    We are gonna smash them tonight - at least 4 - 0 to the Addicks 

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

I've not seen anything from him that makes me think he deserves to be on the bench over any of the other players. 

Whilst I agree with that, may be alone here but surely having as many attackers & versatile players on the bench is the goal isn’t it? 

• Options
    Here's hoping the man in the middle doesn't ruin this one
  • Options
    OK, my broadband is being a bit glitchy tonight, so I may have to be a bit more sparse on commentary than usual.
  • Options
    Sadly I think with Shinnie Nigel knows he won't be here next season and doesn't rate his qualities enough to warrant a place over Morgan who is one to develop for the future. Real shame as he's got the pass to unlock a tight defence 
  • Options
    Here's hoping the man in the middle doesn't ruin this one
    You need more than hope with Kettle
  • Options
    Sadly I think with Shinnie Nigel knows he won't be here next season and doesn't rate his qualities enough to warrant a place over Morgan who is one to develop for the future. Real shame as he's got the pass to unlock a tight defence 
    could be right
  • Options
    Teams have only just come out, do I have a display on the video again?
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't suppose there's any radio coverage of this game is there? I'm on the west coast (11am) at work and can't just open my laptop in front of my colleagues and put CAFC on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!