Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    I turned it on without much enthusiasm 43 minutes in. 0 shots on target from either team, a statistic that just about sums up the shit I've been watching this season. 

I ended up taking the piss out of our own team doing sarcastic wooooooos whenever we made a forward pass on the ground.

The cat poo I found on the lawn cutting the grass was more attractive than our football.
  • Options
    ^^Type your comment
    Well done, but can't bring myself to like that post...

• Options
    That was painful to watch

Minto and Curbs worrying about Pompey but we are 6 goals worse than Oxford there’s no way we will make that up if they win

We will finish 8th and frankly that’s where we probably should be 
    Oxford no longer matter to us

We have to win our final two games to go up, Portsmouth cant win their final game.

If we achieve our target, Oxford cant finish above us, if we dont achieve our target of two wins then we dont go into the Play-Offs as we wont go above Portsmouth.

Only other permutation is we draw one, win one game

In which case we need Portsmouth to lose their final game, and we'd need a swing of four goals in our favour to over come their Goal Difference - In that case we would need Oxford to lose else a draw would see their GD come into account, a win for Oxford would put them 6th.
    How can Oxford no longer matter to us??
    This. Oxford matter to us if only because Hasselwank is manager. They are the League One equivalent to Sheff Weds.
  • Options
    Didn't have massive expectations from this squad but I certainly expected a bit more quality than this. A lot of our players are past their best and it's hard to get too excited about the younger players.

We really are much worse than I expected.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Oh well we will go again tomorrow , the sun will still be shining and the birds will be singing!
    Not Adkins fault.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Just checked in after a lovely day walking in Lydford Gorge, buying a load of second hand books from Tavistock charity shops and making a world-beating Jalfrezi & channa masala with a bottle of Peroni Gran riserva on the go.  No football.

Were we shit again?
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Glad I missed this one. In the unlikely event we win the next 2 games I still wouldn't fancy us in the playoffs. We're just not good enough this season. 

Big rebuild in the summer with an ambitious owner is what we should all be looking forward to. 
    If we can beat Lincoln and Hull on the trot, we're probably good enough for the playoffs 
    Forgetting that Portsmouth beating Accrington will make things academic.
  • Options
    Terrible performance. Aneke our best striker and arguably our best player should have started so many more games. Shinnie similarly is one of our best midfielders yet has hardly featured. I know these are players that Adkins has inherited but their ability is clear to see. I do hope that we have a manager that offers more than just sound bites. I do want him to do well btw I’m just concerned after the last 3 games.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Whoever is in charge of replays needs to be tortured 
    Tortured is obviously going too far but it's another argument for me to add for why 10 quid a match is overpriced. The quality of camera work is generally poor and the picture quality is poor compared to normal TV. Not worth more than 3-5 quid.
    How many games have you watched?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I turned it on without much enthusiasm 43 minutes in. 0 shots on target from either team, a statistic that just about sums up the shit I've been watching this season. 

I ended up taking the piss out of our own team doing sarcastic wooooooos whenever we made a forward pass on the ground.

The cat poo I found on the lawn cutting the grass was more attractive than our football.
    The shit my toddler did in the bath just before the game should've been a sign of things to come. 
  • Options
    Just checked in after a lovely day walking in Lydford Gorge, buying a load of second hand books from Tavistock charity shops and making a world-beating Jalfrezi & channa masala with a bottle of Peroni Gran riserva on the go.  No football.

Were we shit again?
    You will be after that jalfrezi :-)  
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Glad I missed this one. In the unlikely event we win the next 2 games I still wouldn't fancy us in the playoffs. We're just not good enough this season. 

Big rebuild in the summer with an ambitious owner is what we should all be looking forward to. 
    If we can beat Lincoln and Hull on the trot, we're probably good enough for the playoffs 
    We could beat them both 3-0 and it might not be good enough. Oxford only have to win and in that scenario their better GD will mean they pip us.
  • Options

Were we shit again?
    Sensible fella.
  • Options
    Wanted us to go at Accrington all guns blazing. Instead we got a damp squib. Simply not good enough.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Tortured is obviously going too far but it's another argument for me to add for why 10 quid a match is overpriced. The quality of camera work is generally poor and the picture quality is poor compared to normal TV. Not worth more than 3-5 quid.
    All of them, at least from half time, except at home to Blackpool. The quality is always bad 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    All of them, at least from half time, except at home to Blackpool. The quality is always bad 
    Home quality is decent by comparison, but it is still the iFollow feed, so the club is limited in what it can provide. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Worst part about that is we'll still probably be delaying contract talks cause we still "dont know what league we'll be in"
    No one should be getting new contracts anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Hoping this is the shit end to the season, before we steam the league like we did with Powell at the helm. I'm holding on to that to keep myself from posting pure, expletive riddled, vitriol.
  • Options
    I really like the attitude of Stockly but for me he is a busted flush now. Other teams know all we are going to do is lump high balls up to him and although he tries 100% if that is all your doing it's easy to stop. JFC I really dont get all the people on here saying how good he is, imo he fails to deliver far more often than he actually does. I dont think there will be many of this squad still here next season. Hopefully Gallen is on the phone tonight talking to some young hungry players with the right attitude that can be tempted to join us and be in at the start of our climb 
  • Options
    How did he expect us to get the ball down and start playing football and creating chances when he leaves players like Morgan, Millar and Shinnie on the bench !
    Really dire today, one piece of quality earned us a point, but too little too late.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The club isn’t in control of the match pictures from Accrington AFAIK. It is at the mercy of the local production team. That said, I think not to acknowledge the fact the goal had been missed and apologise afterwards was a very poor decision.

Not sure who is supposed to be calling out Adkins? 

• Options
    I would hope and assume that TS has given NA assurances that he will have a few bob to invest in the summer, because for much of this season we haven't been good enough, there have been far too many spells of below par performances, the injuries really hampered also. 
  • Options
    Those criticising team selection. Exactly which players are they wanting him to pick? From my point of view the only obvious ones are Aneke, can't play 90 mins which is a problem and people are forgetting he looks far more dangerous when he comes on as oppos d to starting. Matthews, agree he is a much better choice than Gunter who has been woeful but Matthews has played a lot of minutes lately and put big shifts in, he needed treatment on Tuesday so probably why he didn't play today. Purrington, similar to Matthews and Maatsen is fine when we're playing wing backs.

Other than that I really can't think of any suitable choices. I wouldn't have had Watson in today, I like Shinnie but Gilbey has been good lately and puts more of a shift in.
  • Options
    Didn’t believe anybody could get worse performance out of this squad than Bowyer. Step forward Adkins, you managed to shine the Turd today. That was truly truly awful........ 
  • Options
    The club isn’t in control of the match pictures from Accrington AFAIK. It is at the mercy of the local production team. That said, I think not to acknowledge the fact the goal had been missed and apologise afterwards was a very poor decision.

Not sure who is supposed to be calling out Adkins? 

I was watching Accrington stream and didn't miss the goal.