Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021| 12noon

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Has anyone ever heard someone say "Jesus wept" in real life outside of CL?
    Yup.  
  • Options
    Their no3 is subbed off and we restart
  • Options
    Not been good enough all season and the players should be ashamed to have it on there cv there’s not 6 squads better than us

Not seeing games out and missing vital chances late on has cost us this season. 

Massive clear out over the summer and rebuild. 
  • Options
    You must believe in the bloody tooth fairy and santa if you seriously thought that both Oxford and Pompey would screw up today.
    Plus we need to win.

The planning started for next season before this game even KO.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    Schwartz pen was good though? 

Can we have an extra point for that please EFL :( ?
    Could be a real sliding doors moment. If we don’t get in we have only ourselves to blame though. Our results this last two months have been generally very good (performances maybe a bit less so at times) but lots and lots of silly points dropped this season. We really should already be safe in the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Can we blame Schwartz yet for that penalty miss a few months back? 
    Only if you equally blame Washington and Stockley for missing theirs

Seems they keep getting away with the fact that those saw four points dropped...
  • Options
    Coyle has switched to the left, with Emmanuel on the right.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Looking at the Burton team today , I cant help but think they slightly under strength compared to the previous matches
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Yup.  
    ....anyone under the age of 50?  :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh ffs. All momentum going out of this
  • Options
    And now another Hull player is down in the D, apparently after Inniss landed on his foot after heading the ball away.
  • Options
    Another stoppage now, with Greaves down on the ground.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Yep, my dad used to say it quite a lot
  • Options
    Portsmouth are losing ffs throw the kitchen sink at it!
    Its back in our hands at the moment

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Is that a bad thing at the moment? - Its not like we've dictated play
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    aliwibble said:
    That last minute penalty at Oxford looking more and more costly at the moment.
    What’s the obsession with that penalty?
    should have beaten Crewe - and held on for seconds...
    stockley scores that penalty against p’boro and its a potential point at minimum

too many times this season, we’ve neglected to either see out games or just not taken our chances
    Because it was the proverbial 6-pointer.

One thing in Schwartz's defence it was a decent penalty.....at least he didn't try a Panenka like Aguero did last night.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Chance to reset half time. Still time for Chuks etc.
  • Options
    Jesus wept, its amazing how quickly people give up on here
    We’re not good enough to go through via play offs anyway so not a disappointment for me at the moment. Look forward to next season 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    When we had games in hand over Oxford a lot of people on here said they won't be a problem, and o said all Karl will care about it is the fact they already have the points on the board and the pressure would be on us to then catch back up. Nd that's what's happened, they've got the points already and relied on us to slip up, which we did, and all they need to do now is better Portsmouth. That goal that Crewe scored when we couldn't hold the ball in the corner with 30 seconds to go, was the biggest single point I can point to that has led us to this moment
    Not the missed penalty against Oxford then? 
    That stands out as well, but the Crewe game was more recent and the extra 2 points there, so late in the season, with momentum, it would have made the last couple of games a lot easier
    Or the penalty miss against Peterborough
    That might not have ment 3 points, or even 1.  The Oxford one was the last kick of the game and ment they couldn't get in the play offs today. 
    But we could look back on a number of moments in the season

As could Portsmouth, as could Oxford, as could anyone

Does my nut in when people try to blame one incident on where its gone wrong
    I am not, I am saying that the Crewe goal wasn't the be all and all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Coyle has switched to the left, with Emmanuel on the right.
    Good for Coyle - he is close to his caravan in the car park for the next 15 mins. 
  • Options
    Gonna be the last game still playing ain’t we...for fucks sake that could be painful depending on other results
  • Options
    Greaves is up and fine to continue.

• Options
    That’s how you pass through a high press. 
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    The missed pen against Oxford is the most gutting thing. Crewe late conceder also gutting. So many 90+ dropped points. Ffs.
    Said every football team ever
    At the end of the day people will say you make your own luck and the players havent been good enough at times. However it does seem a lot has gone wrong this season ...embargo, wage cap, late takeover, wonder goals, missed pens, dodgy refs, last minute goals, high number of points needed to get in the playoffs ect ect 
  • Options
    SSN: Accres on top and Pompey cannot get out of their half
  • Options
    Hull passing around in their own box makes me nervous even though it might be to our advantage :)
  • Options
    I said months ago that I'd hate to be in the play off final & not being able to go. Never missed a final h would hate to have to watch it on tv.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!