Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021| 12noon

Comments

• Options
    Half time 0-0
  • Options
  • Options
    Accrington get the ball in the net again but offside. 
  • Options
    I can't stand Wilks, seems like an utter tool and has been shut out that whole half, hopefully it stays that way.

Unlucky I say, close game
  • Options
    Nice to see Portsmouth f****** things up, always a decent away trip.
    Assuming away fans allowed in.
  • Options
    We didn’t start that well but finished the better side and maybe deserved a goal through Washington/Stockley. 

Think Gilbey has had a few opportunities to shoot so hope to see more of that 2nd half. Forget all the games before today, would be happy to win, we can’t do anything about results elsewhere. 
  • Options
    When the margins are this close, I would be replaying every last minute/sloppy conceded goal in my head if I were on that team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    We are limp
    You want the Phizer jab then mate 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Think we’ve played alright. This is supposedly the best side in the league.

If anything it just highlights our failings more. We should’ve gone up this season.
    I’ve no doubt we would have done if Adkins had been here last Summer. Makes me feel very positive for next season. 
  • Options
    Those Pompey fans must be losing their sh*t at home. More so than I am for sure. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

If anything it just highlights our failings more. We should’ve gone up this season.
    Big difference between playing them if they needed a result and playing them now when they've already won the league though
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    With all the ownership goings on in the club and just not having the quality or application on field where it matters, it sounds like we have more or less matched the champions. What a strange league.

I will take that now and hope we steam div 3 next year with a new squad.

BUT...
  • Options
    Piss off Wilks, tries to go past one v one against Famewo and just falls over when blocked
    Can’t stand him. Talented player but never like him since he was at Doncaster. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'd take off Stockley and Morgan early second half for Aneke and Purrington, and go for it with Maatsen and Millar wide, 2 up top and Gilbey and Watson in the middle
    Wouldn't fancy Purrington against Wilks to be honest.
  • Options
    Without our best striker it's difficult but at least all the players have turned up today. 

Hull even in 3rd gear and without a couple of their top players, are worthy champions.

As Oxford are going to win, just as well Conor didn't take that ball down and score as we don't want to lose him to a championship team before next season starts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Big difference between playing them if they needed a result and playing them now when they've already won the league though
    Hasn’t stopped Bournemouth/ Burnley/ Leeds in previous years though.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    sam3110 said:
    I'd take off Stockley and Morgan early second half for Aneke and Purrington, and go for it with Maatsen and Millar wide, 2 up top and Gilbey and Watson in the middle
    Wouldn't fancy Purrington against Wilks to be honest.
    Maatsen been up field a lot though, Famewo was the one handling him a lot
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It’s in our hands, 7-0 win and we’ll do it.
    You joke, but this the kind of mad shit we do when get promoted. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It’s in our hands, 7-0 win and we’ll do it.
    Last home game of the season 1967/68 against Hull we won 5-1...I’d take that
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    JFC PoTY.

Would have preferred Washy to have won but in a desert of shiteness this season he's been an oasis of goodness.
  • Options
    Nice to see Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink continues to be shit for Charlton. Big bummed tosser

Have a like & a LOL from me...👍
  • Options
    Burton have scored 62% of their goals in the second half of games this season.
  • Options
    No brace or crutches etc for JFC so I'm hoping that means it's not a full rupture?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!