Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021| 12noon

Comments

• I got a bit emotional listening to JFC there I think it’s cos I’m tired having got up for the boxing or I’m getting softer in my old age 
    Same haha, his words came across very genuine and one of the few players I like from the Roland era 
  • Cottee on SSN: Charlton will have to get Chucks on soon
  • edited May 2021
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He has signed a new contract hasn't he? 
    Based on something he said?
    I would like to think we give him a short term contract until Jan 2022 & once fit he can find a new club. Not good enough if we want promotion. 
  • edited May 2021
    I know we all say it a lot, but I could listen to Curbs all day, such a good talker and character
    He’s a rarity in the pundit game, as well, in that he was actually a successful manager, rather than one who fell into punditry when his managerial career failed. Lends his words extra weight imo. 
  • Maatsen caught out of position in the middle so Famewo has to charge wide to clear.
  • THAT FUCKING CROSSBAR
  • Nice bit of harrying from Morgan to win the ball back
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He has signed a new contract hasn't he? 
    Based on something he said?
    I would like to think we give him a short term contract until Jan 202 & once fit he can find a new club. Not good enough if we want promotion. 
    We have a duty of care to get him fit etc but to pay him till he’s fit and let him go?
  • Oooh! Good work between Maatsen and Millar, whose cross is headed against the woodwork by Stockley.
  • Sponsored links:

• 50' CROSSBAR! Millar's cross is met by a Stockley diving-header special which crashes of the top of the woodwork. #cafc 0 #hcafc 0
  • Great header Stockley. Very unlucky. That’s two decent crosses in the same game. A record for this season?
  • Did JFC say it was a strain or partial tear?  I'm guessing a partial tear if he said back December?  Whatever all the best to JFC and wish him a brilliant return.
  • SSN on Pompey: Pompey are now better and have already had four chances in the second half
  • Hull switch the play to Wilks and he cuts inside but we nick the ball off him, and go forward.
  • Arghhhhhhhh... How didnt Millar score
  • Ooooh close
  • Getting closer. Good effort Millar. 
    1. 50'

Post update

Offside, Hull City. Mallik Wilks tries a through ball, but Josh Magennis is caught offside.

• Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Think we’ve played alright. This is supposedly the best side in the league.

If anything it just highlights our failings more. We should’ve gone up this season.
    Big difference between playing them if they needed a result and playing them now when they've already won the league though
    Hasn’t stopped Bournemouth/ Burnley/ Leeds in previous years though.

We weren’t a top 8 club when we played those games
  • Sponsored links:

• Ooh! Shot from Millar near the corner of the area goes just wide.

• 51' CLOSE! Millar sends a good effort bending narrowly past the right-hand upright from the edge of the box. #cafc 0 #hcafc 0
  • come on Burton !!¬!!!
  • Maatsen and Millar doubling up on Wilks but Millar concedes the throw.
  • 3 0 Oxford 

• Burton keeper what have you done there! 
  • 3-0 Oxford.

Awful goalkeeping. 
  • Burton keeper is a mook
  • Watson nips in to win possession, sends Millar up the line and he wins a throw near the dugouts.
  • Oxford 3-0 terrible error from goalkeeper, let the soft ball go under him
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!