Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021| 12noon

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't look like he has any significant strapping on his knee. 
  • Options
    Gutted for JFC ! Been great for us......
  • Options
    He has signed a new contract hasn't he? 
  • Options
    Talking about missing the first few months of next season, probably back December January time he hopes.
  • Options
    JFC says he is hoping Dec / Jan to be back.
  • Options
    December January time JFC hoping to return (no year specified) 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The miserable bastard in me says that the fact JFC is player of the year says all you need to know about why we aren’t getting promoted but I also like JFC and think he fully deserves the award this season. In particular, during that rough run we had I felt he was the main one really trying to drag us through matches. Whether he’s quite good enough to do that is debatable but he can only do the best he can with the talents he has and I think he’s done that this season. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Jake does sound like a very positive guy, and obviously loves it here and the fans, well done Jake and POTY really well deserved, and as just stated looking forward to being back next year, so contract done then hopefully, all the best Jake.
  • Options
    So glad we're doing right by Jake. Glad he won the POTY award. On a side note, Scott Minto gets my vote for signing of the season. It's still surreal to see him on CATV.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on something he said?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC had a leg brace on this morning.
  • Options
    Jake sounds quite emotional to me but also sounds like he wants to stay? I would absolutely love him to stay, comes across a sound bloke and as someone who always accused him of flattering to deceive I was completely wrong, tidy player. 

Well deserved POTY
  • Options
    Well said Curbs.
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half. 45 minutes to go... #cafc
  • Options
    I got a bit emotional listening to JFC there I think it’s cos I’m tired having got up for the boxing or I’m getting softer in my old age 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on something he said?
    Yeah then he looked quite shy when Curbs said he was out of contract.  
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Think we’ve played alright. This is supposedly the best side in the league.

If anything it just highlights our failings more. We should’ve gone up this season.
    We'll go up next season, keep the best players from this lot and make some clever signings and we will do it, 100% confident of that.

Hull fans wanted McCann sacked not too long ago, the league is weak generally speaking 
    The fact we've been generally shit for large parts of this season and were still in the play off hunt on the last day is what gives me the hope that with a good pre-season and proper signings, we'll be right in the promotion hunt next season.
  • Options
    Are the players looking a bit glum?  Must've heard the other results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Second half under way. No half time subs.
  • Options
    I got a bit emotional listening to JFC there I think it’s cos I’m tired having got up for the boxing or I’m getting softer in my old age 
    Do you need to go poo?
  • Options
    Throw chuks on
  • Options
    I know we all say it a lot, but I could listen to Curbs all day, such a good talker and character
  • Options
    Washington bundled over on the edge of the centre circle and the ref gives us a free kick.
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Foul by Jacob Greaves (Hull City).

2. 46'

Post update

Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    Matthews to take, but it ends up going straight to the keeper.
  • Options
    Throw chuks on
    Dangerous thing to do.  Spent all year protecting him from injury.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!