Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Having potentially a worse transfer window than one under Roland takes some doing. 

We need a lot of players, and only have 3 weeks to get them in. 
    When did Roland spend 800,000 ?
  • what’s he supposed to say. We nearly had one in but his dad died?

he said there would be more players coming in, we just need to trust him 
    And he already learnt not to say yes we will have two this week because he knows his the fans react 
  • edited August 2021
    Who is this fella?
    Ged Roddy's other son - Errol Roddy.
    Had me proper belly laughing that @MickeyBennett , brilliant 
  • edited August 2021
    Having potentially a worse transfer window than one under Roland takes some doing. 

Didn't he spend that (or close to it) on Piotr Parzyszek? I can recall hearing it was a far old whack.   

Nicky Ajose was a fair amount too if memory serves. 

Also Naby Sarr, Patrick Bauer, Vetokele, Tucudean, Teixeira.. 
  • Billyboy said:
    I think ged roddy is pulling the strings in recruitment, and that frightens me, and can see gallen and adkins being right pissed off about it,, even his son shouldn't be anywhere near the team either... just my opinion
    That is not the case SG is head man in the recruitment set up … and SG has said many times his recruitment team are working hard behind the scenes….

• What about Gudmundsson?
    Free transfer from AZ I believe
  • NA " we had a few players in the directors box this evening" 

Would they not be better off on the pitch 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds to me like Nigel is telling us all to be patient. Trouble is, that didn’t work out too well with Slade.
    As is oft said on here, free transfers of quality players are hardly ever free.
  • Having potentially a worse transfer window than one under Roland takes some doing. 

Pete the Pole was 800k, Igor close to  2m, for starters. he spent but wasted most of it.
    As is oft said on here, free transfers of quality players are hardly ever free.
    Agree. Does just go to show tho you don't always have to spend transfer fees to get quality
  • Southbank said:
    Of the 4 missing Watson is past it and Schwarz looks very dodgy. Even more of a problem is that neither our midfield or forward line looks up to it. So we don't just need more bodies, we need better quality bodies in 4 or 5 positions than the ones we have.
    Agreed, in reality we're missing 2 first teamers in Purrington and Gilbey. Watson left his legs in Nottingham, it's the equivalent of a once great player finishing in Qatar or Australia for a final payday
  • Valley11 said:
    Let’s see what Adkins says post match. 
    This hasn’t aged well. Adkins suggesting there was lots of positives. 
  • Sponsored links:

• TomNight said:
    Valley11 said:
    Eh?
  • Billyboy said:
    I think ged roddy is pulling the strings in recruitment, and that frightens me, and can see gallen and adkins being right pissed off about it,, even his son shouldn't be anywhere near the team either... just my opinion
    He shouldn’t be anywhere near it! Neither should Clayden but this is where we are right now, and it’s terrifying! 

Was genuinely excited to see some of the younger players get a crack tonight but I’ve left massively concerned and trying not to have a knee jerk reaction.  

Let’s hope there’s some activity over the next 10 days otherwise I can feel the pressure canister for many fans reaching its limit. 
  • Valley11 said:
    TomNight said:
    Valley11 said:
    Eh?
    As in I was disappointed with his post game interview. Him suggesting that there was lots of positives is kind of insulting. I was excited to see some of the younger talent but it was the worst I’ve seen us play for a long time. 
  • TomNight said:
    Valley11 said:
    TomNight said:
    Valley11 said:
    Eh?
    As in I was disappointed with his post game interview. Him suggesting that there was lots of positives is kind of insulting. I was excited to see some of the younger talent but it was the worst I’ve seen us play for a long time. 
    Adkins seems to have a good reputation all round ... except at Sheffield United.

I asked my mate who supports the Blades:

"What pissed us off was his excessive positivity.  We lost 0-4 at home to Northampton ... yes, fucking Northampton ... and Adkins still found some positives."
  • Probably generous to put this in the Rumours section but did ask NA tonight about transfers and the line is in here

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-nigel-adkins-provides-updates-on-fitness-of-three-key-players-missing-through-injury-and-transfers/
  • LouisMend said:
    Probably generous to put this in the Rumours section but did ask NA tonight about transfers and the line is in here

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-nigel-adkins-provides-updates-on-fitness-of-three-key-players-missing-through-injury-and-transfers/
     Last paragraph needs rewording.
    So Gilbey out for a few more weeks and Schwartz playing in an under 23 game rather than Cup game with under 23s?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!