Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• If we go into Saturday with no senior left back again then I will begin to question how good people actually are at their job. Would be criminal.
    If they don't, the LB they eventually bring in better have been worth waiting for. 
    I’m sure he will be a young PL loan. Always hit and miss. Fingers crossed he’s a hit.
  • I see Cawley has still not denied the Lowery link.
  • J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    Anyone else feeling very worried by the complete lack of any rumours so far this week ? Surely after our start we have to make a few signings this week ?
    Honest question...would you rather rumours galore and no signings or business done on the quiet? Which most of it has been done up until now.
    But it just doesn't happen does it, you really think we will sign 6 players with next to no rumours? 

In fact, I can't think of 1 signing this summer that has come totally out of the blue with ZERO rumours before hand. 
    There has been something said by Richard Cawley an hour or 2 before they signed. Some like Kirk and Stockley were touted for a while obviously.
    Hmm not sure about that 
  • If we go into Saturday with no senior left back again then I will begin to question how good people actually are at their job. Would be criminal.
    Only then you’d be questioning it? 
  • J BLOCK said:
    If we go into Saturday with no senior left back again then I will begin to question how good people actually are at their job. Would be criminal.
    Well Tbf I posted something similar before the Wigan game. I was willing to accept the prem loan angle but even that now looks like it’s taking too long.
  • J BLOCK said:
    If we go into Saturday with no senior left back again then I will begin to question how good people actually are at their job. Would be criminal.
    For me if waiting meant we got someone of real quality for the 40 games left then ultimately I think it will be a good decision.

If we don't, then I'd have been happy to have signed a journeyman league one left back instead and that's exactly what we should have done as Purrington is more then capable of helping us get out this league as first choice. 

• Wasn't with Kirk because I thought RC was away. That was broken by the guy photographing Kirk's car in the car park 
  • AndyG said:
    Anyone else feeling very worried by the complete lack of any rumours so far this week ? Surely after our start we have to make a few signings this week ?
    Par for the course and reading between the lines we will be underwhelmed.  I bet Stockley , MacGillivray and Kirk wish they had not signed.  With this shit who would , but the desperate. 
    Please have an afternoon off
     Did you say that to J BLOCK who had a similar message near mine. No you didn't.  Why was that ?  Meanwhile still no sign of decent signings to boost the squad. 
    J block doesn’t go on and on with the same boring negative comments hour after after, day after day. 
    Some may say non stop positivity regardless of what’s happening is equally as senseless.

In short they are opinions and everyone is alllowed one.
  • ct_addick said:
    We need to be careful with Sandgaard and not piss him off to the point he might become disillusioned and walk away.........even if it means another year or so  in L1 we need to face up to that fact.....
    I am fine with another year or so in league 1. My worry is that at present there is a risk of it being far worse than that (with our current squad and with an average expectations of injuries we are in a relegation fight IMO).
    You honestly believe we are on a par with the likes of Cambridge, Crewe, moreCombe, Cheltenham, Plymouth, Fleetwood?

we have had a very bad start but to say we are in a relegation fight is crazy.

here are 10 clubs who the bookies think will finish below us

https://www.bettingodds.com/football/league-one/relegation

21st and a game against the team who is 22nd is even now a six pointer . It is the relegation zone or is the league upside down. Therefore this is a relegation contest game no matter how you dress it up. Cambridge drew with Oxford . We lost 2-1  to OxfordThey beat Burton 3-0. They have had at least 3 shots on target in one game.  We haven't had that in 4 games

How does that make us beater than Cambridge ?
    Is the 1956 your bed time? You do post as if you are 8 years old!

I bite…….it’s not a relegation 6 pointer because there are over 40 games of the season left, the league table doesn’t take shape until 10-12 games. Comment then on relegation.

if we are in the relegation zone after 12 games, I will get a tattoo of you on my arse
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    If they don't, the LB they eventually bring in better have been worth waiting for. 
    And you just know it will end up being that Omole (who we have been linked with)kid from Tottenham - who we could have signed weeks ago. 
    And you just know it will end up being that Omole (who we have been linked with)kid from Tottenham - who we could have signed weeks ago. 
    Only if Spurs agreed to let him go weeks ago snd not holding out to see if they can get a championship club … if not he will be allowed to leave on 31st to league one club 
  • Before this season, I’d never heard of Stockton, the striker at Morecambe. He’s now scored 6 goals in 6 games this season. 
    Only if Spurs agreed to let him go weeks ago snd not holding out to see if they can get a championship club … if not he will be allowed to leave on 31st to league one club 
    “he will be allowed”…..how do you know that, got a contact at Spurs now have you?
    You say it as if you know…..you don’t know but you can and should say he ‘maybe’ allowed to join a league one club.
    Typical of you.
    He has people in Tottenham 

• I’m hearing things are going to heat up in the next few days!!

• I’m hoping that’s not a potential player in the back of the car, Ben Watsons brother perhaps?
  • Before this season, I’d never heard of Stockton, the striker at Morecambe. He’s now scored 6 goals in 6 games this season. 
    I would have seen him in the L2 section of EFL on Quest, but before this season his goal scoring ratio was nothing special - 13 in 43 last season was by far his best

• I’m hoping that’s not a potential player in the back of the car, Ben Watsons brother perhaps?
    No…….it’s a fan.
    Taxi for SoundAs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sod Aaron Ramsey @ Aston Villa

Maybe we should look into bringing in Cameron Archer from them

Second youngest scorer behind Louis Barry for them

Has scored a hat-trick tonight, albeit only against Barrow
    Yeah but Aiden O'Brian has got a hattrick against Blackpool I wouldn't want him either :p
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sod Aaron Ramsey @ Aston Villa

Maybe we should look into bringing in Cameron Archer from them

Second youngest scorer behind Louis Barry for them

Has scored a hat-trick tonight, albeit only against Barrow
    Yeah but Aiden O'Brian has got a hattrick against Blackpool I wouldn't want him either :p
    Haha - I just KNEW that was coming!! :D
  • ct_addick said:
    We need to be careful with Sandgaard and not piss him off to the point he might become disillusioned and walk away.........even if it means another year or so  in L1 we need to face up to that fact.....
    I am fine with another year or so in league 1. My worry is that at present there is a risk of it being far worse than that (with our current squad and with an average expectations of injuries we are in a relegation fight IMO).
    You honestly believe we are on a par with the likes of Cambridge, Crewe, moreCombe, Cheltenham, Plymouth, Fleetwood?

Lets circle back on that after we play Crewe on Saturday, who helped do our playoff chances in April when we had a much better team than we have now.
  • Have a feeling we’re going to have something substantive to talk about tomorrow 
  • edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    For me if waiting meant we got someone of real quality for the 40 games left then ultimately I think it will be a good decision.

If we don't, then I'd have been happy to have signed a journeyman league one left back instead and that's exactly what we should have done as Purrington is more then capable of helping us get out this league as first choice. 

He was not first choice for most of last season because he was not seen as good enough. Now we are so desperate that,along with Gilbey, another in and out player, we expect him to make us promotion challengers.
    How far our expectations have fallen.
  • Southbank said:
    ct_addick said:

Lets circle back on that after we play Crewe on Saturday, who helped do our playoff chances in April when we had a much better team than we have now.
    Yet Crewe's team has also been decimated from that night.

Three of their team that drew with us at the Valley last season, started their last League game

Pickering: He was only ever on loan from Blackburn after they signed him last summer
    Wintle: Gone to Cardiff
    Dale: "Ill" yet off to the Championship
    Kirk: No idea what happened to him
    Lowery: Refuses to sign a new deal so has been frozen out
  • Southbank said:
    ct_addick said:

A much better team ? Aneke that’s the only real difference and they won’t have Kirk, Dale or their centre mids they had that day.
  • Villa’s youth team look very good. 
  • Have a feeling we’re going to have something substantive to talk about tomorrow 
    What you mean why didn't we sign someone again? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!