Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• 90 minutes to sign a left back and a striker that will hit double figures, bit worried tbh
  • Not going to happen is it 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Not going to happen is it 
    They tried but just couldn’t get them over the line.
  • It ain't over until Crawley says so.... must be things still ongoing
    R
  • J BLOCK said:
    Not going to happen is it 
    They tried but just couldn’t get them over the line.
    There will be some angry fans online if this is said lol
  • edited August 2021
    Imagine Sam Lavelle will be a late one

No offence to Morecambe, but if we've agreed a fee then you'd hope that terms will be a formality.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Still remember when we signed Josh Parker. Waking up to see his name was a shock signing.
  • Three signings required to rescue this, in under 2 hours, and that's giving a pass on the fact we aren't bothering with a second keeper. Let's judge when it's passed...
    Worst case two... CB and an LB, the latter is the most important for me now.
  • edited August 2021
    Gillingham sign Kelman on loan
    Can rule him out
    Crawley said it's over, after the referee blew his whistle on a 6-1 defeat  ;)
  • Surprised there have been no post-match quotes with Adkins yet?

As if by magic

Can someone please post the pic of Kenneth Williams.

• Three signings required to rescue this, in under 2 hours, and that's giving a pass on the fact we aren't bothering with a second keeper. Let's judge when it's passed...
    Without reopening the Purrington debate a left back is less pressing now than it was a month ago, ironically.

Not using our last 2 loan spaces is criminal though. 
  • Just been tipped off by someone at the Valley this evening. Medicals being completed for a Belgian and a Moroccan. 
    Masicat, never wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

A striker is more important for me than a LB. Stockley gets injured and we’re buggered. Not me saying I don’t want a lb though.
  • Off_it said:
    Honestly, you guys.

I can only imagine what you were like as children on Christmas Eve.
    I once opened mine and my brothers presents at 5 in the morning apparently. I was only 7 if that's any excuse 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Three signings required to rescue this, in under 2 hours, and that's giving a pass on the fact we aren't bothering with a second keeper. Let's judge when it's passed...
    Without reopening the Purrington debate a left back is less pressing now than it was a month ago, ironically.

Not using our last 2 loan spaces is criminal though. 
    Suppose leaving one slot available isnt the worst thing in the world

If we sign two on loan tonight and then have to bring in an emergency Goalkeeper for however long, we then have to start thinking about dropping another loan from the squad for each game that Big Mac isnt available.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Three signings required to rescue this, in under 2 hours, and that's giving a pass on the fact we aren't bothering with a second keeper. Let's judge when it's passed...
    A striker is more important for me than a LB. Stockley gets injured and we’re buggered. Not me saying I don’t want a lb though.
    I take it you missed this evenings Josh Davison masterclass?
    It's been said a million times before but not signing a LB now is equivalent to not signing a CB in January. Potentially even worse given we've just paid half a million for a winger who has thrived when forming a partnership with an attacking full back. Whatever happens in the next 90 minutes a full review is required of the post-season because it has been very odd and I'm not sure even the most optimistic could say it's followed a determined strategy.

It's exacerbated by the fact that our other left back would very unlikely have found his way into our team (or even the club) if his dad didn't work for the club.

Concerning that we don't have a proper left back option at this stage of proceedings.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I feel like we can potentially generate goals from other players, hence why I'm a little less bothered about a Striker.

e.g. Stockley wont be our only scorer this season.

If we cant score, then we certainly need to ensure that we keep the ball out of the net - The fact we've already conceded six in three games says to me that we need that balance back in Defence.
  • Just been tipped off by someone at the Valley this evening. Medicals being completed for a Belgian and a Moroccan. 
    Masciat never wrong
  • Off_it said:
    Honestly, you guys.

I can only imagine what you were like as children on Christmas Eve.
    I used to pester my parents for a left back. Devastated when it was just a BMX. 
    🤣brilliant 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I take it you missed this evenings Josh Davison masterclass?
    He was good tonight, but Crawley seems to be his level currently
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!