Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Subscription....here we go again

124»

Comments

• Options
    siblers said:
    Timely thread.  I got my Sky package down to £88 per month in a Black Friday deal 18 months ago. I suppose I should have twigged that it was 18 months ago but they’ve just taken £137 from my account rising to £147 next month.  I expressed my displeasure about a lack of notification.  To add insult to injury, we’ve not had a sky dish since we moved to the Isle of Wight three months ago as we’d require planning permission so the only sky I’ve watched has been sports via Skygo on my laptop. Mrs SB has been watching Netflix, prime or sundry apps on the main tv via wifi.  To be honest, she’s not missed sky at all especially as she found sky Q frustrating to view.  So a conversation just now along the lines of “keeping my broadband and Telephone package (£45) but your having a laugh wanting £102 per month for your tv package especially as I don’t have a dish”  Best deal they could cut me even after doing the ritual dance with the retention team was £89 per month 
    Why do you need planning permission? You in a listed building? 
    Yup. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    They just offered me the whole.lot for £48 a month for 18 months. I asked 'Is it £48 for 18 months or just the 1st month?'. The answer was '18 months at £48' 
    Bl**dy Andy ! 

I've been shafted ! 
    No one likes to see that.
  • Options
    Had Now TV for the last 18 months or so, was paying £33-99 per month for 11 Sky Sports channels. Money tight so thought I'd cancel over the summer, subscription runs out June 13th. Now TV offered 3 months at £14-99. 

Looks like I can watch Cricket over the summer (providing it does stop raining at some point ).
  • Options
    As expected, Sky are now ringing me,  A gent called Ryan who described himself as "the man authorised to to do the deals that the retention team can't".  Too busy to talk to him earlier.  He's calling me back later.  Will await with interest.

Separately. Lots of bad reviews on Facebook for Now TV with people claiming money continues to be taken despite cancelling or  money being taken when they have never had accounts and customer service being totally shite.  Anyone had similar experiences or is this a scam that Now TV have found themselves caught up in?
  • Options
    As expected, Sky are now ringing me,  A gent called Ryan who described himself as "the man authorised to to do the deals that the retention team can't".  Too busy to talk to him earlier.  He's calling me back later.  Will await with interest.

Separately. Lots of bad reviews on Facebook for Now TV with people claiming money continues to be taken despite cancelling or  money being taken when they have never had accounts and customer service being totally shite.  Anyone had similar experiences or is this a scam that Now TV have found themselves caught up in?
    I’ve been with Now TV for the past two years. Best customer service for any product I’ve had. Last year when my contract was expiring, they called me to suggest what I could cut to save. Contacted them this week as I’m moving house and won’t need Now TV anymore, couldn’t have been a better experience.  
  • Options
    My 18 month  sky deal due to expire this week. So just finished hagling with them.

So I was paying £81/m including Sports, Cinema, HD, broadband, talk and found I was paying for multiscreen which I did not use.
    This month it's due to increase to £112,  so they offered me a deal of £97/m.

I refused the offer & opted for a  cancellation.
    So transferred to 'cancellation' department where I was offered £87/m. Refused this offer ( nearly tempted though)
    So cancellation will go ahead on 13thJuly, this gives me time, hopefully from reading comments above Sky will get back to me with an improved offer.

Failing an improved offer I might accept the £87 offer, as I do watch a lot of Sky sports.
  • Options
    That is your big advantage. You can decline an offer and get back to them and accept it which gives them a chance to give you a better one. If they were willing to offer it to you in the first place they will be unlikely not to again. 
  • Options
    I have been free of mammon for four weeks now and although i was not as heavy a user as some on here, have not missed it one jot.

Keep banging away all. We will defeat Sky and all its firey demons...

Next the BBC.