Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retained and released list - now out (p2)

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Think there will probably be an announcement today before Charlton TV end of season show. It would be a big talking point and something I am assuming they’ve included in the script to cover.

Be good if it’s announced today along with some potential good news regarding signings. It’s still early but I hope we are closer to signing players than we usually are at this time of the year.

Be strange to have an end of season show without knowing who is being retained or officially released.
    I’m hoping that our top two or three targets have already had negotiations underway. 
  • Options
    ads said:
    Pearce has agreed 1 year deal. Has been a delay on the paperwork though apparently?
    Oh ffs
    Pearce has agreed 1 year deal. Has been a delay on the paperwork though apparently?
    How does that stop an announcement,  really.
    Because until the paperwork has actually been signed he still has the option to move elsewhere. The delay might just be because whoever is looking at the contract be it his lawyer, manager or agent might not like a specific clause that has or hasn't been inserted - if that can't be reconciled then the Club would look at bit silly for announcing that he has signed when he never had in the first place.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    ads said:
    Oh ffs
    Oh come on, you can't be serious, they probably can't find a pen that works for the parchment to be signed, could be anything, but that is the way it is, the thing is we are all watching for anything , and you know how the saying goes, "The watched kettle never boils", but when all is revealed WOW!! :):):).......hopefully B)
  • Options
    Have we still got a fax machine?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon something might be announced on Charlton TV tonight…
    Imagining a gameshow setup with curbs gunging whoevers getting released.
    Gunging seems to have gone out of fashion these days, well done for dreaming this up...
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Didn't Ben Watson trigger an extra year?

Surely we're not looking to sign him up beyond that.

Not sure how it works with them triggering a 2nd year. My assumption is it would be under the same terms as the previous year but perhaps they're looking to revise certain elements of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon something might be announced on Charlton TV tonight…
    Imagining a gameshow setup with curbs gunging whoevers getting released.
    It's not all bad news for the released players, as they get a Curbs Can as a consolation prize
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Have we still got a fax machine?
    Probably still using an old telex machine someone found in the office cupboard
  • Options
    Didn't someone have Oztumer being released on @Dazzler21 's list too? 
  • Options
    ads said:
    Oh ffs
    Perhaps the delay in paperwork is because he hasn’t signed them as he’s negotiating better terms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Good to see they're looking at an extra year for Wassim Aouachria. Really hoping he can put his injury problems behind him and push for a 1st team place this season.
    yes, agree 100%

assumed he was staying when he was there to meet the minister last week at that launch no one on here must mention : - )
  • Options
    Slightly surprised Ben Dempsey has been offered another deal as I suspect lower L1/L2 will be his ceiling

I see we've offered contracts to both the keepers named Nathan, Harness and Harvey. With Beadle coming through, it feels like we have an excess of young keepers
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Good luck and best wishes to all those leaving but especially the youngsters.

I hope the grounding given to them in the academy stands them in good stead for the future.

PS  See, the announcement was always coming, lots of players to talk to at all levels, lots of offers made, quotes to get, final announcement to be signed off.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Slightly surprised Ben Dempsey has been offered another deal as I suspect lower L1/L2 will be his ceiling

I see we've offered contracts to both the keepers named Nathan, Harness and Harvey. With Beadle coming through, it feels like we have an excess of young keepers
    Yes, I agree. I was surprised too as a few thought he would leave.

It could be taken as a good sign that we are willing and able to give players a little bit more time to fulfil their potential due to financial stability and longer term thinking under the new regime.

The cynic might reply that you need a squad of U23 players to play games so there are always a few in there as makeweights.

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    "The club can confirm that contract discussions with Ben Amos, Chuks Aneke, Jake Forster-Caskey, Adam Matthews, Jason Pearce and Ben Watson are ongoing ahead of the expiration of their contracts this month." Happy with this, hopefully they all sign.

Watson is an odd one unless we are discussing terminating his contract.
    I wondered that - maybe they're discussing whether Adkins actually thinks he'll play him etc, and if it's worth it for all.parties to renew?
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Didn't Ben Watson trigger an extra year?

Surely we're not looking to sign him up beyond that.
    Maybe it's a discussion around amounts...