Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    For those watching, how is Wembley with the limited crowd? Decent atmosphere or difficult to say? 
    Difficult to say, but I can’t imagine Brentford would be making much noise even if full
  • Options
    Is it just me who thinks that Steve Cooper (the Swansea manager) has one of those faces you just want to punch?
  • Options
    Brentford must be up now .. back in the top League after 74 years .. is this a record for a comeback ? (someone will know)
  • Options
    In 2008, Brentford finished 14th in League Two. 

They were in serious danger of dropping out of the league altogether in December 2007 when Terry Butcher was sacked as manager.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Awful game.
    Enjoyed the 1st half but this half has indeed been awful
    I missed the first half, but the way they're playing now neither of these teams would have made it out of League One.
  • Options
    Is it just me who thinks that Steve Cooper (the Swansea manager) has one of those faces you just want to punch?
    If you did your hand would just be absorbed and become part of his face
  • Options
    Frank has an equally punchable face 
  • Options
    congratulations Brentford .. If you can do it, we certainly can
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully this means they'll stand more of a chance of keeping Ivan Toney
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I’m just glad it wasn’t Swansea joining Norwich and Watford back in the top flight. A bit of variety on MOTD is a good thing, even if I’m not a fan of Thomas Frank.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Well played Brentford. Great to see another little London club do it.
  • Options
    I wanted Brentford to win the play offs & thought they would.
    Well done to them, thoroughly deserved.
  • Options
    They’ve been knocking on the door for a while so I’m glad they’ve made it.
  • Options
    Didn’t help us last season when they played knock down ginger.
  • Options
    I don’t they did it on purpose did they 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SamB09 said:
    I don’t they did it on purpose did they 🙄
    In any case you shouldn’t need to rely on other teams helping you out. 
  • Options
    Yet another London club overtaking us and we continue to slip down the capital's football tree. I can't get excited about Brentford getting promoted, just another reminder of how far we've fallen. 
  • Options
    Didnt want them to win as them losing to Barnsley in the last minute sending us down proper done me in.

However, they deserve to be up there and I look forward to seeing a different team having a go in the prem.
  • Options
    Its crazy that Blackpool are the only team in the Play-Offs now can return to the League above having recently been there

Blackpool: Championship in 2015
    Lincoln: Last in the Championship in 1960
    Morecambe: Never been in League One
    Newport County: Last in League One in 1987
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Yet another London club overtaking us and we continue to slip down the capital's football tree. I can't get excited about Brentford getting promoted, just another reminder of how far we've fallen. 
    They’d already overtaken us before they got promoted to premier league though. 
  • Options
    Given their original attendances back when they were struggling I cant imagine everyone there today can claim to be long term die hard fans.

Got remember it wasnt long ago though that they were running a prize draw for someone to be in the dugout when Brentford visited the Valley in the FA Cup.

They all bloody deserve this moment.

Charlton were an example of how to get promoted to the Premier League and stay there... The likes of Brentford are an example of how a small club can build their way to the top flight over a number of years.

Good luck to them, hope they ruffle a few feathers
    100% this
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Croydon said:
    They’d already overtaken us before they got promoted to premier league though. 
    Wouldn't be so bad if we weren't still pissing about in League One. I'm aware there's no logic to it, just winds me up.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Our time is coming. Next five years will be good.
  • Options
    Definitely a positive that Brentford have won promotion. They’ve spent money but done it smartly and sustainably and they think a bit differently. They’ve very much taken the kind of approach that I think TS wants to take with us so having it’s potential success proven can only be a good thing for us.