Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters of the Year

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    The Hollywood blockbuster:

Automobiles, Bitches and Bread.
    Starring,

Cameron Diaz as Tracey.
    Bruce Willis as Mick.
    Colin Firth as Ben.
    Harry Styles as Olly
    Sidney Poitier as Southall.

Despite being 94, Sidney Poitier was glad to accept the role of Southall as he always wanted to play a baddie.

• Options
    If ever this story gets the Hollywood treatment. Which actors are going to fill the roles ? 
    I’ll play the COO part 
  • Options
    Can I ask who voted for this award please?
    Matt Southall and Lee Amis 
    If that were the case Dodger et al would have got it.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Is the prize a fake Rolex and a £150 voucher for a haircut?

Well deserved, they stood up for the club when it mattered most.
    One of the winners already has a fake Rolex according to Mouthall
    I know.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Seems like a whole swathe of fans should get a mention here, not to undermine the recognition of the valiant efforts of the staff who won this (edit: wasn’t a decision of the FF who haven’t been consulted or met properly since 2019). For those like myself who weren't able to do much other than watch in bemusement, we are I'm sure immensely grateful to those who got stuck in.
  • Options
    Another group of fans I would have congratulated were the supporters who stormed Chris Farnell's office in Hale. I do feel that this was one of the nails in the coffin that ended Farnell's insidious involvement with Charlton. The fact that I was there, only because I live about half a mile from Hale, has nothing to do with it! The fact that it was organised by NLA, who has spit opinions on CL may be one of the reasons that it has not been recognised. I will always reflect fondly on that warm, sunny day when I felt enough was enough and something needs to be done. I even brushed past a couple of the infamous Range Rovers!
    This post might sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but there were 11-12 others who I would like to applaud for their desire to do everything to stop the club from dying.
    Special mention for Lauren Kreamer(sp?) for the court case as well.
    It wasn't a CL vote.
  • Options
    So was it the fans forum or not?

differing information on here 
  • Options
    Another group of fans I would have congratulated were the supporters who stormed Chris Farnell's office in Hale. I do feel that this was one of the nails in the coffin that ended Farnell's insidious involvement with Charlton. The fact that I was there, only because I live about half a mile from Hale, has nothing to do with it! The fact that it was organised by NLA, who has spit opinions on CL may be one of the reasons that it has not been recognised. I will always reflect fondly on that warm, sunny day when I felt enough was enough and something needs to be done. I even brushed past a couple of the infamous Range Rovers!
    This post might sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but there were 11-12 others who I would like to applaud for their desire to do everything to stop the club from dying.
    I completely agree 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

It was the fans forum, same as it has been since the award was introduced 4 about 5 seasons ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    4Real said:
    How many people does the Fans Forum entail for the vote to have any credence ?

Are any of the 'winners' on the Fans Forum ?
    The fans forum didn't vote, as @razil mentioned it hasn't met for some while.

Not sure why some are getting so bent out of shape about it, worthy winners no?, the 3 staff put their jobs on the line (in fact although it got rescinded I think at least two of the three were fired that night!) when they could have just kept their heads down (like some others we could mention).

That doesn't mean they were the only people to do something over the past year, I'm sure we could all name 10,20,30 50 etc people who have to varying degrees.

But lets not turn this into something it doesn't need to be, no one can doubt that they are all Charlton Fans with the clubs very best interests at heart, like us, lets hope the coming years choosing a winner is far more difficult as all we've had to do is watch football live!
    I don’t think anybody is bent out of shape, just interested as to how the decision was made and passing views, as would be the case with a player of the year vote - nobody doubts the 3 staff that put their jobs on the line are worthy of recognition 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    4Real said:

Not sure why some are getting so bent out of shape about it, worthy winners no?, the 3 staff put their jobs on the line (in fact although it got rescinded I think at least two of the three were fired that night!) when they could have just kept their heads down (like some others we could mention).

That doesn't mean they were the only people to do something over the past year, I'm sure we could all name 10,20,30 50 etc people who have to varying degrees.

But lets not turn this into something it doesn't need to be, no one can doubt that they are all Charlton Fans with the clubs very best interests at heart, like us, lets hope the coming years choosing a winner is far more difficult as all we've had to do is watch football live!

Would suggest from this the fans forum did decide, are the trust part of the fans forum?
  • Options
    CAST have always been part or the Fans’ Forum. The last time it met fully was indeed a good while ago. The last minutes on the club site are from Sep 2019:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

• Options
    edited May 2021
    NLA is alright, for plod. 😉

Edited to say, probably one of the nicest guys I’ve met. 
    He also got me through one of the toughest times, while the club were having us marched to Eltham nick he kept me strong. Thinking about it retrospectively, all of us should have clubbed together and hire Lauren Kreamer when we had to visit, she’d have seen through the BS straight away. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

He also got me through one of the toughest times, while the club were having us marched to Eltham nick he kept me strong. Thinking about it retrospectively, all of us should have clubbed together and hire Lauren Kreamer when we had to visit, she’d have seen through the BS straight away. 

Yes he's ok, I suppose.

(you know I'm only joking, D)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    T_C_E said:

Yes he's ok, I suppose.

(you know I'm only joking, D)
    I remember the first time we met, he came to our house in London. 
    As he walked down the foot path, I said to my wife “have you been paying all the bills or do we owe someone money” 😂
  • Options
    I’ll say this again. No vote on this was made by the FF which hasn’t met since 2019, and today was the first I’d heard about it for that reason.

What is fantastic to me about the last year and the decade prior is so many chipped and did their part, some putting in a serious shift. Perhaps there is a way all can be recognised in some way, and that’s a question I’ll ask if able.

• Options
    razil said:
    I’ll say this again. No vote on this was made by the FF which hasn’t met since 2019, and today was the first I’d heard about it for that reason.

What is fantastic to me about the last year and the decade prior is so many chipped and did their part, some putting in a serious shift. Perhaps there is a way all can be recognised in some way, and that’s a question I’ll ask if able.

Perhaps you could remind us which "group" you have been representing, B, please. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    4Real said:

I don’t think anybody is bent out of shape, just interested as to how the decision was made and passing views, as would be the case with a player of the year vote - nobody doubts the 3 staff that put their jobs on the line are worthy of recognition 
    The ones sending abusive DM's on Twitter I think are getting bent out of shape.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    4Real said:

The ones sending abusive DM's on Twitter I think are getting bent out of shape.
    i don't do twitter so wouldn't know - i guess some people are easily irritated and some love irritating  
  • Options
    4Real said:

It would appear that the “Chairman” of the Fan’s Forum,  Mr Wallis, is also the Chairman of Bromley Addicks and a trustee of the Charlton Hayes museum.
    What’s your problem? Half the posts you’ve ever made on CL are being unhappy on this thread. These four supporters fully deserved to share the award this year for what they individually and collectively brought to saving our club. 
  • Options
    Maybe he’s not real Charlton. For real. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

According to the article on the club website it was the fans forum, but some on said forum say they were not notified and had no say on the decision this year.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    4Real said:

It would appear that the “Chairman” of the Fan’s Forum,  Mr Wallis, is also the Chairman of Bromley Addicks and a trustee of the Charlton Hayes museum.
    Then it would appear that Mr Wallis is a viable candidate for next year's award as he does a lot of voluntary work for our football club, you? 
    Too early for nominations, but I'll make a mental note.