Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters of the Year

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    So was it the fans forum or not?

differing information on here 
    According to the article on the club website it was the fans forum, but some on said forum say they were not notified and had no say on the decision this year.
    I don't think it does quite say that to be fair.

Speaking on the supporter of the year accolade, Ian Wallis, who organises the event annually on behalf of the Fans’ Forum, explained: “The feeling among those of us involved was that the people who should receive the award this year are the people who went over and above in defending the club. 

I believe what that is referring to is it is Ian (and Jean) organise the POTY do (and a mighty fine job they do to, one of the many things I've personally missed during COVID) which is where the '..xxx..of the year' awards are usually presented.

So the FF didn't vote which I think many who've posted on here have made clear. Does that matter? Personally I don't believe so (and I'm saying that as someone who has numerous times represented The Trust at the FF).

With everything we as supporters have gone through over the last 6-7 years we deserve a bit of peace! Lets marvel in the fact we nearly made the play off's, we have a new owner who cares, more importantly we have (I might be biased) some of the best fans in the country and beyond, including staff at the club who regularly go above and beyond what they are paid for in so many ways.

We all know Charlton is a special place, my happy place  :) and I thank anyone and everyone who does anything, no matter how big or small, to make Charlton Athletic what it is (but please Mr Adkins promotion would be great next season!).
  • Options
    faux outrage
  • Options
    Won the award that was meant to say.... seriously well deserved and if you are reading this just ignore the idiots