Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Curbishley Stand

13»

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    I couldn’t understand the logic in fans singing over Curbs talking during that moment?
    Because you can't here fk all in the covered End, already been said above. 
    Compared to the Curbs and the West Stamd, the PA system in the Covered End is shite.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    cafctom said:
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    I couldn’t understand the logic in fans singing over Curbs talking during that moment?
    Well you’ll hear even less if you choose to just sing over him!

I could hear him fine in the East, until that started.
    Is it possible to hear less than nothing ? 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    Compared to the Curbs and the West Stamd, the PA system in the Covered End is shite.
    Exactly and God forbid the drummers actually try create an atmosphere (which they did and do)
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:

It’s possible to be bloody disrespectful by singing over Alan Curbishley whilst he’s getting his stand opened for him. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:

It’s possible to be bloody disrespectful by singing over Alan Curbishley whilst he’s getting his stand opened for him. 
    Anything for a moan 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    But it's clear that Curbs is being interviewed from the images on the big screen.
  • Options
    Not moaning, just stating that I couldn’t understand why fans were doing it. The “we couldn’t hear him that well” excuse doesn’t really justify it. 

Just thought it was bit of a shame considering it was being built up as one of the highlights of the day.
  • Options
    I was in the West and couldn’t hear the interview great and thought pricks when the Wednesday fans were  singing over it , then our fans started singing during the interview 🙄
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    But it's clear that Curbs is being interviewed from the images on the big screen.
    So you stand there and watch his lips move but hear no words ?

Jesus christ, you can still do that while singing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway, maybe the club can post it online for all to see and hear. Didn't really fancy taking my seat at 4pm so missed most of the lineup.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    So you stand there and watch his lips move but hear no words ?

Jesus christ, you can still do that while singing. 
    No, you respect the fans elsewhere in the stadium who can hear the audio and want to respect a Charlton legend.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Not moaning, just stating that I couldn’t understand why fans were doing it. The “we couldn’t hear him that well” excuse doesn’t really justify it. 

Just thought it was bit of a shame considering it was being built up as one of the highlights of the day.
    And u r absolutely right - the drummer etc do s good job generally but that was odd - as was starting other songs when our owner is walking round the pitch playing vfr - whatever u think if that - I hope it was a lack of thought / awareness rather than a blatant disrespect 
  • Options
    The Sky coverage caught Alan's reaction to the rainbow over his stand.

I also liked the shot where Alan's face was mirrored in the plaque during the presentation :)
  • Options
    It was a shame we couldn't hear a word of the presentation or even Thomas playing and the RRR not being played. It had nothing to do with the singing or the drummer , the PA system is useless in the north upper.
  • Options
    Following yesterdays presentation I now wish to be known as alancurbishleymike  ;)
    You have no idea how tempted I am to do that...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I think lockdown has turned some of our fans into proper salads, moaning over fans singing and songs not being played - fuck me 

be greatful we have a club after 18 months 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An interesting interview with Malaysian sport channel!