Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is anyone else not fussed about Englands progress in the euros?

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Can’t wait to tell my grandkids about a 1-1 draw against Sheffield Wednesday in 40 years time.
    just imagine how MASSIVE they'll be by then
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    I'm club before country but honestly, people would rather a point at home against Sheffield Wednesday over England winning a major competition.

Strange people.

That is truely bizarree ..
    I'd take a few 10-0 defeats for charlton just to see us beat Italy Sunday. 

Yea it would definitely bring the feel good factor the country and it could probably improve atmosphere/ attendance at grounds next season
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    now people are just saying stuff for effect!

absolutely no way you'd swap a win Sunday for a point against Sheff Wed - ridiculous
    I would, honestly. I want England to win but Charlton is more important to me and affects my life more than the England national team do.
    WTF 😂a point in the first game over winning a major tournament? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021

absolutely no way you'd swap a win Sunday for a point against Sheff Wed - ridiculous
    Maybe swap it for 3 points though
  • Options
    I love following my club up and down the country, I love following my country around the world.

Apart from the play off final where I got goosebumps and that feeling off pride. But everytime I'm away with England and hear that national atheme i get overwhelmed with pride and emotion 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    SamB09 said:
    I'm club before country but honestly, people would rather a point at home against Sheffield Wednesday over England winning a major competition.

Strange people.

I must say, I find this bizarre, unless tongue in cheek..and wondered how many 10-0 defeats you would be happy with, 2,3 4?, and start the season on -30/40 gd and zero points bottom of the table after 3/4 games shall we say :(.
  • Options
    Good news is, that  save for the biggest sporting match fixing scandal of the century or the introduction into domestic and international football of magic, there's really no need to worry about any of the scenarios being discussed on this thread.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Can’t wait to tell my grandkids about a 1-1 draw against Sheffield Wednesday in 40 years time.
    They won’t believe you! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are you guys making up a hypothetical choice between Charlton & England?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    OK, we lose to Sheff Weds, England win the Euros, that's the pay off, and we fail to be promoted by a point. Bet you wished we'd taken that point instead then.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    OK, we lose to Sheff Weds, England win the Euros, that's the pay off, and we fail to be promoted by a point. Bet you wished we'd taken that point instead then.
    Nope. Live folloring Charlton for the journey, not the glory. Besides we’d do it another time or enjoy some other success at some point.

This is potentially once in a lifetime!
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

Strange people.

I must say, I find this bizarre, unless tongue in cheek..and wondered how many 10-0 defeats you would be happy with, 2,3 4?, and start the season on -30/40 gd and zero points bottom of the table after 3/4 games shall we say :(.
    Not tongue in cheek at all. My old man is mid 60s and lucky enough to see england in one final in his lifetime up until this point. Whats to say we might not see England in another final for another 30+ years let alone win it.

So I'd happily see Charlton lose the 3 or 4 games you mention 10-0 to see my country win the euros this weekend. Chances are I may not see us win it again.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Wow I have no words. 
  • Options
    Wouldn't take anything for an England win. A Euro win would be soon forgotten, a season in L2 wouldn't be
    If by soon, you mean 'never for as long as we live', then yes you are correct.
  • Options
    FYI when I say forgotten, I mean that you're not gonna think about it and it's not gonna affect your life as much as a whole season in L2. But yeah obvs not a real situation, hypothetical 
  • Options
    Forgotten my arse. I still shout at the TV whenever I see Athletico Madrid playing and I was only 8 when Beckham had his moment of stupidity. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    What did atletico madrid do?

Edit: Oh Simeone
  • Options
    FYI when I say forgotten, I mean that you're not gonna think about it and it's not gonna affect your life as much as a whole season in L2. But yeah obvs not a real situation, hypothetical 
    Pretty much agree with you. Whatever happens on Sunday I probably won't think about it from Monday onwards.

I love the build up to it and it's exciting to watch England in a final but honestly I'm not really bothered whether we win or lose.

I'd like the players and Southgate to win because I think they deserve it for being great lads but I won't really feel anything either way. I'd be gutted if Charlton went down to L2. I hated every second of the relegation last year.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    clb74 said:

I'd take relegation to league 2 for a win sunday
    I'd take missing out on autos, maybe even promotion in total... but no thank you to relegation. 

Club over Country
    One you chose and were nurtured into the other is forced on you at birth based on the nation you born in. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    It’s not England vs Charlton. Support your national team. Support your domestic side.

Simple. 
    But in that scenario it is England's success at Charlton's demise... Flock right off in that scenario thanks. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    It’s not England vs Charlton. Support your national team. Support your domestic side.

Simple. 

Spot on.👍👌
  • Options
    I can’t believe some of the stuff I’m reading on here 😂. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Simple. 
    But in that scenario it is England's success at Charlton's demise... Flock right off in that scenario thanks. 
    I’m very confused.