Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Erm - He's a Goalkeeper? - He wont be wearing Welling red
  • Options
    Another of our nearly signed players Josh Morris has left Salford and joined Motherwell.
  • Options
    Louis Barry had been confirmed at MK Dons. 
  • Options
    I'd love for someone who has any understanding of La Liga to explain how Barcelona can afford a 70m fee for Raphinha when:

1. They supposedly have the largest debt in football.
    2. Quite a few of their squad had to take wage cuts post-covid and are owed tens of millions in deferred payments.
    3. They have outstanding transfer fee payments due to more than 15 clubs.
    4. They had to let Messi go as they couldn't afford to register him, even if he played for €1 a week.

It's a complete farce. I get they've raised money and signed a sponsorship deal with Spotify but how can you be a billion in debt and not able to register a player to suddenly spending all this money?

Since Messi left just a year ago they've spent 50m on Torres, signed Aubameyang, Depay, Kessie, Christensen, have offered Dembele over 200k a week to stay and are trying to sign Alonso, Azpilicueta and Lewandowski. 

And Tebas has the cheek to moan about Man City and FFP. Barcelona are literally making a mockery of it.
    They extended a loan from Goldman Sachs to $1billion (I think that was finalised) and they have sold 10% of their TV rights to Sixth Street and hoping to sell a further 15% - potentially raising £600m. They are kicking the can down the road.

They are still only allowed to use €1 for every €4 (have also heard for every €3) saved and they still can't currently register their new players as their wage bill is too high. Farcical really.

Highly recommend the Price of Football podcast if anyone is interested in the finances involved in the game.
  • Options
    Rochdale legend Ian Henderson has rejoined them from Salford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62141142
  • Options
    I'd love for someone who has any understanding of La Liga to explain how Barcelona can afford a 70m fee for Raphinha when:

2. Quite a few of their squad had to take wage cuts post-covid and are owed tens of millions in deferred payments.
    4. They had to let Messi go as they couldn't afford to register him, even if he played for €1 a week.

It's a complete farce. I get they've raised money and signed a sponsorship deal with Spotify but how can you be a billion in debt and not able to register a player to suddenly spending all this money?

Since Messi left just a year ago they've spent 50m on Torres, signed Aubameyang, Depay, Kessie, Christensen, have offered Dembele over 200k a week to stay and are trying to sign Alonso, Azpilicueta and Lewandowski. 

And Tebas has the cheek to moan about Man City and FFP. Barcelona are literally making a mockery of it.
    They extended a loan from Goldman Sachs to $1billion (I think that was finalised) and they have sold 10% of their TV rights to Sixth Street and hoping to sell a further 15% - potentially raising £600m. They are kicking the can down the road.

They are still only allowed to use €1 for every €4 (have also heard for every €3) saved and they still can't currently register their new players as their wage bill is too high. Farcical really.

Highly recommend the Price of Football podcast if anyone is interested in the finances involved in the game.
    The really interesting point is how is liable for the loans if they are ever called in?

Fan owned club isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently signing Raphinha today for about £50m.
  • Options

Had read some of that and was aware they'd raised quite a bit of money and they've even given up naming rights to the stadium as well, it'll now be Spotify Camp Nou, which is good for them as they basically get a lot of money for nothing, and fans will only ever call it the Camp Nou.

But my point was more in regard to how can they be making all these signings when they still have so much debt owed. If i was a player who'd deferred wages and was owed millions i'm not sure i'd be happy to suddenly see 50-60m signings walking through the door. 

I'd love to know what Messi makes of it all. No way he ever wanted to leave and within a year of him going they've spent well over 100m on new signings and signed half a new team.
  • Options
    Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Raheem Sterling and are about to sign Koulibaly from Napoli. Also linked with 2 more centre backs (Nathan Ake and PSG's Kimpembe).
  • Options
    Solihull Moors 6 ft 9 striker Kyle Hudlin has joined Huddersfield’s B team.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Are Huddersfield like Brentford, with no academy and just a B team instead?

I wasn't impressed when I saw him last season
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Are Huddersfield like Brentford, with no academy and just a B team instead?

I wasn't impressed when I saw him last season

Yeah closed their academy 2 years ago and went to the Brentford model. 

• Options
    Derby have confirmed the signings of striker James Collins and goalkeeper Scott Loach
  • Options
    Man Utd have agreed a fee with Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong

Personal terms still to be agreed, as de Jong apparently wants to stay in Spain
  • Options

Apparently a big part of De Jong wanting to stay is he's owed £17m in deferred wages, don't blame him for waiting to see them!

If he genuinely doesn't want the move, United should move on to someone who does rather than chuck more money at it, otherwise it'll just be another Di Maria type situation where he's not that arsed.
  • Options

Apparently a big part of De Jong wanting to stay is he's owed £17m in deferred wages, don't blame him for waiting to see them!

If he genuinely doesn't want the move, United should move on to someone who does rather than chuck more money at it, otherwise it'll just be another Di Maria type situation where he's not that arsed.
    ten Hag is basically, and unsurprisingly getting his Ajax band back together again isnt he.

Looks like they're bringing in Martinez from Ajax too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ten Hag is basically, and unsurprisingly getting his Ajax band back together again isnt he.

He's an interesting one, only 5' 9".

I can't remember the last centre back in the Premier League that sort of height who did well?

Daley Blind (who I thought was a good player and a bit unlucky to be at United when they were a mess) was 5' 11", and he got a lot of "too short" stuff aimed at him.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

I can't remember the last centre back in the Premier League that sort of height who did well?

Daley Blind (who I thought was a good player and a bit unlucky to be at United when they were a mess) was 5' 11", and he got a lot of "too short" stuff aimed at him.
    Chris Perry is the answer to that one - Outstanding player for us, and already had 10-years experience.

Ironically one of his best attributes I always though, was his ability to head the ball
  • Options

That's called the Ben garner method 😂
  • Options

That's called the Ben garner method 😂

Must be a bald thing
  • Options

Chris Perry is the answer to that one - Outstanding player for us, and already had 10-years experience.

Ironically one of his best attributes I always though, was his ability to head the ball
    Good shout that, and I agree, remember him getting up to win headers up against some much taller strikers.
  • Options
    Remember him against Crouch, Crouch didn't win anything that night.
  • Options
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but Reading have signed Shane Long on a free and Jeff Hendrik on loan from Newcastle... Two decent signings in my eyes.!
  • Options
    Portsmouth have signed Josh Griffiths on loan from West Brom, lad was with Lincoln on loan last season.

Thats another young Goalkeeper they've signed, rather than have a permanent choice @ No.1
  • Options
    Will Grigg rejoins MK Dons on a permanent deal
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Will Grigg rejoins MK Dons on a permanent deal
    Bit of a shonky signing for them.