Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    AFC Wimbledon director meets their new loan striker.

Are they doing a remake of twins?
     :D 
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon director meets their new loan striker.

Going for the old little and large up top in a 4-4-2. A return to proper football at last.
  • Options
    I fear what Ryan Inniss would do to those extremely snappable looking legs.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    I fear what Ryan Inniss would do to those extremely snappable looking legs.
    I'd say he'd have a job reaching them but we've seen how high some of his tackles are.
  • Options
    Djed Spence .. Spurs from 'Boro .. very good right back who was a big hit on loan at Forest last season .. 20 Million .. at today's silly money, this could be a relative bargain
  • Options
    Djed Spence .. Spurs from 'Boro .. very good right back who was a big hit on loan at Forest last season .. 20 Million .. at today's silly money, this could be a relative bargain
    YET another decent English right back. It's ridiculous how strong English football is in that position, when you consider the depth we have and the clubs they play for. 
  • Options
    £12.5m + add ons which involve winning trophies and CL qualification...

So £12.5m then...

In all seriousness, genuinely delighted we got him.  Was hugely impressed with him in their cup run against PL opposition.  Arsenal just couldn't handle him.
    I
     didn't realise but he was born North London and was at Fulham's Academy before 'Boro picked him up.  Sounds like he was proper home sick up there which might explain his behaviour/attitude at times.
    He'll need to step up as Conte wont be taking any shit from him.
  • Options
    The ruffians in SE16 have signed Jamie Shackleton on a season long loan from Leeds United.
  • Options
    Ben Hamer to Watford    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LordDofB said:
    Ben Hamer to Watford    
    Ironically replacing Rob Elliot again by the sounds of it:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/20290611.hamer-joins-watford-two-year-deal/
  • Options
    Sam Hutchinson .. Wednesday to Reading .. good experienced all rounder defender/midfielder .. Wednesday will miss him
  • Options
    LordDofB said:
    Ben Hamer to Watford    
    Ironically replacing Rob Elliot again by the sounds of it:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/20290611.hamer-joins-watford-two-year-deal/
    And adding to their home grown players

Rob Elliot doesn't seem to have another club yet, ditto Ben Foster
  • Options
    Forest sign  Lewis O'Brien and Harry Toffolo from Huddersfield
  • Options
    Dwight Gayle joining Stoke 
  • Options
    Sam Hutchinson .. Wednesday to Reading .. good experienced all rounder defender/midfielder .. Wednesday will miss him

Speaking of experienced defenders this reminds me that Michael Morrison is without a club. 34 years old but still played 29 games in the championship last season. Might be a decent player at this level still and an experienced head at centre back could be invaluable.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

Speaking of experienced defenders this reminds me that Michael Morrison is without a club. 34 years old but still played 29 games in the championship last season. Might be a decent player at this level still and an experienced head at centre back could be invaluable.
    Will probably end up at Wimbledon 😏
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

I'd take Morrison. Not bad on the ball either. With Elerewe, Ness and Bakirin coming through, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have someone like Morrison around. I guess the only concern would be a lack of pace as O'Connell and Lavelle are certainly not the quickest. If we do sign a 4th I do think it would be nice to have someone a bit quicker. 
  • Options
    Morrison was really bad last year according to their fans.  I think time has caught up with him so a no from me
  • Options
    Following on from Aribo, another player has used Rangers as a stepping stone and shown going to the SPL can be a good move.

Calvin Bassey has signed for Ajax for a Rangers club record fee of £19.6m, in a five-year deal with add-ons that could boost the sale by another £3m.

Bassey joined Rangers from Leicester for a modest compensation fee in 2020.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan Whittaker ..Swans to Plymouth loan ..  versatile forward who was good for Lincoln on loan last season
  • Options
    Jesse Lingard has signed for Forest
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    But I thought he was going to Real, PSG or Inter?!

Funny that.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Funny that.
    Haven't they offered him £200k a week? Spending money like water in the hope they don't get relegated. These clubs just don't learn
  • Options
    At least they've seen the sense to only make it a one year deal 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Funny that.
    Haven't they offered him £200k a week? Spending money like water in the hope they don't get relegated. These clubs just don't learn
    The Mirror said "Lingard will also earn 80k-a-week at the newly promoted outfit, lower than previous suggestions shared on social media."

But who knows?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    He's back?  When was he there before?!

He's such a weird, cringey little man.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Scoham said:

Funny that.
    The Mirror said "Lingard will also earn 80k-a-week at the newly promoted outfit, lower than previous suggestions shared on social media."

But who knows?
    Seen a lot of reports saying 180-200k a week. Also West ham apparently made him a really good offer but Forest's offer blew them away. If it was 80k a week then that isn't blowing West ham away that's for sure.

The salary is crazy and the world has gone mad that a club is paying that to Lingard but......it's a free transfer and only a 1 year deal, so basically it's costing Forest 10m. If they signed a player it would probably take a lot more than that for a player of his quality. And of course if he keeps them up it's 10m well worth it.