Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Christian Eriksen gone to Man United on a 3 year deal
  • Options
    3 year deal for Eriksen at Utd. It's a great story around his recovery and all that but another strange deal for Utd. Did well at Brentford admittedly but he's already 30 and seemed to be on a bit of a downturn when at Inter. Perhaps he's on a cheaper contract which would be a miracle for a Utd player.
  • Options
    You clearly type more quickly than me 🤣
  • Options
    3 year deal for Eriksen at Utd. It's a great story around his recovery and all that but another strange deal for Utd. Did well at Brentford admittedly but he's already 30 and seemed to be on a bit of a downturn when at Inter. Perhaps he's on a cheaper contract which would be a miracle for a Utd player.
    Doubt it.

Suspect it's a 3 year deal as Brentford or Spurs were offering 1 or 2, and United has to offer higher wages and a longer contract to stop him going there.  We're a lot of rumours he preferred London.

Free transfer though I guess so still a cheapish option compared to some.
  • Options
    Djed Spence deal to Spurs is almost done... Thats a deal that feels as though its taken far too long.
  • Options
    Doubt it.

Suspect it's a 3 year deal as Brentford or Spurs were offering 1 or 2, and United has to offer higher wages and a longer contract to stop him going there.  We're a lot of rumours he preferred London.

Free transfer though I guess so still a cheapish option compared to some.
    There's was no way we were going to offer him a 3 year contract at 30 with his medical history.
    We would have all loved to have seen him come back and as far as we know, he was coming back until United offered him a ridiculously stupid deal he couldn't refuse and quite frankly, who can bloody blame him?

I wouldn't mind, playing 3-4-3, there's only 2 central midfield spots up for grabs and was it likely Conte was going to trust him centrally?  I doubt it.  He cant match the energy of Bentancur, Bissouma, PEH and Oli Skipp.  There are rumours we want one more.  

Djed Spence deal to Spurs is almost done... Thats a deal that feels as though its taken far too long.
    No surprise the buy back option on Kyle Walker Peters was leaked to the press last week was it?
    We offered more than anyone else did but Gibson wanted it front loaded, with add ons AND a sell on fee.
    By the sounds of it, we've got the deal we wanted in the end.  Another home grown in and means we can bring in another overseas player elsewhere in the squad.

• Options
    You clearly type more quickly than me 🤣
    Your fingers have gone
  • Options
    One of those rumours that happen every summer but never happens... Neymar to Man City is all over twitter.
  • Options
    One of those rumours that happen every summer but never happens... Neymar to Man City is all over twitter.
    They trying to get United to overpay for another one?!

Doesn't feel like a very City signing, they spend money but tends to be on 23, 24 year olds they then get the peak years of.
  • Options
    Bayern have finally accepted an offer (reported to be €50m) from Barca for Lewandowski.

Fuck knows how they're going to be able to register all these signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

They look very strong this season 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

35 now, so either an inspired signing or their version of Ben Watson or Harry Arter
  • Options
    Bayern have finally accepted an offer (reported to be €50m) from Barca for Lewandowski.

Fuck knows how they're going to be able to register all these signings.
    Broke to paying €50m for a 33 year old!

Still owe half their players millions, shouldn't be allowed to pay transfer fees while that's the case.
    Agreed, I'm baffled what's going on there. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Plus it's a stupid strategy.

Focus on youth and developing players, surely?  Not sign players at that age, unless they are free like Aubameyang.

They'll probably sell De Jong to fund it, who is 25.  Who is the better bet long term?

They've learned nothing from Messi and overpaying for big names etc.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

Not sure they’re any stronger than last year though. Off the top of my head they’ve lost Twine, Parrott, Wickham, Kesler Hayden, Darling, Coventry, Kasumu, Corbeanu. 

That’s a lot of goals to replace in the team.

• Options
    Derby sign Korey Smith, another 30+ player dropping down for the Championship. Will be interesting to see how they do.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/07/smith-next-in-at-derby-as-summer-rebuild-continues
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

Not sure they’re any stronger than last year though. Off the top of my head they’ve lost Twine, Parrott, Wickham, Kesler Hayden, Darling, Coventry, Kasumu, Corbeanu. 

They have replaced them with the likes of Tucker ,Louis Barry ,Ethan Robson and Will Grigg.

They are linked with Rai Sakhi ( maybe be wrong spelling). That looks pretty strong to me.
  • Options
    They must be paying him a lot by MLS standards but Toronto have signed Federico Bernadeschi from Juventus on a free transfer. He's only 28 and was part of the Italy squad that won the Euro's, as was Insigne who has also gone there.
  • Options
    They must be paying him a lot by MLS standards but Toronto have signed Federico Bernadeschi from Juventus on a free transfer. He's only 28 and was part of the Italy squad that won the Euro's, as was Insigne who has also gone there.
    He was very good for Fiorentina but has done sweet fa for juve. Still an odd move for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

They have replaced them with the likes of Tucker ,Louis Barry ,Ethan Robson and Will Grigg.

They are linked with Rai Sakhi ( maybe be wrong spelling). That looks pretty strong to me.
    Possibly but they’ve replaced Twine, Parrott, Wickham and Corbeanu (about 30+ league goals) with the players mentioned who have about 6 league goals between them last season. 

No doubt they’ll challenge for the top 6 but my point was they don’t look as strong (as things stand at least ) 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

I've never heard of Ethan Robson so I googled him, he was at Milton Keynes last season on loan so doesn't really strengthen them
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

I've never heard of Ethan Robson so I googled him, he was at Milton Keynes last season on loan so doesn't really strengthen them
    Was recalled in January so does strengthen from their end of season team. I'm with Covered End Jr though, few decent signings but they've lost 3/4 of their best players. I don't think they'll finish top 6
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradley Johnson to Mkd.

Was recalled in January so does strengthen from their end of season team. I'm with Covered End Jr though, few decent signings but they've lost 3/4 of their best players. I don't think they'll finish top 6
    opps, silly me for putting all my faith into wiki!!!!
  • Options
    That game of golf didnt work for Joey Barton - James Norwood has signed for Barnsley
  • Options
    Harness from Pompey to Ipswich .. very good signing for the Tractor Mob
  • Options
    Harness from Pompey to Ipswich .. very good signing for the Tractor Mob
    Joe Pigott has gone the other way on a season long loan as part of the deal.
  • Options
    Derby linked with Kemar Roofe.
  • Options
    Derby linked with Kemar Roofe.
    Interesting to see how they do. Hourihane, Mendez - Laing, McGoldrick, Smith, Chester, Collins all range between 30-34. Good championship experience but as we saw with Arter/Watson signing players towards the end of their careers is a gamble. 
  • Options
    Interesting stats on here, won’t be 100% accurate but a decent indicator.

Nearly £6m raised across the entire league in sales but only £355k spent on fees (expect there’s some undisclosed fees missed and left out).

Even the big spenders in terms of wages mainly rely on frees and loans.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2022&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0&intern=1