Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is anyone else not fussed about Wales's progress in the Euros?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Can't support Wales after they celebrated our defeat to Iceland. 
    No offence, but I think the entire world (apart from England) celebrated the Iceland win (and not necessarily because of a hatred towards England).
    A country with a population of 300k beating England, where football was born, is nothing short of a massive sensation.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    No offence, but I think the entire world (apart from England) celebrated the Iceland win (and not necessarily because of a hatred towards England).
    A country with a population of 300k beating England, where football was born, is nothing short of a massive sensation.
    This is true but most of the Welsh players played for English clubs, and in addition were possibly colleagues or ex colleagues with one or more of the England players in the team.

If you live in another country it seems highly foolish to support the opposition in public unless it's your country they're playing. If you're at home then obviously you can do what you want but be careful not to cheer too loud 😉. 

The question is 'did they know they were being filmed?' I'd like to think that some of them felt embarrassed about it afterwards.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    This is true but most of the Welsh players played for English clubs, and in addition were possibly colleagues or ex colleagues with one or more of the England players in the team.

If you live in another country it seems highly foolish to support the opposition in public unless it's your country they're playing. If you're at home then obviously you can do what you want but be careful not to cheer too loud 😉. 

The question is 'did they know they were being filmed?' I'd like to think that some of them felt embarrassed about it afterwards.
    My bad, sorry. I thought he meant the Welsh population in general, not the players.