Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson - Yacht's Not To Like?

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone else notice the red drinks/food menu with the Charlton logo on it?
    think its a laptop mate

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Those boats cost a fortune to use/run. We have a friend that had a smaller one (a millionaire) so don't expect Jim's one to be cheaper. I expect he leaves it moored for most of the time! 
  • Options
    His comedy isn't to a lot of people's taste (including mine) but I think the main reason he's hated is that he's a working class, Tory supporting entertainer which is about as bad as it gets in many people's eyes. 
    He’s also racist, sexist and homophobic. Which does it for me.
  • Options
    Did anyone else notice the red drinks/food menu with the Charlton logo on it?
    think its a laptop mate

Could be.🤔
  • Options
    Whatever your view is of Jim, he has been a very good friend to  Charlton over the years. 
    Apart from the period when he supported Bournemouth 
  • Options
    Whatever your view is of Jim, he has been a very good friend to  Charlton over the years. 
    Wasn't he a director there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure that he actually supported them, though as he had invested in them he would have wanted them to be successful  .........and even if he did, it was in no way to the extent he supported us Addicks.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Why exactly is there so much hatred on here from some people towards Jim Davidson? I actually like the bloke and good for him that he’s managed to earn a few Bob so he can afford a boat like that. It’s called gumption, flair and drive. Good for him.,
    He’s not a nice human being. I’ve seen him sexually harass multiple women while at The Valley, including an underage family member while taking a photo with him in the millennium lounge.

I don’t want to spark any controversy, just not nice to see him get so much praise for being a great bloke.
  • Options
    Not sure that he actually supported them, though as he had invested in them he would have wanted them to be successful  .........and even if he did, it was in no way to the extent he supported us Addicks.
    It was in the 80’s when we were paupers - strange that he didn’t put money into a club he apparently supports….

I don’t recall him being on the radar as a Charlton supporter until we made the Prem - certainly never saw him around during the Selhurst days
  • Options
    iainment said:
    His comedy isn't to a lot of people's taste (including mine) but I think the main reason he's hated is that he's a working class, Tory supporting entertainer which is about as bad as it gets in many people's eyes. 

Jimbo is in his mid 60's and his comedy since he was 20 has reflected the times and also he gave his audience what they found funny.

We now have a fully multi racial society with London being totally cosmopolitan with a myriad of different folk from all over the globe. Chalky, 'Jim's black mate' a character from 4 decades ago doesn't reflect the young Black and dual heritage people who have been born and raised in this Country.

Despite never having been into his comedy; he is a Charlton fan and that's one redeeming feature, though I always thought he was mad for getting married so many times and all that dosh he has to pay out.

I got news for most of the younger guys on here from a white background. So many of your Dad's, Grandad's would've had similar views from Jim if they came from the 'working classes' or even the likes of Churchill who would have ticked all the boxes for Racist, sexist and homophobic because they were the majority view back in the day.

2021 is a different world. 
    I grew up in the 70s and found him offensive, unpleasant and unfunny back then. 
    I was born in 1955 and found him offensive from when I first heard him. There’s no excuse for the routines he did regardless of when they were made.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:

Jimbo is in his mid 60's and his comedy since he was 20 has reflected the times and also he gave his audience what they found funny.

We now have a fully multi racial society with London being totally cosmopolitan with a myriad of different folk from all over the globe. Chalky, 'Jim's black mate' a character from 4 decades ago doesn't reflect the young Black and dual heritage people who have been born and raised in this Country.

Despite never having been into his comedy; he is a Charlton fan and that's one redeeming feature, though I always thought he was mad for getting married so many times and all that dosh he has to pay out.

I got news for most of the younger guys on here from a white background. So many of your Dad's, Grandad's would've had similar views from Jim if they came from the 'working classes' or even the likes of Churchill who would have ticked all the boxes for Racist, sexist and homophobic because they were the majority view back in the day.

2021 is a different world. 
    I grew up in the 70s and found him offensive, unpleasant and unfunny back then. 
    I was born in 1955 and found him offensive from when I first heard him. There’s no excuse for the routines he did regardless of when they were made.
    I was also born in 1955 and I found him very funny back in the day.
    Couldn't get away with that type of humour now  of course but back then I did find him funny  
    Shouldn’t have been able to get away with it then. But hey ho.
  • Options
    Some proper melons on here.

All comedy is immediate and has an impact, funny yes or no. That's YOUR choice.

The minute you try and disect comedy it becomes boring, especially after the nth time on here.

If you don't like a thread titled "Jim Davidson", stay the feck away.

Not knowing Jim personally, i bet he won't keep the boat long, his next wife will get that in settlement.

Sorry Jim.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton life becomes Twitter in shock Jim Davidson discussion
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    Predictable course of this thread.😴
  • Options
    He went to my christening - and probably shagged my mum / sisters.

• Options
    nice to see this thread hasn't gone the way of every other Jim Davidson one on here......oh wait a minute.
  • Options
    Good luck to ya Jimbo.  I have spent a bit of time in his company at matches etc and he's basically one of us. His views are of his time and era and that's that. I hate tories in general and working class ones are the worst BUT that don't stop me liking someone if they're good company and a nice bloke both of which he is.    
    Bang on how I see it - never been in his company but personally think people need to grow up if they r judging the man on his politics - he’s a funny man and he’s Charlton - good enough for me 
  • Options
    I’m indifferent to his type of comedy element, I just don’t buy it that he has been a supporter for as long as it’s made out - my only recollection of him and Charlton being connected before the Prem years, was that stupid TV show in the 70’s where football clubs were represented by celebs in a game show style format (or something like that - I’m sure someone will remember what was called) 
  • Options
    Predictable course of this thread.😴
    We need a navigator! Choppy waters ahead!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I’m indifferent to his type of comedy element, I just don’t buy it that he has been a supporter for as long as it’s made out - my only recollection of him and Charlton being connected before the Prem years, was that stupid TV show in the 70’s where football clubs were represented by celebs in a game show style format (or something like that - I’m sure someone will remember what was called) 
    He was around in the Hales/ Flanagan era and before.

I seem to remember Jim Bowen????!!! represented us, gawd knows why.